Can anyone advise on Carmina sizing? I've two pairs on the Detroit last in 7UK that fit well. Is Soller wider in the toe box? longer? shorter? How about Rain? Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 521post #7802 of 238141/14/15 at 1:31pmpost #7803 of 238141/14/15 at 1:38pmpost #7804 of 238141/14/15 at 1:45pmpost #7805 of 238141/14/15 at 1:53pmQuote:
I wear a 7UK Detroit chukka that fits fine. Could be a little longer on the right foot, but everything else is good (width, toe box, heel, etc.). I also wear a 7.5UK Rain two eyelet blucher. Fits fine, but late in the day when my feet are larger, my right pinky begins to get pinched. The blucher isn't broken in that much yet, so hopefully that situation rectifies itself. The length and everything else is fine, although the heel can be a little loose. Also hoping that situation rectifies itself after more break in.post #7806 of 238141/14/15 at 2:03pmpost #7807 of 238141/14/15 at 2:13pmQuote:
Email Skoak for fitting advice.
Size the same as Detroit. Soller is longer and just as wide in forefoot, but due to extra length, the toe box has more taper.
I wear 7.5UK in Rain and prefer 7UK for Soller (thick sock + insole), but could get away with 6.5 UK (mid weight sock, no insole).
HTHpost #7808 of 238141/14/15 at 3:01pmpost #7809 of 238141/14/15 at 5:15pmpost #7810 of 238141/14/15 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
Pre order now open for the new Edward Green Kentmere boot on the new 72 last in Dark Brown Uath. For more info, follow this link:
We are of course also accepting MTOs for this new boot. Base price is 10 000 SEK including VAT / 8000 SEK ex VAT, plus MTO surcharge. Edward Green MTO Service Standard with a surcharge of 1800 (1440 SEK ex VAT) offers the possibility to select sole, leather and lining.
Late to the party, but these are fantastic. I've been wanting a pair of the Asprey or RL Herrick boots for a long time, but these might be better looking (sorry NAMOR).post #7811 of 238141/14/15 at 5:22pmQuote:
Honestly, capitalone quicksilver is the best and necessary if you shop internationally. No fee and 1.5 percent cash back . Surprised you guys don't use similar ccs.post #7812 of 238141/14/15 at 5:27pmQuote:
I haven't tried it for an order like this yet, but I was told that discover has no foreign transaction fee and always gives at least 1% cash back, with certain times of the year at 5%. Since they run it like it would be at the store, that should also work.post #7813 of 238141/14/15 at 5:28pmpost #7814 of 238141/14/15 at 5:28pmQuote:
Nope. Skoak doesn't accept Discoverpost #7815 of 238141/14/15 at 5:32pmQuote:
Wow I forgot about that. Good call. That is why I have been using Paypal! I just use Discover to pay for the Paypal so I still get the cash back.
Well it works for any place that accepts it.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 11 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...