or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 505

post #7561 of 23713
Oh man, totally feeling the Halifax!!

Apparently the shanklin and the peccary Shafted Bonafé bb just weren't enough for my boot problem and now split toe lust is getting me. Maybe a suede Halifax (mocha), or something like mahogany cc.
post #7562 of 23713
GMTO doesn't exist. EG is MTO only
post #7563 of 23713
@JubeiSpiegel

Cheers! I love the Sinatra, but I think TG73 is too aggressive for my tastes. Might have to go with MH71.

But now that I've seen the Grant, I think I prefer that..and with 5 eyelets smile.gif
post #7564 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

@JubeiSpiegel

Cheers! I love the Sinatra, but I think TG73 is too aggressive for my tastes. Might have to go with MH71.

But now that I've seen the Grant, I think I prefer that..and with 5 eyelets smile.gif

All things change when you see the GG lasts in person.

I felt the same way about the TG73 until I was it in person, same thing for the MH71. Who knows, I might feel the same about the EG 202 if I saw it in person.

Either way, you can't go wrong with either GG last...
post #7565 of 23713
I'm eying the suede carmina double monks. Anyone have any info on the tomir sole and what's its benefits are?
post #7566 of 23713

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradp View Post

I'm eying the suede carmina double monks. Anyone have any info on the tomir sole and what's its benefits are?

The leather/rubber combination allows for more breathability and elegance than most full rubber soles (e.g Dainite or similar).

post #7567 of 23713
Thanks. Any plan for a restock on these? Looking for a uk 8.5
post #7568 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaktiebolaget View Post

Quote:
The leather/rubber combination allows for more breathability and elegance than most full rubber soles (e.g Dainite or similar).
I always thought Tomir was a rubber sole with a leather waist but you're saying it's more or less the other way around, a leather sole with rubber heel and topy?

To me, the difference in looks and elegance between my tomirs and single dainites is very small.
post #7569 of 23713
I find the sole discussion interesting, I am looking for something for NYC. Dainite is fine until the studs get packed with snow and then it's off to the races.
post #7570 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarkov View Post


I always thought Tomir was a rubber sole with a leather waist but you're saying it's more or less the other way around, a leather sole with rubber heel and topy?

To me, the difference in looks and elegance between my tomirs and single dainites is very small.

The front half of Tomir is rubber and the rear is leather with about half an inch of overlap just behind the rubber section. The heel stack is leather with a full rubber top lift. In my experience the Tomir is thinner than Carmina's single leather and seems quite hard wearing. The most elegant of the rubber options and from above barely distinguishable from a leather sole.

 

The thicker York is Rubber with a leather waist insert and heel stack. I find it feels more substantial than the Tomir, but is better suited to more casual styles.

 

Leaves, I recall reading that you will no longer be stocking the York sole. Is there a reason for this, please?

post #7571 of 23713
Leaves, the only thing I ask is that you post all of the Enzo MTOs as they come in (for future inspiration)
post #7572 of 23713
Anyone doing the Enzo button boots?
post #7573 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsha View Post

Anyone doing the Enzo button boots?
I placed my order in December for button boots, following specs:
#1 Chestnut museum calf upper
# 7 Hidro Walnut suede for the shaft
Cap toe
Single leather sole with brown edging
Model 2690
#4 Natural calf lining

Really looking forward to receiving them. Might place another order while the mto fee is being waved.
post #7574 of 23713
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger la Rock View Post

The front half of Tomir is rubber and the rear is leather with about half an inch of overlap just behind the rubber section. The heel stack is leather with a full rubber top lift. In my experience the Tomir is thinner than Carmina's single leather and seems quite hard wearing. The most elegant of the rubber options and from above barely distinguishable from a leather sole.

The thicker York is Rubber with a leather waist insert and heel stack. I find it feels more substantial than the Tomir, but is better suited to more casual styles.

Leaves, I recall reading that you will no longer be stocking the York sole. Is there a reason for this, please?

York soles gives them trouble in production. And the Tomir is a very similar type of product, used primarily for dressier type styles.

Now, for really bad snow and ice there's only a proper Vibram Commando sole that will do the job. Like on our Bonafè Monkey Boots. The one Carmina use is not a proper Vibram Commando, it's called Tarramuntana. A crepe sole will also get the job done because the rubber is so soft and will keep you from slipping on ice and snow. Ridgeway is ok but not as good as a proper Commando.


Edited by Leaves - 1/12/15 at 12:01am
post #7575 of 23713
who go through all the trouble for a york sole? does the leather midsole provide any kind of added support or function? or is it simple for looks? it seems superficial to add that level of detail to an outsole.

alden's commando sole is similar but the rubber is attached to a leather outsole and stitched on. both functional and easy to work with i imagine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread