Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 205post #3061 of 243436/18/14 at 1:00pmpost #3062 of 243436/18/14 at 1:48pmpost #3063 of 243436/18/14 at 2:13pmpost #3064 of 243436/18/14 at 2:19pmpost #3065 of 243436/18/14 at 2:19pmpost #3066 of 243436/18/14 at 3:04pmpost #3067 of 243436/18/14 at 3:11pmpost #3068 of 243436/18/14 at 3:34pmpost #3069 of 243436/18/14 at 3:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by MGD83
I wonder if we could get 3 members in to do it? I wouldn't mind trying it on a round last, like the 804, rather then the sharp chisel of the 946, although I could be swayed. Sooner or later I will place my own MTO for either this austerity brogue or a museum cap toe adelaide.
Sounds like we are on the same page -- talk to me later about that museum captoe adelaide (thinking burnished burgundy for that one, or maybe plum museum calf).
I do not want this on the sharp chisel. Was thinking soft chiseled last. Not sure of the round last but I think I could be swayed too on that one. Anybody else?
EDIT -- Wait, I think you just want an austerity brogue on a different last in dark brown museum. I want a shoe like the Lobb model (punched captoe, no other brogueing/perforations, similar design).post #3070 of 243436/18/14 at 3:51pmI'd also be open to the austerity on the soft chisel 2102. I definitely prefer a medium brown over the burgundy, as I already own a nice Bonafe burgundy wholecut that I am happy with.
As for the museum adelaide, I like the colour that Skoak is currently offering on the site for this type of makeup (gold museum calf) and I would have probably ordered it if it had some sort of medallion on the toe or a cap.
Some ideas for the museum adelaide style:
These are just some different last shapes to show the difference between round and chisel, and some colour ideas. These are some adelaide models by Bestetti and Aubercy.post #3071 of 243436/18/14 at 3:51pmpost #3072 of 243436/18/14 at 10:28pmThread StarterQuote:
IMO burgundy goes best with navy, blue and grey.
Edited by Leaves - 6/19/14 at 1:43ampost #3073 of 243436/19/14 at 2:16pmThread Starterpost #3074 of 243436/19/14 at 2:43pmpost #3075 of 243436/19/14 at 3:43pmQuote:
The dancing part sounds definitely of your part of the world. If the nymphs pictured are part of the equation, anything they want to do is fine.
Have a great long weekend.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 11 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers Replacement? 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...