or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 16

post #226 of 3454
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by niklasnordin View Post

A big thanks to the guys at skoaktiebolaget for helping me with my EG MTO.

Havent decided yet what to go for with my next MTO, but when I do Ill check if more ppl are interested in making it a group MTO.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Crossposting from the EG thread where there are more pics 






AppleMark

We aim to please. biggrin.gif
post #227 of 3454
Thread Starter 
We're getting very excited about our upcoming Bonafé delivery, hopefully arriving within a couple of weeks. Here are some MTO options that might be informative:

Single Pair MTO +15% of base model

Surcharges:
  • Fur insole +225 SEK (180 ex VAT)
  • Complete fur lining +650 SEK (520 ex VAT)
  • Golf rubber sole +225 SEK (180 ex VAT)
  • Metal toe tips +400 SEK (320 ex VAT)
  • Natural rope laces + leather endings FREE
  • Peccary skin +400 SEK (320 ex VAT)
  • Cordovan skin +3500 SEK (2800 ex VAT)
  • Baby Croco skin + 15000 SEK (12000 ex VAT)
post #228 of 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post
  • Peccary skin +400 SEK (320 ex VAT)
  • Baby Croco skin + 15000 SEK (12000 ex VAT)

 

I've never even heard of peccary shoes. Or is it only the lining?

Btw, what does baby croc look like? Seems a lot more expensive than regular croc.

post #229 of 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concub1ne View Post

I've never even heard of peccary shoes. Or is it only the lining?
Btw, what does baby croc look like? Seems a lot more expensive than regular croc.

I have a pair of peccary austerity brogues done up MTO from Gravati. They are amazingly soft and look a bit like deer skin.
post #230 of 3454
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concub1ne View Post

I've never even heard of peccary shoes. Or is it only the lining?
Btw, what does baby croc look like? Seems a lot more expensive than regular croc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post

I have a pair of peccary austerity brogues done up MTO from Gravati. They are amazingly soft and look a bit like deer skin.

I've seen a few around on the Internet but actually never tried one IRL, but I guess that's all about to change soon. smile.gif
post #231 of 3454




Peccary. What the pics can't describe is how deliciously soft it is.
post #232 of 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

I've seen a few around on the Internet but actually never tried one IRL, but I guess that's all about to change soon. smile.gif

 

   the appearance is very similar to St. Crispins shrunken calf but - as others have said - WAY softer.

   makes a pretty decent loafer as i remember.

post #233 of 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by niklasnordin View Post

A big thanks to the guys at skoaktiebolaget for helping me with my EG MTO.

Havent decided yet what to go for with my next MTO, but when I do Ill check if more ppl are interested in making it a group MTO.

Crossposting from the EG thread where there are more pics 






AppleMark

Very nice, enjoy.
post #234 of 3454

What came in the mail today.. the biggest box from Skoak, containing two beautiful pairs of Carminas.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Burdeos Claro Oxfords. BEAUTIFUL color. I hate brown. These are a fantastic substitute.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Uetam Snuff Suede Loafers. Fantastic. Although Patrik was right, I could stand to size half a step down in loafers. 

 

 

 

Thanks so much Skoak (and sent you an additional email with the MTO information for yet another pair).

 

Edit: Better pictures later. It's 10:40pm, no natural light.

post #235 of 3454

   you done good there - congrats

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

What came in the mail today.. the biggest box from Skoak, containing two beautiful pairs of Carminas.

 

Burdeos Claro Oxfords. BEAUTIFUL color. I hate brown. These are a fantastic substitute.

 

 

Uetam Snuff Suede Loafers. Fantastic. Although Patrik was right, I could stand to size half a step down in loafers. 

 

 

post #236 of 3454
Beautiful shoes mrjester - I've been looking at the string loafer in chocolate brown but unsure how the Uetam last fits compared to the Rain last?
Edited by Cuttingboard - 4/17/13 at 11:05am
post #237 of 3454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Beautiful shoes SoGent - I've been looking at the string loafer in chocolate brown but unsure how the Uetam last fits compared to the Rain last?

 

From what I've read the Uetam fits similar to the Simpson which is narrower than the Rain. I have no personal experience with the Uetam though.

post #238 of 3454
It feels like my feet were made for them. Just depends on your feet. I have the Inca in the same size and it's too big now that I feel these. I would size down in rain and inca.
post #239 of 3454
Another thing. . If the Simpson fits well and you have any room at all on the sides, size down on the loafers. The long opening for your foot makes it slip on the heel. They fit great but could be better. If these were laced Uetams, I would sick with this. Loafer Uetams, half size down.
post #240 of 3454
I normally wear a 9.5D US and currently wear an 8.5 in Carmina Rain and Inca lasts. I have never tried the Simpson last but the Inca and Rain are just a fraction wide on me, especially the Inca since its a Double Monk style which is similar to a loafer. Of course, I can tighten the Rain lasted shoes so they are fine. I have a feeling that I would wear the loafers with thin or loafer socks so I may want to stay with the 8.5 instead of sizing up to the 9?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread