Very nice! Great selection, Leaves.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 10/30/14 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Marketplace
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 49post #721 of 1553110/7/13 at 6:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #722 of 1553110/7/13 at 6:51ampost #723 of 1553110/7/13 at 8:54ampost #724 of 1553110/7/13 at 8:58amQuote:Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson
This is because Horween has had real problems with dying their hatch grain, and yet haven't round a solution that make the color stay when being scratched or treated. Actually Gaziano & Girling strip all of their hatch grain leather down completely, and then redo the coloring themselves. They could basically order the hatch grain in just one color. This is probably why Leaves find the G&G hatch grain looking so different from Carminas.
That's interesting, can you tell me what you learned?
I see. Well you get what you paid for. I was very disappointed with both AS and Pediwear. Pediwear did not believe me and claimed that this was very unlikely to happen as the shoes would have been inspected first at the factory and then by Pediwear before the shipment. This clearly did not happen. I am putting my hatch grain purchases on hold for the time being. Right now I am interested more in pin grain or alpine grain colors.post #725 of 1553110/7/13 at 10:37ampost #726 of 1553110/7/13 at 11:11ampost #727 of 1553110/7/13 at 11:12ampost #728 of 1553110/7/13 at 11:36ampost #729 of 1553110/7/13 at 11:38amThread StarterQuote:
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make sure to send you some sample pics of cognac colored leathers. Bonafé has some really nice choices (and many) when it comes to picking the color.Quote:Quote:
Thanks for all the positive feedback, really appreciate it guys. I think a good fitting guide would help propel the brand here on SF, IMO Bonafé has huge potential.Quote:
These were unfortunately delayed (or led astray rather) by UPS and arrived only this afternoon, I will try to post pictures of these during Tuesday or Wednesday.post #730 of 1553110/7/13 at 11:47ampost #731 of 1553110/7/13 at 2:38pmpost #732 of 1553110/8/13 at 12:12ampost #733 of 1553110/8/13 at 2:10ampost #734 of 1553110/8/13 at 2:20amQuote:
Problem is that timing is awful now, too many expenses (and I just picked up that Carmina MTO). :( So, I'm not able to participate right now, maybe next month but then my Galway MTO arrives. Gah.post #735 of 1553110/8/13 at 2:46amThread StarterEnzo Bonafé fitting guide
As promised, here is a short fitting guide for Enzo Bonafé, I hope this helps. Of course, you can always e-mail us for further fitting advise at email@example.com.
Enzo Bonafé 363 last (round classic last)
This last fits similar to Carmina Forest although it has a higher instep and a tighter toebox. A high instep would be ideal for a good fit.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Forest but keep in mind that the instep is high.
Enzo Bonafé 2102 last (soft square last)
This last fits similar to Carmina Rain. It has a generous instep and the toebox is roomier than on the 363.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Rain.
Enzo Bonafé 946 last (chiseled last)
This last fits very similar to Carmina Rain in almost every regard. Just like the Carmina Rain, it is a generous last.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Rain.
For reference, this is what me and my store manager wears:
Carmina Rain: UK 11
Carmina Forest: UK 11.5
Carmina Simpson: UK 11.5
Edward Green: UK 11.5 F (82, 888, 606)
Gaziano & Girling: UK 11.5 F (all lasts except TG73)
Enzo Bonafé 363: UK 11.5
Enzo Bonafé 2102: UK 11
Enzo Bonafé 946: UK 11
Carmina Rain: UK 8.5
Carmina Forest: UK 9
Carmina Simpson: UK 9.5
Edward Green: UK 9.5E (82)
Edward Green: UK 9E (888 and 202)
Gaziano & Girling: UK 9.5 F (all lasts)
Enzo Bonafé 363: UK 9
Enzo Bonafé 2102: UK 8.5
Enzo Bonafé 946: UK 8.5
- Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's - Official Affiliate Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1778 Active Users (383 Members and 1395 Guests)
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 9 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 28 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › No Brogue or Semi Brogue for Interview 2 minutes ago
- › RULES for the tall and skinny man 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Should I buy a full canvassed suit for the sole reason that I don't... 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...