or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 1022

post #15316 of 23850

 

363 MOD vs 804

post #15317 of 23850
did you take the same size in both?
post #15318 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post

I would do that exact shoe, down to the purple lining if necessary (I don't care what color the lining is). I guess we just need (at least) 3 more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightseason View Post


I'm in! So just need another two now.

@Darkside can you take over organizing this project sine it was your idea? I have my hands full with the Carmina chukkas project.
post #15319 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post



@Darkside can you take over organizing this project sine it was your idea? I have my hands full with the Carmina chukkas project.

 

PMed.

post #15320 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skell6009 View Post




363 MOD vs 804
Can you tell us the sizing for both vs your sizing for carmina plz.
post #15321 of 23850

I take 0.5 size down for 363 MOD to 804 for shoes mainly due to higher instep on 363 MOD causing heel slip. Boots I can take the same size but probably would size down 0.5 the next time.

 

363 MOD is definitely wider.

 

Edit:

363 MOD - 173 - 804 all in same size

 

post #15322 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarenceli View Post
 

I am wondering is there anyone else like me who has not receive their Bonafe MTO from January promotion?

 

I ordered 2 pairs. Skoak has received one & are waiting on the last pair.

post #15323 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarenceli View Post

I am wondering is there anyone else like me who has not receive their Bonafe MTO from January promotion?

I'm waiting for mine as well. I ordered at the last possible moment though. When did you order? We'll need to wait until the Bonafe factory re-opens in mid-August after their summer solstice. Timing kinda sucks though as I have a Thorpe pre-order scheduled to arrive in August as well. I was hoping to spread out the pain.
post #15324 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by wengxiah View Post
 


you mean 363MOD or really 346? because I don't get any result (apart from your post) if I search 346 in this and E.Bonafe thread. 

 

opps....Ofcourse 363MOD. I thought I remember the number, but evidently I don't))))

post #15325 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD83 View Post

did you take the same size in both?

Yes, 8 UK in both, but the 363 MOD is much roomier in the forefoot. I need to wear thicker socks with the 363 MOD boots.

 

I wear 8 UK in Carmina Rain. 804 fits very similarly to Rain, except 804 has a slightly higher instep.

post #15326 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightseason View Post


I'm in! So just need another two now.

I am also in for this, so just one more....
Come on people, you need that beautiful chocolate suede...
post #15327 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunberg View Post
 

 

opps....Ofcourse 363MOD. I thought I remember the number, but evidently I don't))))


i too think the 363mod looks a bit:embar:

especially on button boots  

but, if the welt could be trimmed closer, i believe i would then have different pov. 

 this is the place i am talking about

post #15328 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by wengxiah View Post
 


i too think the 363mod looks a bit:embar:

especially on button boots  

but, if the welt could be trimmed closer, i believe i would then have different pov. 

 this is the place i am talking about

 

 

I speak of button boots first of all also, as they suppose to be elegant. And this last seems .... made for jumper boots :D But I wonder.... May be they look another thing in person?.... As the matter with Vass F last. They do not look very elegant on pictures, but in real life they are beauty. When I have receaved my F Vass EO2, I decided to order another pair on F last shoes straight away. 

post #15329 of 23850
Thread Starter 
^^ I have to disagree in regards of the 363/363MOD last. It's a very well balanced and classic last and the button boot a very classic style, worn mostly up until the 40s-50s I believe. A too modern last would make it a bit flashy, but that's just my personal opinion.

The way Enzo Bonafè makes hand welted shoes, the sole is not cut super close to the vamp. Call it the house cut if you like. If you want a slimmer look then you should consider making them in Blake construction.
post #15330 of 23850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

^^ I have to disagree in regards of the 363/363MOD last. It's a very well balanced and classic last and the button boot a very classic style, worn mostly up until the 40s-50s I believe. A too modern last would make it a bit flashy, but that's just my personal opinion.

The way Enzo Bonafè makes hand welted shoes, the sole is not cut super close to the vamp. Call it the house cut if you like. If you want a slimmer look then you should consider making them in Blake construction.

 

 

They are definately well balanced... I only mean their widness and very round nose. 

 

But same time, may be it's a part of a balance. They are BUTTON boots and must have rather high instep too, otherwise they will have fit problems very often. 

 

I am not sure they would fit me even with their high instep. I can't lace up 100% on my 946 oxfords, small gap is present. And with buttons you can't leave gap  :lol:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
  • Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread