or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 1006

post #15076 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

The answer is your wife will divorce you when she finds out you are xxing the hot au pair.

But alls good as long as we get MOAR SHOES!!! LOL
post #15077 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

This maybe a dumb question but I keep hearing the word Delapre when referring to EG. Would love to know what type of leather or what exactly it is.
i have the EG Cardiff in Delapre. It's a very oily, fatty calf leather. It's quite soft and seems to have a little natural water resistance. I'm thinking of building up a boot this fall in Delapre or its hatch cousin Utah.
post #15078 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post

Those look awesome! Mine arrived as well. The wife sent me a pic of the box. And here I am out of town! Can't wait to get home and open it up!

post #15079 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post

Gents

The GMTO Polo Suede is off the Ground

For those of you who missed out on the Adelaides in polo suede, this is not a poor second choice.

Will be open until July 31.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/current-gmtos-and-pre-orders/products/gmto-deposit-carmina-semi-brogue-in-polo-suede



Thinking hard on this one.
post #15080 of 23837
You should do it. Staple makeup if you like suede.
post #15081 of 23837

Here is an actual photo of Polo Suede from Carmina's website. The color is rich, and versatile for Fall/Winter.

post #15082 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlynerdy View Post

Just heard my nightshade Dovers have arrived and are on their way to me. Never thought I liked split toes but this will make two of them in my closet, so I guess that's changed.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Much thanks to Gabriel who was helped me settle on nightshade as the color I wanted.
Love these. I need something in nightshade.
post #15083 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Love these. I need something in nightshade.


I would suggest a Dover, a Dover would look real nice.

 

Do you have a Dover yet?

post #15084 of 23837
I second what dddrees says
post #15085 of 23837
That would look pretty awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


I would suggest a Dover, a Dover would look real nice.

Do you have a Dover yet?
post #15086 of 23837
What shaft might pair well with nightshade on a Galway? Suggestions?
post #15087 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


I would suggest a Dover, a Dover would look real nice.

Do you have a Dover yet?

Why Dover but not Hove, JL/SC's Dovet equivalent, or other Dover style Norwegian split toes? I was Lookin at Dover but found Dover too elegant and dressy to be used like a real Dover. And Dover is GY/turn-in Welted instead of Norwegian/turn-out sewn/Welted thus making Dover less Dover.

Or you are suggesting nightshade is more suitable for Dover than other models while DAOK is the more popular Dover color?

I don't have a Dover yet. But I might consider a pair of Dover.
post #15088 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


Why Dover but not Hove, JL/SC's Dovet equivalent, or other Dover style Norwegian split toes? I was Lookin at Dover but found Dover too elegant and dressy to be used like a real Dover. And Dover is GY/turn-in Welted instead of Norwegian/turn-out sewn/Welted thus making Dover less Dover.

Or you are suggesting nightshade is more suitable for Dover than other models while DAOK is the more popular Dover color?

I don't have a Dover yet. But I might consider a pair of Dover.


I'm suggesting that because the only Dover @tifosi probably doesn't have is the one in nightshade.

 

Well, I think he has at least 20 of them any way.

 

Not that there's anything wrong with that. LOL

 

 

Sorry inside joke.

post #15089 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post

What shaft might pair well with nightshade on a Galway? Suggestions?
An all nightshade Galway on 82 actually crossed my mind.
post #15090 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

An all nightshade Galway on 82 actually crossed my mind.

With utility equivalent of a black kudu Chelsea Oxford with bellows tongue and beveled waist
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
  • Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread