or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 226

post #3376 of 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by iznljca View Post

New house slippers just arrived, straight from Skoak. Thanks very much Patrik and Gabriel for all your advice and fantastic customer service. These are jumper boots, black horse's ass, model 80814, size 9 on Oscar last. Soft as cashmere and tough as nails. Go figure.




How come these look different to the ones pictured on the site?
post #3377 of 4381
^ Because he did not order the boots shown on the site. These are likely macde to order.
post #3378 of 4381
Ok...... sorry....... misunderstanding. Look great.
post #3379 of 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolina View Post

Just received Carmina GMTO winter boots, thanks guys from the Skoaktiebolaget.

Anybody else got his pair? Want to know opinion, cause having troubles to express mine. I would say Carmina did their job on 3+ from 5 possible and that's why:

First impression was good. Really love the leather on the vamps and toes, the color, the welt.
The fur is strange, my teddy bear 40 years ago had the same. Better than on Gallways, much worse than on Santonis. Hope it's warm.

Then noticed the tough shafts. No, the appearance is good, i would say reminds me llama leather, but only till you touch it.
Being soft on the vamp and toes, the leather on the shafts feels like plastic. 
I wonder why the leather there is different, was that the idea?
Is this the result of those problems with the grained leather supply? Let's see how it will age, can't wear it for another 4-5 months.

Fit is strange, definitely my size, good width, but a lot of space above the foot in the vamp plus unexpectedly low instep.
Look on the pics below, I got he NST boots on the Soller in the same size, and nothing similar. Don't believe this is because of suede on NST.

Anyway, these are good winter boots, not as warm or refined as my winter Santonis, but less expensive anyway.





  More (Click to show)








Details (Click to show)









Grained leather on Brekons (left) and Carminas



Fit (Click to show)
Spacey vamps



These folds on the instep remaining doesn't matter do I stay or sit.



Compare with NST boots on the Soller.


I received my boots too. I decided to keep them despite the victory soles.
My observations about the fit are the same. Definitely roomy in the toe area but very low instep. I do not know why is this but maybe this will stretch since this is derby boot and there is no stitching across this area. Length and width wise they are fine, I took the same size as the Rain last but these boots definitely feel very tight.
Maybe this is due to the Carmina compensating for the fur lining?
The leather feels stiff. We will see how they hold up. Soller is definitely good looking boot last.
post #3380 of 4381
First time doing business with Skoaktiebolaget and beyond thrilled. Huge thanks to Gabriel for the stellar customer service! I probably emailed him 15x, and he thoroughly and promptly responded to each one.

Enzo Bonafe "burgundy beauties" and Carmina tobacco suede chukkas. My first experience with both makers. I added Skoak cherry shoe trees too. Awesomeness all around.



post #3381 of 4381
Those Bonafes look amazing
post #3382 of 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Those Bonafes look amazing

 

Seconded.  Skoak should get permission to use those pics of the "burgundy beauty" - hadn't realised the depth of the colour from the shots on their site, but when I see it there they look absolutely amazing.  That's the rich burgundy colour I want when I finally get a burgundy shoe.

 

Note to self:  make another effort to try on something in Carmina Rain so you have a better idea of whether those things will fit well or not (I'm not hopeful unfortunately, my feet like long slim lasts not roomy lasts).

post #3383 of 4381
It's an incredibly handsome shade of burgundy.
post #3384 of 4381
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldwinP View Post

Seconded.  Skoak should get permission to use those pics of the "burgundy beauty" - hadn't realised the depth of the colour from the shots on their site, but when I see it there they look absolutely amazing.  That's the rich burgundy colour I want when I finally get a burgundy shoe.

Note to self:  make another effort to try on something in Carmina Rain so you have a better idea of whether those things will fit well or not (I'm not hopeful unfortunately, my feet like long slim lasts not roomy lasts).

Carmina Rain is available in narrow width (MTO only though)
post #3385 of 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Those Bonafes look amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldwinP View Post

Seconded.  Skoak should get permission to use those pics of the "burgundy beauty" - hadn't realised the depth of the colour from the shots on their site, but when I see it there they look absolutely amazing.  That's the rich burgundy colour I want when I finally get a burgundy shoe.

Note to self:  make another effort to try on something in Carmina Rain so you have a better idea of whether those things will fit well or not (I'm not hopeful unfortunately, my feet like long slim lasts not roomy lasts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

It's an incredibly handsome shade of burgundy.

Cheers, gentlemen. Skoak's pictures are great, but these are a wonder to behold in person. Here are some additional pics in different lighting.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




post #3386 of 4381
Gorgeous. I want to MTO that with no punching or brogueing but for a punched captoe. Same last, same color. Anyone? (Also open to the stated design with claret museum calf.)
post #3387 of 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Gorgeous. I want to MTO that with no punching or brogueing but for a punched captoe. Same last, same color. Anyone? (Also open to the stated design with claret museum calf.)
I would be in for something like that.
post #3388 of 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by toblov View Post

I would be in for something like that.
I got another +1 by PM so that is 3. Will follow up and write Skoak later today.
post #3389 of 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof6 View Post



Cheers, gentlemen. Skoak's pictures are great, but these are a wonder to behold in person. Here are some additional pics in different lighting.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

These beauties are insane.
post #3390 of 4381
Deleted
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread