or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 932

post #13966 of 23837

Beautiful.

post #13967 of 23837

hey PSA Canadian gents.

 

Was wondering why my second order from Skoak was still at CanPost. Looks like they actually dinged me the FULL amount for duties this round plus HST:eek:

Ouch on 2 prs, one for the wifey and me. Oh well, a least the savings from Skoak helped offset what it would have cost here.

 

Not sure if the've been cracking down overall, but when I used to order my bike parts from the UK, never got hit, maybe once out of 7-8 orders.

1/2 for shoes now. We'll see how the next order goes.

 

cheers

post #13968 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Excellent! Placed my order, thanks Leaves.
post #13969 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

That Reh chukka is outstanding. Very similar to what I had in mind if I had move forward. Bravo 

Thanks! I just haven't had a chance to get on here to post my pic of it yet. I figured that some people would guess it was for me though just by the length compared to others on here and the different last.
post #13970 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post


Thanks! I just haven't had a chance to get on here to post my pic of it yet. I figured that some people would guess it was for me though just by the length compared to others on here and the different last.


I ordered a pair also. They are now stuck in US Customs purgatory in New Jersey. Second out of three shipments from Skoak to suffer this fate. Not Skoak's fault. Apparently US Customs gets confused by Swedish Krona. Seriously, they appear not to be able to handle that there are lots of Krona to a dollar and just assume that 1Kr equals $1. Thus they wanted money from me. When I pointed our that the value of the package was in the ballpark of $250, that was no longer an issue. The other problem is that the package is addressed to my place of employment, a large consumer electronics company. Apparently, we have an import database for Customs use and shoes are not in it. That also required some explaining. Why this only happened with the two pair of Carminas I ordered and not with the Edward Greens, I have no idea.

 

As of this writing, with these issues explained/resolved, the shoes still have not cleared customs. Our tax dollars at work.

post #13971 of 23837

Does anyone have any extra pics of the Carmina Museum Calf Adelaide? Keen to take a look at it in a different light / actually being worn

 

Cheers

post #13972 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketot View Post

Does anyone have any extra pics of the Carmina Museum Calf Adelaide? Keen to take a look at it in a different light / actually being worn

Cheers
+ 1 & would love to know when the restock is coming in.
post #13973 of 23837
End of June/early July.
post #13974 of 23837

I just received the Shanklins and they are superb! 

 

What type of suede does EG uses? It feels different than the one Carmina uses.

post #13975 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

I just received the Shanklins and they are superb! 

What type of suede does EG uses? It feels different than the one Carmina uses.

I don't know that it's a different type per say as much as it is a better quality just like their calf is also a better quality leather. It's one of those perks you get for spending more money.
post #13976 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


I don't know that it's a different type per say as much as it is a better quality just like their calf is also a better quality leather. It's one of those perks you get for spending more money.


+1

post #13977 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by emidyl View Post
 

hey PSA Canadian gents.

 

Was wondering why my second order from Skoak was still at CanPost. Looks like they actually dinged me the FULL amount for duties this round plus HST:eek:

Ouch on 2 prs, one for the wifey and me. Oh well, a least the savings from Skoak helped offset what it would have cost here.

 

Not sure if the've been cracking down overall, but when I used to order my bike parts from the UK, never got hit, maybe once out of 7-8 orders.

1/2 for shoes now. We'll see how the next order goes.

 

cheers

 

My last order got hit, too.  But the previous several orders did not.  Can't say whether there has been a recent crackdown, but I'm still at around a 90% pass rate overall through Post and a 100% fail rate through couriers.

post #13978 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

 

My last order got hit, too.  But the previous several orders did not.  Can't say whether there has been a recent crackdown, but I'm still at around a 90% pass rate overall through Post and a 100% fail rate through couriers.

I'm wondering if it had to do with the order being 2 pairs? Last run was a single pr. We'll have to see in future orders as I've only used them twice so my sampling is small to say the least.

post #13979 of 23837
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

I think this may be the last of Bonafe January orders
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Claret Museum on 74945 last



Vitello Elise on 946G last



On also a pair of button boots in "stock colors" on 804 last you have already seen a few pages back.

I hope not. There's still no word on mine but I did order at the last second.
post #13980 of 23837

Still waiting too

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
  • Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread