The Galway is only made on the 82 and 64 lasts and (I think) the 202 last. 888 is not an option I'm afraid. The Nevis boot is similar and can be done on 888.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 10/30/14 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Marketplace
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 5post #61 of 153633/7/13 at 8:42am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62 of 153633/7/13 at 9:18ampost #63 of 153633/7/13 at 9:41amQuote:
EG seem to have changed their MTO policy in the past year or so. There have been models we have asked for on different lasts and they simply say no. It seems now they prefer to keep the shape of the toe intact - usually a 202 can be made on 82 but not on 888 for example. The Top Drawer program is more flexible but only allows for single leather soles.post #64 of 153633/7/13 at 9:46ampost #65 of 153633/8/13 at 1:03amThread StarterQuote:
I just spoke to Edward Green and they strongly recommend that we do the Galway on either the 82 or 64 last. As Earnest suggests, EG have started to by very particular which lasts they make up their models in, it seems they were more flexible a few years back.
I have forwarded the question a bit higher up in the EG command chain and I hope to receive an answer by the end of next week.post #66 of 153633/8/13 at 3:54ampost #67 of 153633/8/13 at 4:32ampost #68 of 153633/8/13 at 4:50amThread StarterQuote:
We're going to phase out the York soles because they posed a bit of a problem in production. For this fall we will use three different soles for our rubber soled Carmina shoes and that's the good ol' fashioned Dainite, Commando soles and a sole called Tomir and this is similar to the York but more dressy.
Tomir sole:post #69 of 153633/8/13 at 5:51ampost #70 of 153633/8/13 at 10:11ampost #71 of 153633/8/13 at 11:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I have a loafer MTO with Tomir soles inbound, and I was hoping to break the news to the forum once they arrive... but you beat me to the punch!
Out of curiosity, what was the issue with York soles? They always struck me as too bulky for anything but boots.post #72 of 153633/8/13 at 1:39pmpost #73 of 153633/8/13 at 2:06pmpost #74 of 153633/8/13 at 2:56pmpost #75 of 153633/8/13 at 3:31pm
- Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's - Official Affiliate Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Ambrosi Napoli 1 second ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › Decent tailor in Tucson? 5 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 15 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 21 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 25 minutes ago
- › PROXY FOR SUITSUPPLY FROM EUROPE TO WORLDWIDE 27 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 30 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...