or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 1317

post #19741 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post

This is betis bleu, made up. Ignore the briefcase.

]

Very nice!!!
post #19742 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

The absence of speedhooks is a pain, but it makes for a much cleaner and better look, IMO. The Thorpes may not be a regular choice for you, if you have to put on and take off shoes during your day.

Did the dark oak Nevis delivery make it to Skoak? I like the Nevis pattern.

Agreed, and the Torpes in my opinion are just one of those boots that look so much better without speed hooks.
post #19743 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post
 

FWIW, you might not want to put shoe trees in it. Creasing really helps show the shoemaker which areas have extra space/need to be fixed.


do you mean for my St. C trial shoes? 

 

If so, I was wearing them without the shoe trees and just put them in to show them to you guys better. Now that I know what needs work, I may wear them once in a while if I need a beater shoe and can keep them in better shape with the tree.

post #19744 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


Agreed, and the Torpes in my opinion are just one of those boots that look so much better without speed hooks.


i agree. they look amazing like this. they just are a pain for me, but I guess I can deal with it for the look of them. Plus they are so comfortable when wearing too!

 

I probably will just make sure to get the hooks on future boot orders again, now that I have learned the hard way.

post #19745 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post
 


do you mean for my St. C trial shoes? 

 

If so, I was wearing them without the shoe trees and just put them in to show them to you guys better. Now that I know what needs work, I may wear them once in a while if I need a beater shoe and can keep them in better shape with the tree.

Yeah, just to emphasize where the creases are, if youre sending in pics it could let the shoemaker more easily see where the last needs to be altered.

post #19746 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post
 

Yeah, just to emphasize where the creases are, if youre sending in pics it could let the shoemaker more easily see where the last needs to be altered.


of course. thanks for clarifying for other people. 

 

i already gave my info to skoak so they told St. C what to do for me. I'm having them make it the equivalent of 1/2 size smaller so it will be a bit shorter and also one more width narrow. Then to add a bit to the big toe area so I don't get pinched in there at all. 

post #19747 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post

This is betis bleu, made up. Ignore the briefcase.

IMG_20150814_100225_zpsjlykklt7.jpg

That is a fantastic blue. Now I want a pair of those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

So do I hear calls for GMTO in Betis Blue. Chukka?

I think that's a distinct possibility. Consider me interested.
post #19748 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post
 


of course. thanks for clarifying for other people. 

 

i already gave my info to skoak so they told St. C what to do for me. I'm having them make it the equivalent of 1/2 size smaller so it will be a bit shorter and also one more width narrow. Then to add a bit to the big toe area so I don't get pinched in there at all. 

I know what you mean, although I may not exactly be as challenged as you are given your long feet. It can certainly take more time putting on boots that don't have them, but these just look so good without them. Ah well, such is life. LOL​

post #19749 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

So much depth of color in those. Looks almost like shell or museum calf. Is that from factory antiquing or polishing?

From quite a bit of polishing. Haha. Though they looked great right out of the box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

If EB thought they had a lot of orders back then (how many MTO was it again?), I can't begin to imagine how much more there would be now if they ever did that promo again.

I believe it was 170 pairs or somewhere around that figure.
post #19750 of 23850
Regarding speedhooks, I like them for their practicality but sometimes the laces can 'unhook' from the hoooks. I'm not sure why that happens, perhaps the fit is not so snug and the leather pieces may overlap/ move relative to each otehr.
post #19751 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post

From quite a bit of polishing. Haha. Though they looked great right out of the box.
I believe it was 170 pairs or somewhere around that figure.

Sorry to question you about it, but what did u use? Black? Cream? Wax? They look too awesome.
post #19752 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Sorry to question you about it, but what did u use? Black? Cream? Wax? They look too awesome.

I've only polished these once so far, when I had nothing else to do one afternoon. I haven't worn them much to be honest, though I probably should.
I used Saphir navy cream first, then navy wax. The slightest touch of black wax right at the tip as the final layer. Then that's it.
post #19753 of 23850
Hardly wearing them?? Whaaaaaat? If you need me to wear them for you I am willing to help a brother out.
post #19754 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Hardly wearing them?? Whaaaaaat? If you need me to wear them for you I am willing to help a brother out.

 

Lol. It's actually mainly because the recent monsoon season makes for really unpredictable weather. It can be blazing hot in the morning, and all of a sudden a thunderstorm in the early afternoon. We also get plenty of convectional rain, So recently I've been wearing only rubber soled shoes, everyday. And this pair has double leather. 

That being said, I'll definitely be rotating through these more often now that the weather is a little better. 

 

A couple of things about this pair, 
SkoaB will tell you as well, that Betis is a less "dressy" leather and I agree. There's nothing wrong with it definitely, but it's just the look of it, it does have a more "rugged" appearance. It is however, pretty easy to polish. I don't know how else to describe it, but some leathers "take" the cream and wax very easily and this is one of them. You can build up a shine rather quickly, and there is a lot of dept to the colour. 

Btw, the 946 last just looks great with the norvegese stitch. I really wouldn't go norvegese on any other last, tbh.

post #19755 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYawker View Post


Definitely interested in that model watch. I'm on the fence regarding which color would be more useful for summer wear.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrolls View Post
 

@watchidiot I'm not a tassle fan, but if you nix that I'm in (same loafer, no tassle). No big deal if not, good luck either way. 

 

 

FYI; we have a braided loafer (80301) incoming at the end of march on the Simpson last. This is an old picture but it will look like this more or less but on simpson:

 

 

 

Regards,

 

Oliver

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
  • Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread