or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 56

post #826 of 4666
I think that looks great.What is the exact name of the 2nd swatch from the left Leaves in your picture of leather swatches?i think it will look fantastic
post #827 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by barky View Post


Patrick, may I know the colors of the swatch and their equivalent to EG/G&G colours ?


Yes indeed this would be very helpful.
post #828 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by niklasnordin View Post

So I went to the store today to pickup the bonafe suede chukkas and to whoever snagged the size 7....censored.gif

So now I need to come up with another pair and after some thought
I'm going to do an MTO for a pair of G&G through skoaktiebolaget.

Since Im not in a great hurry I thought I would check here first so see if someone else might be
interested in joining me.
However, since I dont want to wait forever either I will put a final date for the whole thing,
which will be friday november 22nd.

if we dont get 6 people by that time and you dont want to proceed with purchasing the shoes with the added MTO cost,
that is fine I will go ahead and order them anyway smile.gif
So if you are interested in joining in, please contact me.

the specs will be these, but if someone has a better idea, im still open for suggestions.

Gaziano & Girling Arran
Not sure if its Oak hatch grain or if its brown hatch grain, cause I think its a tad lighter than oak
anyway, its the shoes below and I saw that Nick from from bespoke england had used it.
Last: MH71
Width: E
Sole: Wensum (or Dainite if a majority prefer this)
Details: Black stitching/lining/lacing with only 2 eyelets instead of the normal 3.
price: Gabriel/Patrik help please.

So the shoe/last will look like this.





But the coloring will/should be very similar to this


http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/515395/a/337981/gaziano-girling-appreciation-shoo-porn-theard/


Still not 100% sure that these all of these details are possible, but G&G are usually pretty flexible,
so I hope there wont be any problems.
I also dont know the price for these, but Gabriel or Patrik might help me here smile.gif

I imagine it will look something like this
http://www.styleforum.net/t/338047/skoaktiebolaget-carmina-eg-gg-bonafe-official-affiliate-thread/660_10#post_6633563
but with black details

Does it have to be 2 eyelets? I would prefer 3.
Does it have to be hatch grain? How about brown alpine grain/
I am open to any type of sole.
post #829 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaier View Post

Hey All--

Patrik would like to get the final list of participants for the rain last shortwing boot by 10/25.  Let's get the details finalized this week so he can provide pricing.  Here are the details that have been floating around:

Shortwing open laced boot
Rain Last
Dark cognac shell cordovan
4 eyelets & 4 speed hooks
Dainite sole
Closed welt

Strong interest:

stmaier
noroi
namor
ryderfan
andrel42
chimaki

Possible interest:

cuttingboard
journeyman
joiji
mr. six
alan k c

I am going to let NAMOR take the lead on the above boot as I think it is now going to be a u-cap design instead of the shortwing.
post #830 of 4666
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by niklasnordin View Post

So I went to the store today to pickup the bonafe suede chukkas and to whoever snagged the size 7....censored.gif

So now I need to come up with another pair and after some thought
I'm going to do an MTO for a pair of G&G through skoaktiebolaget.

Since Im not in a great hurry I thought I would check here first so see if someone else might be
interested in joining me.
However, since I dont want to wait forever either I will put a final date for the whole thing,
which will be friday november 22nd.

if we dont get 6 people by that time and you dont want to proceed with purchasing the shoes with the added MTO cost,
that is fine I will go ahead and order them anyway smile.gif
So if you are interested in joining in, please contact me.

the specs will be these, but if someone has a better idea, im still open for suggestions.

Gaziano & Girling Arran
Not sure if its Oak hatch grain or if its brown hatch grain, cause I think its a tad lighter than oak
anyway, its the shoes below and I saw that Nick from from bespoke england had used it.
Last: MH71
Width: E
Sole: Wensum (or Dainite if a majority prefer this)
Details: Black stitching/lining/lacing with only 2 eyelets instead of the normal 3.
price: Gabriel/Patrik help please.

So the shoe/last will look like this.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



But the coloring will/should be very similar to this Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Still not 100% sure that these all of these details are possible, but G&G are usually pretty flexible,
so I hope there wont be any problems.
I also dont know the price for these, but Gabriel or Patrik might help me here smile.gif

I imagine it will look something like this
http://www.styleforum.net/t/338047/skoaktiebolaget-carmina-eg-gg-bonafe-official-affiliate-thread/660_10#post_6633563
but with black details

Price for this mode as a Group MTO is 7900 SEK (6320 ex VAT)
Price for this model as a MTO is 9300 SEK (7440 ex VAT)
post #831 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


Does it have to be 2 eyelets? I would prefer 3.
Does it have to be hatch grain? How about brown alpine grain/
I am open to any type of sole.

2 or 3 eyelets doesnt matter much to me.

yes it has to be hatch grain

post #832 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Price for this mode as a Group MTO is 7900 SEK (6320 ex VAT)
Price for this model as a MTO is 9300 SEK (7440 ex VAT)

thank you maestro :)

post #833 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

 

Patrick, agree it looks dated but I am sure Bonafe has since upped his game based on the few new models you showed.  Anyways, just want to point out the design cues on Delos' shoes, which IMHO makes it what it is, which I hope Sr. Bonafe can make for us :

 

 

 

 

First, the brogued facing is wider at the base and then, in a nice round curve up to the narrower part at the top.  Most makers, like the Bonafe above, make it too narrow and/or the curve is more abrupt/angular and therefore loses the elegantness.  G&G does this very well too, like the Walkton below shows, see how much wider the bottom part of the facing and the nice curve :

 

 

Below are examples of not so elegant/unbalanced adelaides :

 

too narrow

 

too angular

 

Second, it must have a peak heel counter and notice how the counter ends outside of the heels rather than the usual inside.  It gives the counter a certain flourish and anchor the shoe which has a plain front.

 

 

Third, the back of the heel design is different from most, which, together with the medallion, I hope can be replicated :

 

Hope this is not too much trouble for Sr Bonafe :embar:.    

 

A recent G&G Walkton MTO by Nick comes close to what I had in mind but notice the heel counter, which will look too small if the wingtip is not there.  If the color we chose is the close to the G&G, I would be a very happy man :).

 

 

 

post #834 of 4666
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by barky View Post

Patrick, agree it looks dated but I am sure Bonafe has since upped his game based on the few new models you showed.  Anyways, just want to point out the design cues on Delos' shoes, which IMHO makes it what it is, which I hope Sr. Bonafe can make for us :
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







First, the brogued facing is wider at the base and then, in a nice round curve up to the narrower part at the top.  Most makers, like the Bonafe above, make it too narrow and/or the curve is more abrupt/angular and therefore loses the elegantness.  G&G does this very well too, like the Walkton below shows, see how much wider the bottom part of the facing and the nice curve :




Below are examples of not so elegant/unbalanced adelaides :

too narrow



too angular



Second, it must have a peak heel counter and notice how the counter ends outside of the heels rather than the usual inside.  It gives the counter a certain flourish and anchor the shoe which has a plain front.




Third, the back of the heel design is different from most, which, together with the medallion, I hope can be replicated :



Hope this is not too much trouble for Sr Bonafe shog%5B1%5D.gif.    

A recent G&G Walkton MTO by Nick comes close to what I had in mind but notice the heel counter, which will look too small if the wingtip is not there.  If the color we chose is the close to the G&G, I would be a very happy man smile.gif .







It's too much to ask him to copy Delos' design completely. Bonafé has been very accommodating with us this far and if I've provided a picture from another designer he's just said "oh that looks just like our model XXX", and we've produced a similar design, but not copied it outright.
post #835 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by barky View Post
 

 

There are no actual shoes.  The MTO will be a copy of the adelaide below :

 

 

but on Bonafe's chiselled last as per the shoe below

 

 

If you are in, the MTO will be on.

 

Patrick, may I know the colors of the swatch and their equivalent to EG/G&G colours ?

Hi guys, 

 

Bonafe's names on the above swatches is (from left to right):

1. Vitello Etrusco

2. Vitello Bergeronette

3. Vitello Giamaica

4. Vitello Elise

post #836 of 4666
Thread Starter 
post #837 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielOB View Post
 

Hi guys, 

 

Bonafe's names on the above swatches is (from left to right):

1. Vitello Etrusco

2. Vitello Bergeronette

3. Vitello Giamaica

4. Vitello Elise

If one would compare these color swatches from Enzo Bonafé to Edward Green's colors, to find the colors matching each other in the best possible way. That would look like the below:

 

1. Vitello Etrusco - Edward Green Dark Oak 

2. Vitello Bergeronette - Edward Green Burnt Pine (but with a slightly darker touch)

3. Vitello Giamaica - Edward Green Chestnut

4. Vitello Elise - Edward Green Acorn

post #838 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielOB View Post

If one would compare these color swatches from Enzo Bonafé to Edward Green's colors, to find the colors matching each other in the best possible way. That would look like the below:

1. Vitello Etrusco - Edward Green Dark Oak 
2. Vitello Bergeronette - Edward Green Burnt Pine (but with a slightly darker touch)
3. Vitello Giamaica - Edward Green Chestnut
4. Vitello Elise - Edward Green Acorn

If anybody is interested in MTO make up in this color please let me know.
post #839 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


It's too much to ask him to copy Delos' design completely. Bonafé has been very accommodating with us this far and if I've provided a picture from another designer he's just said "oh that looks just like our model XXX", and we've produced a similar design, but not copied it outright.

 

I fully understand that. I found some old pics of one of Bonafe's adelaide and I am fine if this is his normal adelaide shape (without the swoosh at the back but with serrated edge).  However, I would like a peaked heel counter, it can be without the back detail (something like G&G St James II is fine).  This would be a deal breaker for me if it cannot be done.

 

tumblr_lmez9dfpNV1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

 

2ic6uxg.jpg

post #840 of 4666
Quote:
Originally Posted by barky View Post

2ic6uxg.jpg

Not very nice style IMO = the stitching on the counter. The front toecap is great. Heel counters are better free of brogueing IMO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread