or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 999

post #14971 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
 

Has @Skoaktiebolaget ever stocked GG's Antibes?
Love this design.

The G&G Antibes can be ordered as a stock pull from G&G own stock (since it is available on their web shop). That would be in Vintage Pine, Midnight Blue and Fox suede. Please e-mail for further questions regarding placing such an order.

post #14972 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

Leaves,

Do you have anything in the Llubi last in the works with carmina?

Yes, plenty. Will be announced later this summer.


Ohhhhhh Intriguing ........ I know the burgundy Chromexcel boot is in the works ....... what else I wonder?? I'm still not sure about the Llubi last , would love to see more real life pics.
post #14973 of 23840

So how about that GMTO in Brown Suede/Calf Balmoral Boot on Rain last? We also good to go on that or we need more?

 

Never owned a pair of boots from Carmina but if I'm 6.5UK Rain in an oxford, I should be the same in the Bal Boot right? Sorry for the silly question but would really like to confirm this haha.

 

Thanks again guys!

post #14974 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by dRm0j0 View Post

So how about that GMTO in Brown Suede/Calf Balmoral Boot on Rain last? We also good to go on that or we need more?

Never owned a pair of boots from Carmina but if I'm 6.5UK Rain in an oxford, I should be the same in the Bal Boot right? Sorry for the silly question but would really like to confirm this haha.

Thanks again guys!

Interested.
post #14975 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaktiebolaget View Post
 

The G&G Antibes can be ordered as a stock pull from G&G own stock (since it is available on their web shop). That would be in Vintage Pine, Midnight Blue and Fox suede. Please e-mail for further questions regarding placing such an order.

 

Could you remind me, can we get stock pulls in different widths than what is listed?

post #14976 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post
 

 

Could you remind me, can we get stock pulls in different widths than what is listed?

No, all specs has to be the same.

post #14977 of 23840

Finally got a chance to snap a few photos of the Galways that arrived a couple of days ago.  Was only able to briefly try them on and initial impression of fit is very good.  Major thanks to @tifosi, @rydenfan, and Gabriel for assistance with sizing.  There's a bit more heel slip than I expected but I'm okay with that as they're still new and it's a boot, not a shoe.  But definitely more heel slip than my Vibergs or Aldens.  The heel counters on the Galways seem to be quite narrow, meaning they don't come up nearly as much as my Vibergs, or even my Aldens.

 

The Utah leather is unbelievable, the nicest leather of any of my boots.  I wasn't expecting them to be only partially lined but am happily surprised by this.  Being unlined in the quarters/shaft, it feels like butter even on the first wear.  I'll post more photos and further impressions when I get a chance to wear them properly.

 

post #14978 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

Finally got a chance to snap a few photos of the Galways that arrived a couple of days ago.  Was only able to briefly try them on and initial impression of fit is very good.  Major thanks to @tifosi, @rydenfan, and Gabriel for assistance with sizing.  There's a bit more heel slip than I expected but I'm okay with that as they're still new and it's a boot, not a shoe.  But definitely more heel slip than my Vibergs or Aldens.  The heel counters on the Galways seem to be quite narrow, meaning they don't come up nearly as much as my Vibergs, or even my Aldens.

 

The Utah leather is unbelievable, the nicest leather of any of my boots.  I wasn't expecting them to be only partially lined but am happily surprised by this.  Being unlined in the quarters/shaft, it feels like butter even on the first wear.  I'll post more photos and further impressions when I get a chance to wear them properly.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

NOW they look like 64 last! They look incredible. Great makeup. 

 

Did you try them on with a healthy sock? With a makeup like that I assume that's how you'd be primarily wearing them, no?

post #14979 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

Finally got a chance to snap a few photos of the Galways that arrived a couple of days ago.  Was only able to briefly try them on and initial impression of fit is very good.  Major thanks to @tifosi
, @rydenfan
, and Gabriel for assistance with sizing.  There's a bit more heel slip than I expected but I'm okay with that as they're still new and it's a boot, not a shoe.  But definitely more heel slip than my Vibergs or Aldens.  The heel counters on the Galways seem to be quite narrow, meaning they don't come up nearly as much as my Vibergs, or even my Aldens.

The Utah leather is unbelievable, the nicest leather of any of my boots.  I wasn't expecting them to be only partially lined but am happily surprised by this.  Being unlined in the quarters/shaft, it feels like butter even on the first wear.  I'll post more photos and further impressions when I get a chance to wear them properly. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Congrats! Are the boots on double dainite? IME it takes forever for them to break in and heel slip will lessen once they do. I've avoided double dainite since though I do wish there was a 1.5 thickness one
post #14980 of 23840

^^If I may speak for BootSpell I believe they are Ridgeway sole. 

post #14981 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 

 

NOW they look like 64 last! They look incredible. Great makeup. 

 

Did you try them on with a healthy sock? With a makeup like that I assume that's how you'd be primarily wearing them, no?

 

Thanks, tif.  I don't think the heel slip is that they're too big --- the arch and toe box are perfect. I tried them on with medium thickness socks and it was perfect.  Not sure I'd be comfortable with really thick socks.

 

And as far as the original picture not looking like the 64 last, Gabriel did confirm that he had sent me the wrong picture.  Those were boots for someone else.  Mine don't have the purple inside trim that was shown.  Not sure if those were indeed on the 202 or not.

post #14982 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

Thanks, tif.  I don't think the heel slip is that they're too big --- the arch and toe box are perfect. I tried them on with medium thickness socks and it was perfect.  Not sure I'd be comfortable with really thick socks.

And as far as the original picture not looking like the 64 last, Gabriel did confirm that he had sent me the wrong picture.  Those were boots for someone else.  Mine don't have the purple inside trim that was shown.  Not sure if those were indeed on the 202 or not.
Ahhhhhhh that makes sense, now. Those boots were either 82 or 202. Now that I think about it....more likely 82.

Glad the boots fit well! Enjoy them!
post #14983 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


Congrats! Are the boots on double dainite? IME it takes forever for them to break in and heel slip will lessen once they do. I've avoided double dainite since though I do wish there was a 1.5 thickness one

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 

^^If I may speak for BootSpell I believe they are Ridgeway sole. 

 

Thanks, stevent.  It would be nice if the heel slip lessens once they've broken in some, but it's not really bothering me much.

 

These Galways are actually on Dainite.  I'm not sure what double Dainite really means.  All my boots that have Dainite soles have a leather midsole.  Does double Dainite mean an extra layer of rubber?  Or does it just mean the Dainite sole is extra thick?

post #14984 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

Finally got a chance to snap a few photos of the Galways that arrived a couple of days ago.  Was only able to briefly try them on and initial impression of fit is very good.  Major thanks to @tifosi
, @rydenfan
, and Gabriel for assistance with sizing.  There's a bit more heel slip than I expected but I'm okay with that as they're still new and it's a boot, not a shoe.  But definitely more heel slip than my Vibergs or Aldens.  The heel counters on the Galways seem to be quite narrow, meaning they don't come up nearly as much as my Vibergs, or even my Aldens.

The Utah leather is unbelievable, the nicest leather of any of my boots.  I wasn't expecting them to be only partially lined but am happily surprised by this.  Being unlined in the quarters/shaft, it feels like butter even on the first wear.  I'll post more photos and further impressions when I get a chance to wear them properly.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Damn! Enjoy them, they look perfect. I can't stop looking at my Rosewood CC Galways on 64 every day hehehe. I can only imagine how I'll feel once I receive my Galways in Doak/Walnut CC on 82 last.
post #14985 of 23840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post


Damn! Enjoy them, they look perfect. I can't stop looking at my Rosewood CC Galways on 64 every day hehehe. I can only imagine how I'll feel once I receive my Galways in Doak/Walnut CC on 82 last.

 

+1

although my rosewood CC 64 last galways run much hotter than any other boots I own (C&J, alden), and I haven't figured out why. hence they're restricted to winter wear only.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
  • Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread