Very nice! Great selection, Leaves.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 49post #721 of 2051410/7/13 at 6:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #722 of 2051410/7/13 at 6:51ampost #723 of 2051410/7/13 at 8:54ampost #724 of 2051410/7/13 at 8:58amQuote:Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson
This is because Horween has had real problems with dying their hatch grain, and yet haven't round a solution that make the color stay when being scratched or treated. Actually Gaziano & Girling strip all of their hatch grain leather down completely, and then redo the coloring themselves. They could basically order the hatch grain in just one color. This is probably why Leaves find the G&G hatch grain looking so different from Carminas.
That's interesting, can you tell me what you learned?
I see. Well you get what you paid for. I was very disappointed with both AS and Pediwear. Pediwear did not believe me and claimed that this was very unlikely to happen as the shoes would have been inspected first at the factory and then by Pediwear before the shipment. This clearly did not happen. I am putting my hatch grain purchases on hold for the time being. Right now I am interested more in pin grain or alpine grain colors.post #725 of 2051410/7/13 at 10:37ampost #726 of 2051410/7/13 at 11:11ampost #727 of 2051410/7/13 at 11:12ampost #728 of 2051410/7/13 at 11:36ampost #729 of 2051410/7/13 at 11:38amThread StarterQuote:
Please e-mail us at email@example.com and we'll make sure to send you some sample pics of cognac colored leathers. Bonafé has some really nice choices (and many) when it comes to picking the color.Quote:Quote:
Thanks for all the positive feedback, really appreciate it guys. I think a good fitting guide would help propel the brand here on SF, IMO Bonafé has huge potential.Quote:
These were unfortunately delayed (or led astray rather) by UPS and arrived only this afternoon, I will try to post pictures of these during Tuesday or Wednesday.post #730 of 2051410/7/13 at 11:47ampost #731 of 2051410/7/13 at 2:38pmpost #732 of 2051410/8/13 at 12:12ampost #733 of 2051410/8/13 at 2:10ampost #734 of 2051410/8/13 at 2:20amQuote:
Problem is that timing is awful now, too many expenses (and I just picked up that Carmina MTO). :( So, I'm not able to participate right now, maybe next month but then my Galway MTO arrives. Gah.post #735 of 2051410/8/13 at 2:46amThread StarterEnzo Bonafé fitting guide
As promised, here is a short fitting guide for Enzo Bonafé, I hope this helps. Of course, you can always e-mail us for further fitting advise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enzo Bonafé 363 last (round classic last)
This last fits similar to Carmina Forest although it has a higher instep and a tighter toebox. A high instep would be ideal for a good fit.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Forest but keep in mind that the instep is high.
Enzo Bonafé 2102 last (soft square last)
This last fits similar to Carmina Rain. It has a generous instep and the toebox is roomier than on the 363.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Rain.
Enzo Bonafé 946 last (chiseled last)
This last fits very similar to Carmina Rain in almost every regard. Just like the Carmina Rain, it is a generous last.
General recommendation: Stick to the same size as Carmina Rain.
For reference, this is what me and my store manager wears:
Carmina Rain: UK 11
Carmina Forest: UK 11.5
Carmina Simpson: UK 11.5
Edward Green: UK 11.5 F (82, 888, 606)
Gaziano & Girling: UK 11.5 F (all lasts except TG73)
Enzo Bonafé 363: UK 11.5
Enzo Bonafé 2102: UK 11
Enzo Bonafé 946: UK 11
Carmina Rain: UK 8.5
Carmina Forest: UK 9
Carmina Simpson: UK 9.5
Edward Green: UK 9.5E (82)
Edward Green: UK 9E (888 and 202)
Gaziano & Girling: UK 9.5 F (all lasts)
Enzo Bonafé 363: UK 9
Enzo Bonafé 2102: UK 8.5
Enzo Bonafé 946: UK 8.5
- Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1524 Active Users (400 Members and 1124 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 seconds ago
- › How do I tell which Zegna Tux I bought? 50 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...