or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 624

post #9346 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post


Interesting. Where does they source their shell from, and what's the quality of the boots like compared to Carmina and other makers.

Anyone up for a Cognac wing tip boot on a chiselled last? I'm after something like this.
80277-GMTO-Cognac-Cordovan-01_grande.jpg?3577

I would love an MTO for a boot just like those. 

post #9347 of 23713
Yes please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltonpetillo View Post

Any interest out there for a GMTO Carmina black grain jumper boot?
post #9348 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post

Interesting. Where does they source their shell from, and what's the quality of the boots like compared to Carmina and other makers.

Anyone up for a Cognac wing tip boot on a chiselled last? I'm after something like this.
80277-GMTO-Cognac-Cordovan-01_grande.jpg?3577

I may be wrong but someone might have mentioned Bonafe's shells come from Comipel and more readily available. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I would be interested in the boots but i already have a Cognac boot. I may get in if they were either whiskey or navy shell, or a country grain upper. Shell GMTO is unlikely to happen anytime soon and i am abit of a cheapskate to pay Carmina's 50% extra MTO fees.
post #9349 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post

I may be wrong but someone might have mentioned Bonafe's shells come from Comipel and more readily available. Correct me if I'm wrong.
We'll have to wait for Leaves to get back to us.

In the meantime here are some photos I found. According to this link they have Horween.

If so I am so in for this boot.


Here's a picture of Horween Brandy Shell.
500x1000px-LL-301f62aa_brandy-boots5_zps861d1ff7.jpeg
Edited by Foxhound - 2/12/15 at 9:10pm
post #9350 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertel View Post

X-post fom the 'Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes' thread:

It has arrived - at Skoaktiebolaget yet, and hopefully soon at my door:



Very nice. Blake stitched?
post #9351 of 23713
Did anyone who pre-ordered the Thorpe get a shipping confirmation from Skoaktiebolaget the following day? I'm just wondering if that would be indicative of a problem I should be concerned with?
post #9352 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

Did anyone who pre-ordered the Thorpe get a shipping confirmation from Skoaktiebolaget the following day? I'm just wondering if that would be indicative of a problem I should be concerned with?

I got a manual email confirmation they got my order with the width I indicated (in addition to the automatic confirmation) but not a shipping confirmation.
post #9353 of 23713
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post


is their shell from Horween?

Yes, Horween.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post

Interesting. Where does they source their shell from, and what's the quality of the boots like compared to Carmina and other makers.

Anyone up for a Cognac wing tip boot on a chiselled last? I'm after something like this.

They buy through a leather merchant, like most small makers, but it's Horween.
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post

I may be wrong but someone might have mentioned Bonafe's shells come from Comipel and more readily available. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Incorrect, see above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

Did anyone who pre-ordered the Thorpe get a shipping confirmation from Skoaktiebolaget the following day? I'm just wondering if that would be indicative of a problem I should be concerned with?

That's just an automatic email that goes out from the system when we have "fulfilled" the order (written your size etc down in the order document in this case).
post #9354 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


That's just an automatic email that goes out from the system when we have "fulfilled" the order (written your size etc down in the order document in this case).

Thanks Leaves. I have to say that I was harbouring a little hope that it was actually true. That would make it the fastest pre-order in history!
post #9355 of 23713

Okay, thanks Leaves, I'm interested in putting together two MTO's.

 

Wingtip Boots

 

Material: Horween Cognac Shell Cordorvan
Last: 804 last

Style: Wingtip Open Laced Boot with Speedhooks

Sole: Dainite Sole

Price ~ 7200 SEK ex VAT

 

So basically this but from Enzo Bonafe

 

 

 

Whiskey Shell Chukka

 

Material: Horween Whiskey Shell Cordovan

Last: 74945

Style: Two Eylet Chukka Boot

Sole: Leather Sole

 

Like this

 

 

 

Whose in?

post #9356 of 23713
Appreciate the correction, Leaves.

Foxhound, i have one Bonafe MTO coming and i am apprehensive about commiting another without first familiarizing myself fully with Bonafe's sizing. I thought these were from Carmina.

I might submit another order for an English shoes instead by month end. That seems to be more urgent.
post #9357 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post


Very nice. Blake stitched?

 

Thank you.

 

Yes, they are Blake stitched, with the Black 'Fondo chiuso' sole (slim waist). I often find Bonafè soles and frames a bit too massive and protruding to my taste, plus have always liked the sleek and very 'Italian' look of these slim soles best, so decided to go with Blake.

 

I haven't seen well crafted Blake shoes in a while, so am very excited that Bonafè as a skilled quality maker offers this. Will see how well it works in the real.

post #9358 of 23713

@Leaves

 

Two questions..

 

1. Full sock liner possible on EG/GG preorders or are those MTO only?

2. Does Bonafe do unlined shoes (loafers, chukkas)?

post #9359 of 23713
Full sock liner is basically just a thicker insole that EG cuts and places in the box. I can't see why it wouldn't be available for any order
post #9360 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post

Okay, thanks Leaves, I'm interested in putting together two MTO's.

Wingtip Boots

Material: Horween Cognac Shell Cordorvan

Last: 804 last
Style: Wingtip Open Laced Boot with Speedhooks
Sole: Dainite Sole
Price ~ 7200 SEK ex VAT

So basically this but from Enzo Bonafe





Whiskey Shell Chukka

Material: Horween Whiskey Shell Cordovan
Last: 74945
Style: Two Eylet Chukka Boot
Sole: Leather Sole

Like this





Whose in?

In!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread