Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 109

post #1621 of 24886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Thanks Ryden. I'm excited.

I will be curious how you find the sizing of the 82 last in comparison to other boots in your collection.
post #1622 of 24886
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

Thanks for the reply Leaves. I sent a query to Edward Green as well and they seem to dis-agree. confused.gif

I've put their response in quotes below.

It is of course frustrating for us that different people at EG are saying different things about the shearling. What I did last week was to ask the store manager at Jermyn Street. And he confirms what you are saying. I hope this sorts everything out. Sorry for the confusion earlier.

"The lining is around the ankle part of the boot, the easiest way to explain it is if you look at the attached picture the shearling is attached to the part of the boot in Mink suede only."

post #1623 of 24886
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post

Is there a wider Carmina last than a Forest in EEE/wide?

Not to my knowledge because I don't recall them doing Inca in different widths. But I can double check, please e-mail us if you need more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

oof...i haven't even gotten the Beaulieu yet, and you guys post that GMTO.

btw, i see that some US-based people have already started getting their Beaulieu orders. i ordered a few days after they were posted so i'm hoping i get them by monday because i have to leave town for a few days

Please use the tracking number provided using www.usps.com and you'll see exactly where the parcel is. Shipping to the US East Coast is usually the fastest (about 5 business days) because everything we ship to the US goes through a shipping facility in NY. For the rest of the US it can be 6-12 business days, even more on rare occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post

Leaves,

While we're on the subject of group MTO's, how much more would a burgundy museum calf Carmina U-wing go for on the rain last? I was thinking of a single leather sole rather than the leather/rubber sole combo you currently have on the brown U-wing. I'm assuming 6 people would be required for a group MTO and we'd have to put 50% down with the rest due upon arrival

I don't think Carmina does the museum calf. I'll double check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

Do you guys do exotics ever? I had sent an email asking about quill or alligator?

We have an Adelaide in calf and croc incoming in March. But alligator is a totally different ball park. Most exotics we do are MTOs. Please see attached price list for Q1 for more details. CMPRICELISTQ12014.pdf 200k .pdf file

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

That is a stock model you can just email them and order I believe. No mto fee

Correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

Leaves, any chance of a restock for the Carmina Work Wear in black (Rain last)? Thank you sir.

Yes, we have an order incoming in March. Please e-mail us to be on the waiting list.
post #1624 of 24886
Thanks Patrik, looks like it might be arriving today icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Didn't realize that I could use the same tracking number on USPS, I'd been tracking it on the PostNord site
post #1625 of 24886
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

Damn, I don't have room for this purchase this spring. Does this GMTO mean you won't make it stock model for fall, or is that still possible?

We might stock a few extra pairs but I can't promise anything.
post #1626 of 24886
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I will be curious how you find the sizing of the 82 last in comparison to other boots in your collection.

Will let you know my friend. I'm looking to get Westministers on 888 last as well. Going to my local BB store and see if I can try both lasts.
post #1627 of 24886
does your local BB actually have EG in stock? Mine doesn't and told me I would have to purchase any pairs i was interested in and have them shipped to the store to try on. Not really great customer service...
post #1628 of 24886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post



Will let you know my friend. I'm looking to get Westministers on 888 last as well. Going to my local BB store and see if I can try both lasts.

 



I know for sure they have a few models on the 888 last (like a grogeous pair of slate captoe oxfords that have been tempting the heck out of me for a while). Hopefully they have something on the 82 for you to try as well. Be sure the chekc the widths - not every SA there understands that they come in different widths. ;-)
post #1629 of 24886
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post



Will let you know my friend. I'm looking to get Westministers on 888 last as well. Going to my local BB store and see if I can try both lasts.

 



I know for sure they have a few models on the 888 last (like a grogeous pair of slate captoe oxfords that have been tempting the heck out of me for a while). Hopefully they have something on the 82 for you to try as well. Be sure the chekc the widths - not every SA there understands that they come in different widths. ;-)

Will do Roger smile.gif Thanks for all your help once again.
post #1630 of 24886
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc121 View Post

does your local BB actually have EG in stock? Mine doesn't and told me I would have to purchase any pairs i was interested in and have them shipped to the store to try on. Not really great customer service...

When I was in the flagship store last year, they had at least 5 or 6 EG models.



Update:

Just tried 82 and 888 lasts. Size 8.5E UK fits me spot on. I'm size 9D on Brannock and wear the following:

Alden: Barrie and Trubalance in 8.5D, Plaza 9D (a bit snug), Grant 9D

Carmina: Rain 7.5UK, Inca 8UK, Simpson 8UK, Utetam 7.5UK

I wonder if I should take EG 202 in same size as 82 and 888. That's the only last I couldn't try.

82 last pic below:


Edited by Steel28 - 2/10/14 at 5:13pm
post #1631 of 24886

Nice - you're all sorted!

post #1632 of 24886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

It is of course frustrating for us that different people at EG are saying different things about the shearling. What I did last week was to ask the store manager at Jermyn Street. And he confirms what you are saying. I hope this sorts everything out. Sorry for the confusion earlier.

"The lining is around the ankle part of the boot, the easiest way to explain it is if you look at the attached picture the shearling is attached to the part of the boot in Mink suede only."
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Thanks for the confirmation Leaves though, not necessarily what I wanted to hear as I preferred your original version.

On another note someone mentioned that the Galway (82 Last, Dark Oak and Walnut Country Calf, Dainite Soles) was a stock model for you and thus does not incur MTO fees. Are there any other version of the Galway that's considered a stock model or is that the only one?
post #1633 of 24886

Patrik, do you have plans for G&G racing green Bramhall? Will definitely get one if in TG73 or MH71:slayer:

post #1634 of 24886
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

When I was in the flagship store last year, they had at least 5 or 6 EG models.

Update:

Just tried 82 and 888 lasts. Size 8.5E UK fits me spot on. I'm size 9D on Brannock and wear the following:

Alden: Barrie and Trubalance in 8.5D, Plaza 9D (a bit snug), Grant 9D

Carmina: Rain 7.5UK, Inca 8UK, Simpson 8UK, Utetam 7.5UK

I wonder if I should take EG 202 in same size as 82 and 888. That's the only last I couldn't try.

82 last pic below:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

202 fits a little wider and a hair shorter than 82 and 888. I use the same size for all three lasts but 82 and 888 fits more snug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

Thanks for the confirmation Leaves though, not necessarily what I wanted to hear as I preferred your original version.

On another note someone mentioned that the Galway (82 Last, Dark Oak and Walnut Country Calf, Dainite Soles) was a stock model for you and thus does not incur MTO fees. Are there any other version of the Galway that's considered a stock model or is that the only one?

That is correct. The Galway in Dark Oak and Walnut CC on Dainite is a "stock line" model and will not incur a surcharge. Galway in Dark Oak and Mink Suede on Dainite is also considered a stock line model for our shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by member2000r View Post

Patrik, do you have plans for G&G racing green Bramhall? Will definitely get one if in TG73 or MH71icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Nope, sorry. A little bit too extreme, our G&G clients usually go for more subtle make ups. smile.gif
post #1635 of 24886

I do also believe a perforated cap toe in midnight blue & 202 last by Edward Green will kill my wallet

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
  • Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread