The Galway is only made on the 82 and 64 lasts and (I think) the 202 last. 888 is not an option I'm afraid. The Nevis boot is similar and can be done on 888.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester Last post on 7/5/14 at 10:11am in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 10/25/12 at 9:53pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 8/7/14 at 11:04am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 5
Styleforum Top Picks
EG seem to have changed their MTO policy in the past year or so. There have been models we have asked for on different lasts and they simply say no. It seems now they prefer to keep the shape of the toe intact - usually a 202 can be made on 82 but not on 888 for example. The Top Drawer program is more flexible but only allows for single leather soles.
I just spoke to Edward Green and they strongly recommend that we do the Galway on either the 82 or 64 last. As Earnest suggests, EG have started to by very particular which lasts they make up their models in, it seems they were more flexible a few years back.
I have forwarded the question a bit higher up in the EG command chain and I hope to receive an answer by the end of next week.
We're going to phase out the York soles because they posed a bit of a problem in production. For this fall we will use three different soles for our rubber soled Carmina shoes and that's the good ol' fashioned Dainite, Commando soles and a sole called Tomir and this is similar to the York but more dressy.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I have a loafer MTO with Tomir soles inbound, and I was hoping to break the news to the forum once they arrive... but you beat me to the punch!
Out of curiosity, what was the issue with York soles? They always struck me as too bulky for anything but boots.
- Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Harlech MTO - Whiskey Cordovan - UPDATE 09/25/13 5 minutes ago
- › Floral Challenge - VOTING THREAD - please vote by 31st August 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 16 minutes ago
- › Coach brown pebbled leather loafers 10.5 19 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 22 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review 29 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 30 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 40 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)