I'm sure something could be arranged...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 433post #6482 of 2334612/6/14 at 4:51am
You only need three for a GMTO. And with the modest 15% single MTO fee (not to mention the already very attractive pricing) there is never a reason to wait on getting exactly the Bonafe you want when you want.post #6483 of 2334612/6/14 at 4:59ampost #6484 of 2334612/6/14 at 5:14amQuote:
I can't directly compare all of them, but I think my St. C. is more aggressively chiseled than either the Bonafe 363 MOD or the Bonafe 976.post #6485 of 2334612/6/14 at 5:26ampost #6486 of 2334612/6/14 at 6:19ampost #6487 of 2334612/6/14 at 6:20ampost #6488 of 2334612/6/14 at 6:33amThread Starterpost #6489 of 2334612/6/14 at 6:36amSorry to bother the thread, but I was hoping to canvass some sizing info on the Carmina Detroit last as I'm looking at that last pair of cognac shell derbies Skoak's got and wondering if they'll fit me.
I take an 8.5 in the Viberg 2030, Tricker's 4497s, Alden Barrie and Trubalance. Generally thicker socks with the two former, thinner with the two latter.
Would an 8.5 in the Carmina detroit be too long for me? (too narrow?). I'm a 9E (right) and 8.5D/E(left) on the brannock if that's any help.
I'm afraid I have no prior experience with Carmina lasts.
Anyone else care to share what they take in these lasts?
Thanks!post #6490 of 2334612/6/14 at 6:50ampost #6491 of 2334612/6/14 at 6:52ampost #6492 of 2334612/6/14 at 7:13amI feared as much. Oh well. Thanks guys.Quote:
Well I'm sure I could take an 8 in the 2030 as they are a little bit long on me to be honest. The 8.5 was taken because wanted to err on the side of caution, being unfamiliar with Viberg's sizing at the time. It was winter, and I was wearing thicker socks. Still, I don't mind the relative looseness in summer. A half sze too large and they're still my most comfortable boots.
The 8.5 UK in the Tricker's are as low as I'd want to go though - an 8 in those and my toes would probably be cramped right at the end of the boots, heels were enormous however.Quote:
I'm leaning on the 8 I think. I've accumulated too many pairs of footwear of late where I have wished for a little more room in the toes. That right foot needs a little more space in the toe box, lest the big toe scrape on the roof. I've often thought that a tall toeboxed Alt-Wien style shoe is best for me.
I am assuming that the Tricker's or perhaps the Viberg's are the widest compared to the Detroit. But where does the Barrie fit on this scale? I would assume that the Barrie is still wider than the Detroit, but obviously cannot say for sure.post #6493 of 2334612/6/14 at 8:44amQuote:Originally Posted by S K M
Speaking of your photos (which I btw think are very good quality) I can't help think there's always a photo of the shoe from above missing, where one can see the silhouette of the last. While not the most sexy of perspectives it's nevertheless the perspective you will see ones you start wearing them. But that's just a suggestion
It's a tough shot to get right if you want a close-up picture, a small change in the angle of the shot can make the shoes look either overly elongated or fat. Pics of the Bonafé wholecut on Google Image search, for example, are very different. I think the last (the 946?) is tough to photograph because of the chisel.
That being said, I pretty much always search for overheard shots of the shoes in interested in. So would love more of them if Skoak wrote so inclined!post #6494 of 2334612/6/14 at 10:14ampost #6495 of 2334612/6/14 at 10:22am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › Camel hair or cashmere? 3 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › US11D - BNIB Ron Rider Walker Lite in Grey Suede 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 10 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...