or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 1188

post #17806 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post

Thanx yea that is one reason I picked them
post #17807 of 23840
I've always wondered what they do to shoes after they do this. goodyearwelt.jpg

Now I know.
post #17808 of 23840

Hi

@Leaves

 

Any idea when those etrusco balmoral boots are gonna come in? I need to get my hands on them. 

post #17809 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post
 

Hi

@Leaves

 

Any idea when those etrusco balmoral boots are gonna come in? I need to get my hands on them. 

Hopefully within two weeks

post #17810 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post



Enzo Bonafe Whole Cut Chelsea Boot Love them. Thank you for wonderful service skoaktiebolaget icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

@TtownMD: I noticed these don't have pull tabs/loops. How does that affect putting the boots on/off?
post #17811 of 23840
Thread Starter 
For those of you who have never visited our lil' shop, here is a link where you can take a virtual tour. Many people are surprised how small our store really is when they visit. biggrin.gif
Edited by Leaves - 10/14/15 at 4:59am
post #17812 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkoak View Post

@TtownMD: I noticed these don't have pull tabs/loops. How does that affect putting the boots on/off?
I have no issues putting boots on & off but I can see it can be pain for people with wide feet.
post #17813 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

For those of you who have never visited our lil' shop, here is a link where you can take a virtual tour. Many people are surprised how small our store really is when they visit. biggrin.gif

Thats awesome :)

post #17814 of 23840

Am I the only one who realizes that Skoak's Carmina prices are lower than Carmina's Carmina prices?

 

Admittedly, it's a $5ish difference, but, considering the price hike was (at least somewhat) due to what I would consider, from all I've read, to be whiny US retailers, I think that is a realization that we should most definitely be giving Skoak our money.

 

Clearly, that goes without saying, but it doesn't hurt repeating in my view.

post #17815 of 23840
Please... Don't say anything about price discrepancies between the EU and US. Leads to $200 EG and $400 StC price increases : (
post #17816 of 23840

Nothing beats the exhorbitant price differential that Asian customers typicall pay in stores across Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and Hong Kong.

post #17817 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post
 

Am I the only one who realizes that Skoak's Carmina prices are lower than Carmina's Carmina prices?

 

Admittedly, it's a $5ish difference, but, considering the price hike was (at least somewhat) due to what I would consider, from all I've read, to be whiny US retailers, I think that is a realization that we should most definitely be giving Skoak our money.

 

Clearly, that goes without saying, but it doesn't hurt repeating in my view.

I think Carmina is happy selling through retail channels rather than direct though. At least from what I have heard third hand.

post #17818 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post
 

I think Carmina is happy selling through retail channels rather than direct though. At least from what I have heard third hand.

I totally agree.

I think that some retailers, SkoaB included, have done a really, really good job making their shoes much more accessible and "known" to a wide customer base. In fact, I think a very good portion of their sales comes from these very retailers.

post #17819 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Base price for the style plus any surcharges (exotics, modifications, etc.) and then add 15%. I'm gonna post a USD price list for Bonafè next week. Basically, all Bonafè prices will remain the same as the SEK ex VAT prices as Bonafè has a very hands off, free market aprroach to RRP. Good news for non-EU clients in other words.

 

I think it's really cool that Bonafe adopts this approach. It tells me that they are probably more interested in making quality shoes rather than applying a firm stranglehold on all their retailers to enforce a very fixed price.

Indeed, quality will speak for itself.

 

 

post #17820 of 23840
Thread Starter 
^^Speaking of which, we just recieved two new Enzo Bonafé styles:

Enzo Bonafé Balmoral Boot


Enzo Bonafé Derby Boot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
  • Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread