The new Bonafe cordovan wingtips, just wow.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 1203post #18031 of 2439510/26/15 at 12:34pmpost #18032 of 2439510/26/15 at 12:59pmpost #18033 of 2439510/26/15 at 1:11pmpost #18034 of 2439510/26/15 at 1:47pmx-post from Bonafe thread
Wearing my Bonafe MTO chukkas today! Some thin sockliners I got from Vass have improved the fit tremendously.
@Leaves will Bonafe add an insole sockliner on request on an MTO? This has all but solved my instep issue with the 946 last.
Many thanks to Skoak for an exceptional pair!post #18035 of 2439510/26/15 at 2:06pmpost #18036 of 2439510/26/15 at 2:28pmQuote:
The price is slightly higher for the Button boots since the level of craftsmanship for the details of the models are higher and the time to complete a pair is significantly longer than for a normal boot (piping, buttons, button holes etc). All button holes are hand stitched and the buttons themselves takes a long time to finish. It is actually only one lady in the factory (well, she is mostly working from home) who does those two steps as well as the Norvegese stitching.post #18037 of 2439510/26/15 at 2:57pmpost #18038 of 2439510/26/15 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Skoaktiebolaget
The price is slightly higher for the Button boots since the level of craftsmanship for the details of the models are higher and the time to complete a pair is significantly longer than for a normal boot (piping, buttons, button holes etc). All button holes are hand stitched and the buttons themselves takes a long time to finish. It is actually only one lady in the factory (well, she is mostly working from home) who does those two steps as well as the Norvegese stitching.
Well, that makes perfect sense lol, thanks for the info.
Can't speak to their quality, but they seem an excellent deal!
I also echo the sentiments about the cordovan brogues. Just lovely.post #18039 of 2439510/26/15 at 5:23pmpost #18040 of 2439510/26/15 at 5:25pmpost #18041 of 2439510/26/15 at 5:40pmpost #18042 of 2439510/26/15 at 8:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
We (finally) got a small batch of Edward Green shoes. But it's a good one no doubt! RCC for the win! As you might know these are usually made up on the 888 last, but we managed to have them done on the 202 instead. http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/new-arrivals/products/edward-green-haweswater
Wow they look great! I'd love to see how the other brands that you carry would make a similar style!post #18043 of 2439510/26/15 at 9:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
We (finally) got a small batch of Edward Green shoes. But it's a good one no doubt! RCC for the win! As you might know these are usually made up on the 888 last, but we managed to have them done on the 202 instead. http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/new-arrivals/products/edward-green-haweswater Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
LOL, not the same model but I knew a rosewood CC LWB would look good. Well played Leaves! Too bad no 6 UK.post #18044 of 2439510/26/15 at 9:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by agedashidofu
These bad boys arrived from Skoak 2 weeks ago but haven't had the time to take pics / try them on. Taking them out for a walk today.
Very pleased with the outcome. Saw these when I was in Japan (with all dark brown suede) but I thought it could have looked better in this calf/suede color combination.
Had ordered 2 (other one in cordovan) - will take pics later on. The cordovan pair felt slightly looser (small margin of error so they still fit fine.) However, this is consistent with the vass pairs I've owned (cordovan slightly looser vs. calf/suede.)
Anyways - thanks to Skoak/Gabriel for the fantastic service. It took a while to try to guess which last / model this is on - but the outcome is better than I expected. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Damn, you always take such great shots! Great choice and even greater photo. What camera and lens did you use?post #18045 of 2439510/27/15 at 12:51amThread Starter
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Two Rado Watches - Carpe Diem and Cerix 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 21 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 29 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 44 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 45 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...