They are about the same although IMO the U-wing looks a little more elegant.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester Last post on 7/5/14 at 10:11am in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 10/25/12 at 9:53pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 8/7/14 at 11:04am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 62
Styleforum Top Picks
I read that as well...hopefully Carmina's finish holds up to some polish. I'm in the Ep. MTO order for the hatchgrain Soller chukka and hope to darken the finish with some dark brown creme/wax.
Good question. I was victimized by the bad leather on a pair of Chukkas from AS. The color came off when I polished the shoes.
Yeah, not Skoaks fault, but still a bit disappointing on Carminas end given we heard the news when we should have been receiving the shoes...
I'm sure that if the peeps at Skoak knew exactly how long it will be delayed, they'd be happy to tell you. I understand the frustration - I'd feel it too. I'm just not sure they can do more than tell you what they have been told.
Leaves or Gabriel,
A question about the new color of this shoe Carmina model 80249. Would you say that it is similar to the Edward Green Almond or Chestnut country calf? Or neither? I'm just trying to get a better feel for the color of this shoe, it can be tricky looking at the computer monitor. Thanks.
^^^ I can't answer your question, but I can say that on my monitor the colour looks gorgeous. From multiple purchases, I have found Skoak's photos to be very true renditions in terms of colour. In each instance I got exactly what I thought I was getting in terms of colour. But of course, I can't see what you are seeing on your monitor.
I'm also curious about the state of this Rain Dark Cognac Wingtip Boot group MTO.
Did we miss it or has the shell shortage held things up?
Would anyone be willing to go to a dark chromexcel as a substitute? (UniPair has a great example of what this would look like but I seem to recall their boot was on a leather sole. I'll have to confirm.)
Edit: I was wrong, their boot is a half-and-half sole.
Edited by Notreknip - 11/4/13 at 7:42pm
- Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › MC General Chat 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 15 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 20 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 20 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 23 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)