Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 1370post #20536 of 243432/10/16 at 5:30pmpost #20537 of 243432/10/16 at 5:31pmpost #20538 of 243432/10/16 at 5:46pmpost #20539 of 243432/10/16 at 6:02pmQuote:
In fact, I've discussed this with Gabriel before.
In the setting of a GMTO, you will first need 6 (instead of 3) consecutive pairs in one width before other widths can be added.
In light of the new price increase, I am not entirely sure how this will change.post #20540 of 243432/10/16 at 6:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by DonRaphael
Hence the "though question" (=it depends). If you're a wide fit in Vass for example, I don't think a regular CS will fit you. But if you're a wide fit in G&G and EG as Leaves, that might work out for you. I size up 1/2 for EG and G&G, mostly because of the width. Judging by that, CS regular width works for me. I would say it all depends on what you're comparing to.
Mate, thanks for all the guidance but that one bit in bold makes it all to be taken with a healthy pinch of salt. If you need more width, you should get the wider cut, not increase length.post #20541 of 243432/10/16 at 8:37pmpost #20542 of 243432/10/16 at 9:10pmpost #20543 of 243432/10/16 at 9:19pmpost #20544 of 243432/10/16 at 11:16pmQuote:
Thanks for clarifying. The example calf image looks so much more chiseled and pointed than the suede. I actually thought they were totally different lasts.post #20545 of 243432/10/16 at 11:49pmpost #20546 of 243432/11/16 at 12:06amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Newcomer
Today's haul, in toto.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wear in good health, both looks great.Quote:
Yes, this is actually true but will be reviewed with the new prices coming in March. And the 363MOD last only comes in one standard width.Quote:Originally Posted by Roger la Rock
You have new Carmina 5 hole chukkas on Tomir soles listed as brown calf. What leather is this, please? Vegano?
Do these have a midsole?
Everything you see listed as brown calf on our website is Vegano Marron. If it's Natur Marron we list it as Espresso Calf (one style only). The sole has a thin midsole.
Edited by Leaves - 2/11/16 at 1:10ampost #20547 of 243432/11/16 at 12:55ampost #20548 of 243432/11/16 at 2:01ampost #20549 of 243432/11/16 at 2:02ampost #20550 of 243432/11/16 at 2:04amThread Starter
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 37 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 46 seconds ago
- › Is this a tie? A belt? What is this? 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 5 minutes ago
- › NWOT Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece by Caruso, 100% cashmere jacket,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...