or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 523

post #7831 of 23708
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

I guess you have to go through with the transaction to get that prompt?
Nope, but it is on the screen right before you complete the transaction, so take your time and look for it...
post #7832 of 23708
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2000r View Post

Inspiration for you guys' Enzo Bonafe MTO: Bespoke by Yohei Fukuda



Do you have more Information and Pics from this Beauty?
post #7833 of 23708
I noticed that you have a couple of Carmina models on the pre-arrival list in "lama" calf. Do you have a description or pic of this leather?
post #7834 of 23708
Quote:
Originally Posted by luc13 View Post

Do you have more Information and Pics from this Beauty?
I don't think that is a Bonafe made shoe, it's a completely unrelated Japanese bespoke made shoe. The original post is a little misleading...
post #7835 of 23708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post


Got it, I think I was a little confused. You were talking about not being able to pay skoaktiebolaget directly on the site with a discover card. You can pay for an order through paypal using discover but you have to pay the paypal currency conversion fee.

I was talking about doing this and using a currency fee free card visa card like capital one:

http://lifehacker.com/5957808/avoid-paypals-high-international-currency-exchange-rates-by-switching-one-little-option


If I recall, switching the PayPal conversion option on the mobile version is nearly impossible. It is more obvious where to click and change on the desktop. With all of the no transaction fee cards using good exchange rates, the savings can add up. Of course buying every great Skoak model and deal will eventually result in no savings!

post #7836 of 23708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post
 


If I recall, switching the PayPal conversion option on the mobile version is nearly impossible. It is more obvious where to click and change on the desktop. With all of the no transaction fee cards using good exchange rates, the savings can add up.

I wouldn't normally wouldn't take the liberty of editing other SF members posts. But in this case the last part of your statement was so dangerous and counter to what we're trying to achieve, I just couldn't help but erasing it from this qoute. LOL

post #7837 of 23708
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post


I don't think that is a Bonafe made shoe, it's a completely unrelated Japanese bespoke made shoe. The original post is a little misleading...

Yes, Bonafé would be able to do a similar model but this particular pair is from another shoemaker.

post #7838 of 23708
Just want to give shoutout to Gabriel for providing great help with EG 606 last sizing.

I wear Carmina Inca and Forest in size 8UK and the fit is perfect. Rain last in size 8UK is a bit loose.

I tried Galway in 82 and Westminster in 888 last and size 8.5UK was OK but with a bit room in the toe box.


I'm US9D on Brannock and also wear Alden 8.5D Barrie in both, shoes and boots.

Final decision, EG Dover in doak size 8E UK.
post #7839 of 23708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Just want to give shoutout to Gabriel for providing great help with EG 606 last sizing.

I wear Carmina Inca and Forest in size 8UK and the fit is perfect. Rain last in size 8UK is a bit loose.

I tried Galway in 82 and Westminster in 888 last and size 8.5UK was OK but with a bit room in the toe box.


I'm US9D on Brannock and also wear Alden 8.5D Barrie in both, shoes and boots.

Final decision, EG Dover in doak size 8E UK.

Congrats, pics? lurker[1].gif
post #7840 of 23708
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Congrats, pics? lurker[1].gif

thanks JS, hopefully end of February!
post #7841 of 23708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Just want to give shoutout to Gabriel for providing great help with EG 606 last sizing.

I wear Carmina Inca and Forest in size 8UK and the fit is perfect. Rain last in size 8UK is a bit loose.

I tried Galway in 82 and Westminster in 888 last and size 8.5UK was OK but with a bit room in the toe box.


I'm US9D on Brannock and also wear Alden 8.5D Barrie in both, shoes and boots.

Final decision, EG Dover in doak size 8E UK.


awesome!!! psyched for you

 

it seems like the vast majority of folks take their Barrie size i.e. 8.5US and 8.5UK. But for me that has proven slightly to roomy. My dovers are an 8Uk to correlate with my 8US Barrie and I use a liner to take up volume. I have a different shoe due on the 202 any day which is a 7.5 and I am very curios to see the fit on that. However I know that a 7.5 is too small on 82...so it seems like I am a bit of tweener in EG depending on the last 

post #7842 of 23708
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


awesome!!! psyched for you

it seems like the vast majority of folks take their Barrie size i.e. 8.5US and 8.5UK. But for me that has proven slightly to roomy. My dovers are an 8Uk to correlate with my 8US Barrie and I use a liner to take up volume. I have a different shoe due on the 202 any day which is a 7.5 and I am very curios to see the fit on that. However I know that a 7.5 is too small on 82...so it seems like I am a bit of tweener in EG depending on the last 

So do you gents suggest to size down a half size when ordering the 202 size? My first pair will be coming soon on the 888 last, and i was wondering if a 202 in the same last would work...
post #7843 of 23708
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

So do you gents suggest to size down a half size when ordering the 202 size? My first pair will be coming soon on the 888 last, and i was wondering if a 202 in the same last would work...
I do not suggest sizing down.
post #7844 of 23708
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

So do you gents suggest to size down a half size when ordering the 202 size? My first pair will be coming soon on the 888 last, and i was wondering if a 202 in the same last would work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I do not suggest sizing down.

I do not suggest sizing down either.
post #7845 of 23708
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post


So do you gents suggest to size down a half size when ordering the 202 size? My first pair will be coming soon on the 888 last, and i was wondering if a 202 in the same last would work...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I do not suggest sizing down.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post



I do not suggest sizing down either.


I wouldn't either. In the same size I find the 202 a good fit and the 888 to be snug. There's a difference but I don't see it being a whole 1/2 size worth of difference.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread