But maybe now is the time for change...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 517post #7741 of 232911/13/15 at 1:13pmpost #7742 of 232911/13/15 at 1:24pmpost #7743 of 232911/13/15 at 1:29pmpost #7744 of 232911/13/15 at 1:34pmBut when I have seen this type of buckle and lace boot in the past, the boots have been higher, like riding, polo, or combat boots, and it seemed to be an integral part of the closure mechanism. To my mind, these seem like a close cousin of the Galway on a new last with an additional fastening. They are handsome, however!post #7745 of 232911/13/15 at 1:36pmpost #7746 of 232911/13/15 at 2:24pmQuote:
i like these. but i cant help but think they would look better without the buckle. i might just be saying that because i am probably going to pull trigger on utah galway
some buckled edward green boots. eg herrick and asprey city bootpost #7747 of 232911/13/15 at 2:28pmpost #7748 of 232911/13/15 at 2:50pmpost #7749 of 232911/13/15 at 3:11pmpost #7750 of 232911/13/15 at 3:33pmQuote:
I love that most people in America all say they are going to join gyms in January. Around here everyone says they aren't gonna buy shoes. We all know by March everyone will be fat and we will be MTOing EG'spost #7751 of 232911/13/15 at 3:34pmpost #7752 of 232911/13/15 at 3:37pmQuote:
.... for delivery in late 2015 or early 2016!post #7753 of 232911/13/15 at 4:26pmpost #7754 of 232911/13/15 at 5:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
Pre order now open for the new Edward Green Kentmere boot on the new 72 last in Dark Brown Uath. For more info, follow this link:
We are of course also accepting MTOs for this new boot. Base price is 10 000 SEK including VAT / 8000 SEK ex VAT, plus MTO surcharge. Edward Green MTO Service Standard with a surcharge of 1800 (1440 SEK ex VAT) offers the possibility to select sole, leather and lining.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice job @Leaves, my hat is off to you sir.
I certainly think this was worth the little bit of build up and excitement we had earlier..
I know a number of SF members have been wanting a pair of the discontinued Herricks, this certainly comes very close.
Edited by dddrees - 1/13/15 at 8:32pmpost #7755 of 232911/13/15 at 5:43pm
Yes, seriously we need GMTOs!
I'm still hopeful for the Burnham / Vintage Oak / TG73 / Single Leather Sole. The price has dropped around $150 since the initial posting and I think it would be a great boot for the spring. ~$1239
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Leaves
Gaziano & Girling Burnham GMTO
Price: 10 000 SEK ex VAT (about $1300 USD) - 12 500 SEK inc. VAT within the EU
Specs: Vintage Oak
Width: F-width for the first five, then any width can be ordered
Last: MH71 or TG73, to be decided
Sole: to be decided... single leather or Dainte or what are we looking at?
Delivery time: about 4-5 months
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Please include your G&G MH71 UK size/width and your PayPal e-mail address and shipping address (needed for the VAT deduction). You are not committing to anything by signing up, we won't send out any invoices until all the specs are confirmed. Please also let us know if you wish to add lasted G&G shoe trees (1300 SEK ex VAT) or Skoaktiebolaget shoe trees (640 SEK ex VAT).
At this point we have the following interested:
I'm also interest in this.
Canterbury / Vintage Gray (whatever is closer) & Dark Gray Suede / TG73 / Single Leather Sole ~ $922
Or just the classic rothschild. This should really be a stock model.
Rothschild / Vintage Chestnut / DG70 / Single Leather Sole ~$872
Astaire / Sand Suede & Vintage Cherry / DG70 / Single Leather Sole ~$872
Oakham / Dark Brown Pingrain & Vintage Cedar / TG73 or MH71 / Single Leather Sole ~$911
Tavistock / Chestnut Hatchgrain / DG70 (flexible) / Single Leather Sole (flexible) ~$Not sure
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thorpe / Brown English Grain / MH71 / Double Danite w/stormwelt ~$Not Sure (Isham pictured)
Edited by Ironist - 1/13/15 at 9:32pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 2 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 seconds ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 2 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 9 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 11 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...