or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 1268

post #19006 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

I slept on the EB black captoes - literally.  Put them in the cart last night, decided to have an extra Duvel and some totally unnecessary leftovers, and went to bed.  Went to pull the trigger this morning and gone.  (I know, I know... This story gets old.)  Look forward to the 804 GMTO but now wondering if this model wasn't the way to go.

ha, my Dover story is the same. The guy who pulled the trigger was fast!
post #19007 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post


You wouldn't leave me behind here right? NST or chukka in oak tarnsjo sounds good right?

 

Hey man, will definitely keep you updated on any developments! 

post #19008 of 23850

Hi guys, I'm looking for some sizing advice on the Enzo Bonafe 74945 last.  I wear a 9 UK in the 946 last and the 804 last.  I find the 804 last to be slightly long but not to the point where I would size down.  The 946 is a perfect length and was a touch tight in the toes until I wore them a few times.  Should I go with a 9UK or a 9.5UK?

 

Thanks in advance!

post #19009 of 23850

everything I wanted was sold out :violin:

post #19010 of 23850
Been aiming the manolo collaboration from EB full wing Adelaide for the longest time ever... To complete my manolo collection with Carmina suede Adelaide which also happen to be my first Carmina. Thanks to Black Friday code : )

Word can't describe how happy I am...
post #19011 of 23850
Is anyone sporting the Office Boot? Weighing these against a black shell boot for the office.
post #19012 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd V View Post

Is anyone sporting the Office Boot? Weighing these against a black shell boot for the office.

 

The former is slightly more dressy but the latter is cool as hell and it's the one I would go for as long as pairing with suits isn't the main goal and as long as you don't mind looking after shell.

post #19013 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post



You wouldn't leave me behind here right? NST or chukka in oak tarnsjo sounds good right?

 



Chukka FTW.
@ThunderMarch if your in for a chukka maybe we've already got 3? I'm guessing @rydenfan would also be interested in a chukka. I know he has been jonesing for an EB grain leather chukka with norvegese stitching.
post #19014 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

@ThunderMarch if your in for a chukka maybe we've already got 3? I'm guessing @rydenfan would also be interested in a chukka. I know he has been jonesing for an EB grain leather chukka with norvegese stitching.

Hmm, I am actually considering a wingtip balmoral boot kind of makeup. Might already have 3 interests.
post #19015 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

The former is slightly more dressy but the latter is cool as hell and it's the one I would go for as long as pairing with suits isn't the main goal and as long as you don't mind looking after shell.

Suits are part of the goal. The Black Friday special is cool and has the blind eyelets, which helps.
post #19016 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd V View Post

Suits are part of the goal. The Black Friday special is cool and has the blind eyelets, which helps.

The office boot is the better bet then. I can't see wearing a Frankenstitch jumper with a suit even if it is black. Though I'm sure some would.
post #19017 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post



Have not decided on styles yet. We have enough right now to make the following amount of pairs (approx.):
- Oak: 5 pairs of boots or 6 pairs of shoes
- Cognac (like the stuff we previously stocked from Carmina): 6 pairs of boots or 7 pairs of shoes
- Chestnut: 3 pairs of boots or 6 pairs of shoes

I've never seen Oak or Chestnut IRL (these names are my inventions by translating the color names from Swedish so please don't give this too much weight) so I can't post any pictures, we only have the unfinished raw material available in the Bonafé factory.

 

Hi Patrik, 

 

I understand you only have the unfinished raw materials at the moment but would you be able to give a bit of an approximation for the color of the Tanrsjo Oak, or some form of a pictorial representation that's close enough?

It would help in getting the GMTO together.

Thanks in advance. 

post #19018 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post

Hmm, I am actually considering a wingtip balmoral boot kind of makeup. Might already have 3 interests.
Let's split it between 2 groups? 3 each? I think a more casual make up would look great with tarnsjo.
post #19019 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post


Let's split it between 2 groups? 3 each? I think a more casual make up would look great with tarnsjo.

 

Sure man, though I hope they have enough for 2 groups of 3!

post #19020 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

I'm not sure there will be more Kudu, at least not that type, I believe that was from a leather merchant that went bust 15 years ago and then AA Crack secured it recently somehow, but I'm not sure. I think we have enough for maybe a couple of single MTOs still, we'll have to wait and see after the Thorpe order has gone through production how much is left.

I think this might be Kudu from that Peabody tannery. I am glad I got the pair. According to AA Crack site. there are still some colors of this Kudu leather available.

I wonder why Mountain Ram was discontinued.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
  • Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread