They are about the same although IMO the U-wing looks a little more elegant.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 10/30/14 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 3/22/15 at 3:31pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 3/31/15 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Chestnut Chelseas 202 Last 10.5/11e 202 SECONDS Last post on 2/7/15 at 2:18pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 62
Styleforum Top Picks
I read that as well...hopefully Carmina's finish holds up to some polish. I'm in the Ep. MTO order for the hatchgrain Soller chukka and hope to darken the finish with some dark brown creme/wax.
Good question. I was victimized by the bad leather on a pair of Chukkas from AS. The color came off when I polished the shoes.
Yeah, not Skoaks fault, but still a bit disappointing on Carminas end given we heard the news when we should have been receiving the shoes...
I'm sure that if the peeps at Skoak knew exactly how long it will be delayed, they'd be happy to tell you. I understand the frustration - I'd feel it too. I'm just not sure they can do more than tell you what they have been told.
Leaves or Gabriel,
A question about the new color of this shoe Carmina model 80249. Would you say that it is similar to the Edward Green Almond or Chestnut country calf? Or neither? I'm just trying to get a better feel for the color of this shoe, it can be tricky looking at the computer monitor. Thanks.
^^^ I can't answer your question, but I can say that on my monitor the colour looks gorgeous. From multiple purchases, I have found Skoak's photos to be very true renditions in terms of colour. In each instance I got exactly what I thought I was getting in terms of colour. But of course, I can't see what you are seeing on your monitor.
I'm also curious about the state of this Rain Dark Cognac Wingtip Boot group MTO.
Did we miss it or has the shell shortage held things up?
Would anyone be willing to go to a dark chromexcel as a substitute? (UniPair has a great example of what this would look like but I seem to recall their boot was on a leather sole. I'll have to confirm.)
Edit: I was wrong, their boot is a half-and-half sole.
Edited by Notreknip - 11/4/13 at 7:42pm
- Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 48 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › What would you like to see from Pitti Uomo 88? 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Disney Buys Lucasfilm For $4 Billion! STAR WARS EPISODE VII... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...