@rydenfan, you killed it! I'm obviously smitten with the Galways but even not being a shoe guy, I'd definitely take a spin in those suede bluchers. They look so comfortable.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 1037post #15541 of 242848/3/15 at 4:17pmpost #15542 of 242848/3/15 at 4:17pmQuote:
Amen.Quote:Originally Posted by Darkside
Also, from my understanding, the purpose of having affiliate threads isn't just to praise them for when we're all happy. It is also an opportunity for constructive criticism and consumer feedback.
Otherwise the company would not have a realistic pulse on their customers from which they are to draw conclusions upon in case they are interested in improving, which I think a transparent and CS-oriented company like Skoak is. I don't think anybody is indicting Skoak here and we all understand that this is coming from the manufacturer's end.
I'd agree with you if we were discussing an unwelcome change in policy authored by Skoak - by all means praise when praise is due and deliver criticism where appropriate. But this is not Skoak policy. This is EG policy. I see NO BASIS WHATSOEVER for the suggestion that Skoak is fairly subject to any criticism in this case.post #15543 of 242848/3/15 at 4:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by heelguy
For those of us in the US, we were pretty lucky the last couple of years due to the strength in the dollar. This was not going to last forever. Skoak has been tremendous to work with. Moreover, it's not like we have a ton of alternatives here in the US for EG. While I may not like to have to pay $300+ more for the same pair of shoes, if I am going to buy EG, there is no other place I'd rather get them from.
P.S. Glad I was in on the Galway restock from earlier this year.
Skoak and another SF affiliate are my go to businesses for EG and Carmina. Both are outstanding.
Also, very happy submitting my Doak Galway stock pull order.post #15544 of 242848/3/15 at 5:03pmpost #15545 of 242848/3/15 at 5:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by smoothie1
I am a steadfast Edward Green fan. They are my dress shoe of choice. However, I have been around long enough to witness numerous policy and strategy changes--some disappointing-- at Green, e.g. dropping bespoke, severing relationships with solid retailers who did not meet volume targets, causing various customer service issues and problems, experiencing delays in deliveries, canceling the ability to submit GMTOs. I could go on.
I really like Leaves and Skoab's ability to deliver excellent customer service and unique makeups and materials from EG (and other makers). To me, this is what differentiates Skoab from other stores and where Skoab's value proposition lies. Yet, the fact that purchasing shoes from Skoab for export to the U.S. yields material price advantages (discounts) is also relevant and excellent. I viewed this price feature as an odd confluence of exchange rates, store policies, and customs/tax regimes. I never expected it to remain favorable indefinitely.
Thus, if changes occur, they're just part of the EG deal. Be patient and measured. Good things come to those who wait, and there will be good opportunities in the future.
I'm still thankful Skoak made Zug Galways and dark oak Willow Dovers a reality for me. That was valuable. Thank you. Keep up the good work.post #15546 of 242848/3/15 at 5:07pmQuote:
Both look great, but I'm Luving the Green!!! Very nice!!!!post #15547 of 242848/3/15 at 5:47pmpost #15548 of 242848/3/15 at 5:49pmpost #15549 of 242848/3/15 at 5:52pmpost #15550 of 242848/3/15 at 5:55pmpost #15551 of 242848/3/15 at 5:55pmpost #15552 of 242848/3/15 at 5:56pmpost #15553 of 242848/3/15 at 5:56pmpost #15554 of 242848/3/15 at 5:57pmpost #15555 of 242848/3/15 at 5:59pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Poor man's watch thread 10 seconds ago
- › Sherlock (TV Series) 42 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › DROP: Navy Mackintosh Dunoon Size Medium (size 40) 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Gray hair - suggestions for shampoo/conditioner 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Framed Vintage Advertisements 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...