They are about the same although IMO the U-wing looks a little more elegant.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- LeatherFoot: Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 1/12/15 at 12:43pm in Classic Menswear
- G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester Last post on 9/21/14 at 8:16am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 62
Styleforum Top Picks
I read that as well...hopefully Carmina's finish holds up to some polish. I'm in the Ep. MTO order for the hatchgrain Soller chukka and hope to darken the finish with some dark brown creme/wax.
Good question. I was victimized by the bad leather on a pair of Chukkas from AS. The color came off when I polished the shoes.
Yeah, not Skoaks fault, but still a bit disappointing on Carminas end given we heard the news when we should have been receiving the shoes...
I'm sure that if the peeps at Skoak knew exactly how long it will be delayed, they'd be happy to tell you. I understand the frustration - I'd feel it too. I'm just not sure they can do more than tell you what they have been told.
Leaves or Gabriel,
A question about the new color of this shoe Carmina model 80249. Would you say that it is similar to the Edward Green Almond or Chestnut country calf? Or neither? I'm just trying to get a better feel for the color of this shoe, it can be tricky looking at the computer monitor. Thanks.
^^^ I can't answer your question, but I can say that on my monitor the colour looks gorgeous. From multiple purchases, I have found Skoak's photos to be very true renditions in terms of colour. In each instance I got exactly what I thought I was getting in terms of colour. But of course, I can't see what you are seeing on your monitor.
I'm also curious about the state of this Rain Dark Cognac Wingtip Boot group MTO.
Did we miss it or has the shell shortage held things up?
Would anyone be willing to go to a dark chromexcel as a substitute? (UniPair has a great example of what this would look like but I seem to recall their boot was on a leather sole. I'll have to confirm.)
Edit: I was wrong, their boot is a half-and-half sole.
Edited by Notreknip - 11/4/13 at 7:42pm
- Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 9 seconds ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 2 minutes ago
- › MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 13 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays