Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 554post #8297 of 233401/25/15 at 1:24pmpost #8298 of 233401/25/15 at 1:28pmQuote:
this is a fantastic idea! with a natural or light brown edge trim?
edit-how many do we need to make this gmto a GO?
Edited by NAMOR - 1/25/15 at 1:39pmpost #8299 of 233401/25/15 at 1:34pmQuote:
+1. context is everything. im sure SF'ers dressed in "business casual" have been charged with being overdressed. in this light, the ucap is a dressy boot, nothing short of "fancy". switch the laces to bar lacing I I I I or crosses X X X and all of a sudden youre a dandy.
with that said, i find the ucap works well with both casual cotton chinos and wool dress slacks. as a balmoral boot, its far more versatile than a sleeked captoe bal bootpost #8300 of 233401/25/15 at 1:36pmQuote:
Suede bal boots are the best. I would be all over that if I wasn't planning for other things.post #8301 of 233401/25/15 at 1:50pmpost #8302 of 233401/25/15 at 1:57pmQuote:
how so? im interested in what you have in mind
the uwing boot design is already without a medallion and the the edges are cut in perfectly straight edge, no pinkingpost #8303 of 233401/25/15 at 1:57pmpost #8304 of 233401/25/15 at 2:04pmQuote:
polo suede and edge trim would resemble this pair of G&G belonging to Mr. Leaves:post #8305 of 233401/25/15 at 2:44pmpost #8306 of 233401/25/15 at 2:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by sacafotos
Fox Suede is stunning.
Can you work your magic and mock up a U wing boot in that color suede?
But is Carmina fox suede really the same as G&G Fox Suede?
I posted swatches of some EG and G&G suede colors? Here http://www.styleforum.net/t/338047/skoaktiebolaget-carmina-eg-gg-bonafe-official-affiliate-thread/7065#post_7591359post #8307 of 233401/25/15 at 3:14pmpost #8308 of 233401/25/15 at 3:25pmpost #8309 of 233401/25/15 at 6:10pmQuote:
The original borgued U- wing is cool boot, but a fairly busy one. Not knocking it - I have it coming in burgundy.
I have never felt that brogueing looks as good on suede as on smooth calf or shell - the punching just looks less crisp due to the nature of the material. And suede is adding texture of its own, with contrasting stitching adding another visual element to the equation.
I think suede plus contrasting stitching plus the already bold design of the U wing is plenty for this boot - I'd be inclined to forego the brogeuing all together. And for those who already have one or both versions of the U-wing, an austerity version would make it a less repetitive addition.
As for colour - dark brown is out for me, as is a very light tan.post #8310 of 233401/25/15 at 6:17pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Yuketen Chromexcel Maine Guide Chukka Size: M9E / 42 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Yuketen Chromexcel Maine Guide Chukka Size: M9E / 42 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 6 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers Natural Rough Out Dainite Trench Boot size:... 6 minutes ago
- › Suspension Point – Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...