Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 1545post #23161 of 2433110/10/16 at 9:29ampost #23162 of 2433110/10/16 at 10:08ampost #23163 of 2433110/10/16 at 11:08ampost #23164 of 2433110/10/16 at 11:30ampost #23165 of 2433110/10/16 at 11:40amQuote:
Please note that the double monk is one of the models available to order via the Carlos Santos Patina Service program:post #23166 of 2433110/10/16 at 12:20pmpost #23167 of 2433110/10/16 at 3:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by fungamer
I have brought a pair of carmina boots online in skoaktiebolaget last month. I wore them for the first time yesterday.
When I was polishing them today, a terrible thing happened: the dark shade (patina?) in the cap toe of my right foot boot began to expand and ended up making the whole toe in a very deep color (which makes it very different from the left foot one). I only use SAPHIR neutral color wax to polish my boots, using a cream colored new polishing cloth.
I am very concerned and dont know what to do now.
Here's the pictures:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It looks like you're in the GTA. If you like you can contact GTA Shoe Shine (here) to see if he can fix it. The owner is @jokb and is a member in good standing here. If you prefer DIY please consult the shoe care thread here.
As others have said it looks like you used way too much wax.post #23168 of 2433110/10/16 at 8:55pmpost #23169 of 2433110/11/16 at 2:03amThread Starterpost #23170 of 2433110/11/16 at 2:04amThread Starterpost #23171 of 2433110/11/16 at 3:08am
By popular demand we've just launched Hestra Cashmere Lined Peccary - be sure to get it while it's hot because these sell out quick!
Also in stock:
Oliverpost #23172 of 2433110/11/16 at 5:07amThread Starterpost #23173 of 2433110/11/16 at 5:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
We've just launched some great stuff guys, some of these are going really fast...
No kidding. That CS split toe already sold out in a few sizes (including my size). That style is too great, love the grain model and if it wasn't sold out I'd seriously have to consider checking it out.
Need a dark brown or snuff suede shade of brown in that style. GMTO anyone?....post #23174 of 2433110/11/16 at 5:16ampost #23175 of 2433110/11/16 at 5:31amQuote:
I have a general aversion to Clemson fans but I'll endeavor to help in the name of good shoes. Do you have any Carmina currently? If so, do you have anything on the Forest or Soller last? I personally like the look of the wingtip more but I have a hard time with the instep on the Forest last. If that last fits you that would be my preference.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 32 seconds ago
- › Tricker's #8 Cordovan Derby Size UK 8.5 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...