or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 506

post #7576 of 23675

@Leaves/@Skoaktiebolaget

 

Is there a permanent stock for Gaziano Girling shoes like you have for Edward Green? Thanks! 

post #7577 of 23675
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by madridista View Post

@Leaves
/@Skoaktiebolaget


Is there a permanent stock for Gaziano Girling shoes like you have for Edward Green? Thanks! 

G&G does not have a proper permanent stock but all the styles on their website shop is considered stock styles and can be ordered from any retailer without an extra surcharge. For our store we consider the following styles more or less permanent: Gable, Sinatra, St.James II, Cambridge (in the leathers shown on our website). Our goal is to always have a decent stock of these.
post #7578 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger la Rock View Post
 

The front half of Tomir is rubber and the rear is leather with about half an inch of overlap just behind the rubber section. The heel stack is leather with a full rubber top lift. In my experience the Tomir is thinner than Carmina's single leather and seems quite hard wearing. The most elegant of the rubber options and from above barely distinguishable from a leather sole.

 

The thicker York is Rubber with a leather waist insert and heel stack. I find it feels more substantial than the Tomir, but is better suited to more casual styles.

 

Leaves, I recall reading that you will no longer be stocking the York sole. Is there a reason for this, please?

Thank you, I had got the York and Tomir mixed up. 

post #7579 of 23675
Thread Starter 
Carmina soles:

Dainite (actually, it's not an proper Dainite, it's called Silver and is not produced by Harboro Rubber Co. Ltd)


Victory rubber sole (similar to Ridgeway)


Tomir sole (stitched on 3/4 rubber). We use these a lot, very popular.


Tramuntana sole, thin 3/4 rubber sole similar to Vibram Commando sole, bit not as heavy. We discontinued it and replaced it with the Victory sole because we had some clients complaining about the rubber tip of the sole being worn down (this is natural in that kind of sole but it caused us some grief).


Crepe sole. It's a little wobbly to walk and it's not very nice from an aesthetic point of view but it performs well on snow and ice.


Single leather.


York sole. We have phased this sole out because it causes issues in production and I feel the introduction of the Tomir has made it obsolete.


All Carmina soles comes if 3-4 different weights and most can be made with a storm welt. 360 welt can also be specified for most soles.
post #7580 of 23675
Great info, thanks!

I personally find their crepe sole very sturdy and as you say performs well in adverse conditions.
post #7581 of 23675

One more day till Tuesday's announcement, and counting.......................................................:slayer:

post #7582 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

One more day till Tuesday's announcement, and counting.......................................................icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Isn't it already like past 1pm on Monday in Sweden?? So only a few more hours to go wink.gif
post #7583 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Isn't it already like past 1pm on Monday in Sweden?? So only a few more hours to go wink.gif

Ah yes, i'll just have to make sure I wake up early tomorrow so I can see it as soon as it's announced. D### time difference. LOL

post #7584 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 

One more day till Tuesday's announcement, and counting..................................................

Announcement? When did the announcement about the announcement happen?

post #7585 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Carmina soles:

Dainite (actually, it's not an proper Dainite, it's called Silver and is not produced by Harboro Rubber Co. Ltd)


Victory rubber sole (similar to Ridgeway)


Tomir sole (stitched on 3/4 rubber). We use these a lot, very popular.


Tramuntana sole, thin 3/4 rubber sole similar to Vibram Commando sole, bit not as heavy. We discontinued it and replaced it with the Victory sole because we had some clients complaining about the rubber tip of the sole being worn down (this is natural in that kind of sole but it caused us some grief).


Crepe sole. It's a little wobbly to walk and it's not very nice from an aesthetic point of view but it performs well on snow and ice.


Single leather.


York sole. We have phased this sole out because it causes issues in production and I feel the introduction of the Tomir has made it obsolete.


All Carmina soles comes if 3-4 different weights and most can be made with a storm welt. 360 welt can also be specified for most soles.

Leaves,

 

Does Carmina offer the true Ridgeway sole (not Victory, but actual Ridgeway)?

 

Thanks!

post #7586 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post
 

Announcement? When did the announcement about the announcement happen?


To be honest I can't specifically remember when the official announcement notifying us about the upcoming world changing announcement was going to occur, because things have been a Blurrrrrrrrrrrrr ever since. However I've been counting down the days and the hours ever since. LOL

 

 

We're just counting on @Leaves to deliver as usual.:slayer:

post #7587 of 23675
Spoiler tags please
post #7588 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Spoiler tags please


Who are you calling spoiled? LOL

post #7589 of 23675
I'm really hoping that Leaves wakes up at 12:01am Sweden to post his announcement. I took Tuesday off from work for the impending celebration.
post #7590 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Spoiler tags please

Sorry Ryden, can't plead I'm a newbie anymore, but I'm very tech challenged!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread