or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 61

post #901 of 4713
dlm those are a pair of Galway 2's from what they said under the caption but I think its the same as the Galway just with a modification of wingtip as opposed to captoe.

Color wise thinking of going with berry suede with a medium brown to light brown calf bottom. Think 49ers colors
post #902 of 4713
^ ah yeah i thought they looked like galways with a modded toe. that could be a tempting makeup, would love to see some photoshop fu if anyone's good with that

would you keep the wing and/or medallion?
post #903 of 4713
I am open to anything really. Calling all photo shop experts!!!
post #904 of 4713
ya i have been thinking about galways for a while, and would be up for a pretty wide range of combos too. whats the general turnaround time at EG these days, 4-5 months?
post #905 of 4713

Would anybody be interested in this model on the RAIN last with Tomir leather/rubber combination dress sole?

 

Color Vegano brown 

 

Pictured in burgundy below. Picture in the middle is the Tomir sole - feels like a leather sole. And at last the shoes worn by spoo on the simpson last which is a narrow last.

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

 

post #906 of 4713
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm4114 View Post

ya i have been thinking about galways for a while, and would be up for a pretty wide range of combos too. whats the general turnaround time at EG these days, 4-5 months?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I am open to anything really. Calling all photo shop experts!!!

Are you guys sold on suede (not a suede person)? Was thinking of a pebble in burgundy or nightshade? Edwardian would be a nice gold-ish color for the uppers. smile.gif

stitched cap, brass eyelet/speedhooks, flat welt, H/A/F soles or double leather!

Thoughts?
post #907 of 4713
Is there an update on the dark cognac cordovan jumper boot?
post #908 of 4713
i kinda like the idea of suede, but i'm not permanently wedded to it... if not suede i'd definitely want a pebble/scotch. edwardian is a sharp choice for the lighter brown/gold, agreed there. i also like nightshade, but would wanna see a photoshop if possible before puling the trigger. 82 last?
post #909 of 4713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


I'm all for a new Galway GMTO. I was hoping someone would get the ball rolling on this. Only problem is that there are sooooo many nice combinations it's hard to chose one and stick with it.

Edwardian/Grain?


DOAK/Walnut Grain re-run?


Cloud/Black Suede?


Rosewood Country Calf?


Almond Country Calf?

 

I think a Bauxite/Rosewood Country Calf combo would work well too.:) 

post #910 of 4713
that cloud looks fantastic, leaves. is that an MTO you guys did?
post #911 of 4713
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaier View Post
 

Hey All--

 

Patrik would like to get the final list of participants for the rain last shortwing boot by 10/25.  Let's get the details finalized this week so he can provide pricing.  Here are the details that have been floating around:

 

Shortwing open laced boot

Rain Last

Dark cognac shell cordovan

4 eyelets & 4 speed hooks

Dainite sole

Closed welt

 

Strong interest:

 

stmaier

noroi

namor

ryderfan

andrel42

chimaki

 

Possible interest:

 

cuttingboard

journeyman

joiji

mr. six

alan k c

Has this been closed yet?  I might be interested in joining.

post #912 of 4713
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post


Are you guys sold on suede (not a suede person)? Was thinking of a pebble in burgundy or nightshade? Edwardian would be a nice gold-ish color for the uppers. smile.gif

stitched cap, brass eyelet/speedhooks, flat welt, H/A/F soles or double leather!

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm4114 View Post

i kinda like the idea of suede, but i'm not permanently wedded to it... if not suede i'd definitely want a pebble/scotch. edwardian is a sharp choice for the lighter brown/gold, agreed there. i also like nightshade, but would wanna see a photoshop if possible before puling the trigger. 82 last?

Due to my unfamiliarity with EG colors I do need to see what the colors look like to make an accurate comparison.

I am open to suede, pebble, flat leather, or cordovan.

I just want a badass boot.
post #913 of 4713
Thread Starter 
X-post from the Carmina Thread:

Some new stock just in.

Navy Shell Chukka (pre-order run but still some stock left):


Carmina U-wing, made by Don José especially for Skoaktiebolaget:


Carmina Chukka in Horween Hatch Grain:


We also got some nice staple models back in stock:



post #914 of 4713
All this navy shell floating around the forum of late is killin' me!
post #915 of 4713

Great additions!  Quick question - which is more formal, a full wingtip or a u-wing?  I was about to pull the trigger on the 922 but then saw the new u-wing.  Argh! ;o)

 

Thanks for your help!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread