or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 95

post #1411 of 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

^ Those are beautiful.  I'm seriously tempted.  Tips for sizing on that last?  1 down from Brannock in general or .5?  Thanks.

I have the Galway boots on the 82, 202 , 64E and 64F last

Only in the 82 last I take an 8.5 all the rest are a UK.8 , I would also not go for the F fitting unless you have very broad feet the E fit is good enough.

Hope this helps! you are going to love these boots.
post #1412 of 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

Good move! smile.gif Skoaktiebolaget keeps bringing top make ups and this boot is no difference. Perfect for the Swedish winter....or a zombie apocalypse wink.gif

Yep, they will be amazing for our winters!
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

^ Those are beautiful.  I'm seriously tempted.  Tips for sizing on that last?  1 down from Brannock in general or .5?  Thanks.

I went with the same size I have in 888, 82 and 202.
post #1413 of 2735
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post

Hi Leaves,
Excellent Excellent Excellent.  When will the pre order period end?

End of March.
post #1414 of 2735
I wear the same size in 82, 202 and 64. 8E in all of them, 64 has more volume but that's good in that kind of boot.
post #1415 of 2735
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

I wear the same size in 82, 202 and 64. 8E in all of them, 64 has more volume but that's good in that kind of boot.

I also wear the same size on all these lasts although the 202 and 64 is more generous in width, in my opinion that's a good thing for boots just as RogerP also concludes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

^ Those are beautiful.  I'm seriously tempted.  Tips for sizing on that last?  1 down from Brannock in general or .5?  Thanks.

We generally recommend sizing down 0.5 size from US sizing although references to other lasts is essential for us to recommend sizing, please e-mail us for more sizing advise.
post #1416 of 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post

I have the Galway boots on the 82, 202 , 64E and 64F last

Only in the 82 last I take an 8.5 all the rest are a UK.8 , I would also not go for the F fitting unless you have very broad feet the E fit is good enough.

Hope this helps! you are going to love these boots.
So are you a size 8.5 or a 9 US? I'm trying to figure out sizing on the Galway. I'm 8.5 US so I was going to go with an 8UK on the 82 last.
post #1417 of 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spengler View Post

Leaves, is it going to be with or without a storm welt? You have pictures showing both.



My personal opinion is that this detail is absolutely essential on a boot, and a more rugged version like this should definitely have one.



 



Indeed Leaves does this make-up you choose have storm welt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

End of March.

Excellent this will give me some time to contemplate.
post #1418 of 2735
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Indeed Leaves does this make-up you choose have storm welt?
Excellent this will give me some time to contemplate.

Yes, storm welt.
post #1419 of 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Galway Veldtschoen pre-order in Rosewood Country Calf, shearling lined.

We are now taking pre-orders so that clients can book their pair in advance for this special make up. All sizes and widths can be ordered. Delivery is September 2014.
Our version will be made up in the so-called veldtschoen construction and it will be shearling lined. We will use the 64 last and the default width is E (normal width). If you require a different width, please e-mail us and we will arrange for this. We will use a Ridgeway sole for these country boots. The shearling lining is in the vamp and the edges of the shaft only (not the whole shaft).

The deposit is 25% of the full price. The remaining 75% will be billed through PayPal before delivery. Delivery is planned for September 2014. The full price is 8900 SEK (7120 SEK ex VAT for clients outside the EU).

Pre-order now:
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/boots/products/pre-order-galway-veldtschoen-in-rosewood-country-calf

Or e-mail us for more info: sales@skoaktiebolaget.se

Excellent makeup Leaves.

 

Pre-order completed.

 

 

Have you heard anything in regards to my Blue Galways?

post #1420 of 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Yes, storm welt.

Interesting...I didn't know a storm welt could be done on veldtschoen construction since the leather is sewn on the top welt. Anyone have a picture of this?
post #1421 of 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post


Interesting...I didn't know a storm welt could be done on veldtschoen construction since the leather is sewn on the top welt. Anyone have a picture of this?


Could it be?

 

 

From 0 Galways to 2 Galways ?

 

I think he's seen the light.:D 

post #1422 of 2735
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Interesting...I didn't know a storm welt could be done on veldtschoen construction since the leather is sewn on the top welt. Anyone have a picture of this?

Gotta double check on that, we did not get our order confirmation yet but the EG rep we met at Pitti (not Hilary or Xavier) said anything about it.
post #1423 of 2735
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Excellent makeup Leaves.

Pre-order completed.


Have you heard anything in regards to my Blue Galways?

PM sent!
post #1424 of 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


PM sent!


Thank you.

post #1425 of 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

So are you a size 8.5 or a 9 US? I'm trying to figure out sizing on the Galway. I'm 8.5 US so I was going to go with an 8UK on the 82 last.

Looks like you are half a size smaller them me so that should be fine but my feet differ from every shoe to every last so please make sure with the experts first.

I am normally a UK 8 which with some brands equals to a US 9 and with some to a US 8.5. If you have not had any EG shoes or boots before it is best to call a shop and speak to them regarding the correct sizing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread