or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 151

post #2251 of 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post


Nope, the middle. The one on the far right is too reddish for my liking.

 

Checked your pic again on my laptop screen, now I see some more difference between the left and middle shoe :) I'm not sure I'd like it that dark though.

I think the colour below is about the darkest brown for my liking, although I think the EG dark oak looks a little better.

post #2252 of 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Those would be a nice compliment to your navy wholecuts... wink.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post


MTO????????

 

I'd be interested to see the pricing, given that croc is priced like gold these days.  But in addition to the navy shell wholecuts I do have a pair of navy suede chukkas and also a pair of navy museum Vass austerity brogues on order - so I'm settled in the blue shoes department.  Still want to get a blue tall boot for the fall, though.

post #2253 of 4381
Navy calf and navy suede balmoral 80082 MTO with dainite sole smile.gif Oscar or Robert last
post #2254 of 4381
Whoops, I meant 80092 model
post #2255 of 4381

^^^ Yep.

post #2256 of 4381
So get it going man smile.gif
post #2257 of 4381

I'm still somewhat torn between that and a Vass navy wingtip brogue - basically the ankle boot below, rendered as a tall boot:

 

 

Hosting provided by FotoTime 

post #2258 of 4381
I've always been intrigued by Vass, but I'm too worried about the sizing. There's nowhere in Toronto that handles them.
post #2259 of 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post



I'd be interested to see the pricing, given that croc is priced like gold these days.  But in addition to the navy shell wholecuts I do have a pair of navy suede chukkas and also a pair of navy museum Vass austerity brogues on order - so I'm settled in the blue shoes department.  Still want to get a blue tall boot for the fall, though.

I am in the same boat as you my friend. I have a pair of Bontoni navy suede, Bontoni navy double monks, and Carmina shell loafer. I would consider like Noix suede with croc detailing. Might be an interesting pairing for sure.
post #2260 of 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

 

I'd be interested to see the pricing, given that croc is priced like gold these days.  But in addition to the navy shell wholecuts I do have a pair of navy suede chukkas and also a pair of navy museum Vass austerity brogues on order - so I'm settled in the blue shoes department.  Still want to get a blue tall boot for the fall, though.


I don't even think they'll be that expensive. Crocodile isn't priced extremely, gator is. I've read somewhere that Carmina charges about 20% more for crocodile than they do for shell. Since it's only a small piece, I think the pricing should be quite reasonable, considering they can easily use scraps and hides with faults that can't be used for wholecuts. If they keep a realistic surcharge that is.

post #2261 of 4381
I have a question regarding the Galway Veldtschoen in Rosewood Country Calf:

Are shoe trees included? If not, is it possible to order lasted shoe trees from Skoaktiebolaget?

/p
post #2262 of 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post


I am in the same boat as you my friend. I have a pair of Bontoni navy suede, Bontoni navy double monks, and Carmina shell loafer. I would consider like Noix suede with croc detailing. Might be an interesting pairing for sure.

 

I have seen noix suede in person and love the look but have wondered how and where I would wear a shoe that light.  Blending in darker croc might make it a bit more wearable for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper88 View Post
 


I don't even think they'll be that expensive. Crocodile isn't priced extremely, gator is. I've read somewhere that Carmina charges about 20% more for crocodile than they do for shell. Since it's only a small piece, I think the pricing should be quite reasonable, considering they can easily use scraps and hides with faults that can't be used for wholecuts. If they keep a realistic surcharge that is.

 

Good points.

post #2263 of 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper88 View Post

Checked your pic again on my laptop screen, now I see some more difference between the left and middle shoe smile.gif  I'm not sure I'd like it that dark though.
I think the colour below is about the darkest brown for my liking, although I think the EG dark oak looks a little better.



Still a little bit reddish but that'd work for me.
post #2264 of 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post


Still a little bit reddish but that'd work for me.

 

Yeah, I agree. It's not really brown brown, but it's not too much red either. Wonder what the possibilities are when Leaves returns from his trip :) Really hoping something like EG's dark oak can be realised.
Still need to rack up some more info, especially on sizing and shaft/boot height. But so far I'm digging it. Seeing the popularity of the jumper (and Carmina in general) boot, the lack of a brown relatively plain derby boot, and the versatility of such a makeup, I think a GMTO could be done.

post #2265 of 4381
Gentlemen,

I am considering a Carmina MTO of a Jumper boot on Oscar last, storm welted on Commando sole, in black shell. Would anybody care to join in? I had a few rather uncommon details in mind such as purple or lilac lining and brown midsole, but this can be discussed.

The quoted price of single MTO is 6840 SEK.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread