That sounds fun. Even better if they could get Enzo to show up and do measurements for bespoke or something along those lines.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 808post #12106 of 244024/23/15 at 10:39ampost #12107 of 244024/23/15 at 1:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
There are different ways to provide a great fit. The best way, apart from actually being fitted in the shop, is to order a pair from our RTW collection after consulting us for fitting advice, and really wear them, for several weeks, and then decide if you need a personal last or not. If you decide the RTW sizing is not optimal, there are basically two options.
- The short term option is to add fitting pieces. While this will provide a better fit, this surcharge will apply every time you order a pair, as the fitting pieces will be added and then removed from the last for every order.
- The long term solution, and what we recommend, is to make a "personal customer last". This is a one time surcharge of 2800 SEK ex VAT (will apply to every last shape, so if you want one personal last for Classic and one for Chiseled, you need to pay the surcharge twice).
When we are going to need a modified or custom last due to extreme wide or narrow feet or large/small do we have to come to the store?
Can we meet at any trunk show and then order from you?
Also if we can't make a trunk show or visit you bit know around about what we would need based on fitting of other shoes you carry, can we send in measurements and drawings of our feet for them to us for the custom last or modified last?
What about the trial shoe option for a custom last? Are they still offering that and if so how much is that?post #12108 of 244024/23/15 at 2:12pmpost #12109 of 244024/23/15 at 2:20pmpost #12110 of 244024/23/15 at 2:21pmpost #12111 of 244024/23/15 at 2:56pmQuote:
I was just talking about Devil chukkas with tiffosi and rydenfan lol.
I'd rock Devils really hard but after I get double monk boots hehehehe.post #12112 of 244024/23/15 at 3:09pmpost #12113 of 244024/23/15 at 4:14pmpost #12114 of 244024/23/15 at 4:16pmpost #12115 of 244024/23/15 at 7:50pmQuote:
Only if they believe they have suffered a great enough or a significant enough loss in sales that they deem a correction or change of course is required in order to increase or maintain their profitability or their market share.
St. Crispins currently makes 1200 to 1500 shoes a year. If I remember correctly Edward Green makes about 2500 shoes a month. If my memory and math is correct St Crispins has a bit to go before they would even be noticed by EG and G&G. Its not impossible but they do have their work cut out for them,.post #12116 of 244024/23/15 at 8:07pmpost #12117 of 244024/23/15 at 8:50pmQuote:
They may need to start increasing production as they increase retailers selling their shoes. Skoak makes the fourth online retailer I am aware if offering their shoes.post #12118 of 244024/23/15 at 11:17pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Ergaomnes
Yup, I guess that was me. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It wasn't a "lucky guess" though. I figured the swatches in your photo held together with the same kind of string as I've seen on StC swatches before:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Soooo, is there a price for the one who "cracked the code"? Maybe a pair of StC's?
That was impressive, because you could barely see the swatches! I do have a gift for you, if you make it to Stockholm I'll buy you several rounds of Vodka shots!Quote:
There are variations, please email us for fitting advise.
I do not actually know, but looking at other brands I would say about +75%-100%.Quote:Originally Posted by diadem
Does anyone have any experience ordering StC's on a customized last through a different retailer? Like, for example, StC has a trunk show here in NYC and I get fitted for a customized last by Philipp and order a pair of shoes. Can I then place an order through Skoak using the customized last I was fitted for in NYC? Skoak's pricing is just too good.
Ideally, I'd just get measured in NYC without placing an order, just pay the fee for the custom last through whatever retailer the trunk show is at, and then place all my orders through Skoak, but I'm sure this is prohibited and totally in poor taste.
I strongly recommend that you order from the retailer that takes the time to do a fitting with you, especially if it's a trunk show, because retailers often share the travel expenses for trunk shows. .I understand that some US retailers now have very high margins because of the strong dollar, and IMO they should compensate their clients for this, but that's a different discussion.Quote:
We will be able to send you pairs to try on, this is for free because we offer free shipping for orders over 8000 SEK, but return shipping will be client's responsibility. We should be abvle to take it from there, or through email but of course, an in store fitting is always to be preferred.post #12119 of 244024/23/15 at 11:30pmpost #12120 of 244024/24/15 at 12:29amThread Starter
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › 10D C&J for Polo "Marlow" Brown Shell Cordovan Tassel Loafers 52 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › 10D C&J for Polo "Marlow" Brown Shell Cordovan Penny Loafers 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...