I was wondering about that visual too....if that is an accurate replica of what carminas looked like back in the day, they look much better than the shoes they make today (love the sharp curve on the outside of the left shoe....stunning.)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 42
Styleforum Top Pickspost #617 of 206109/3/13 at 10:43amThread StarterQuote:
I've inserted the Carmina logo too, I did not consider people would think they were Carmina shoes. The ad is from the 50s I think and this was way before Carmina was founded. Although the family who owns Carmina (Albaladejo) have been making shoes since something like 1860 or so, Carmina is considerably younger.post #618 of 206109/5/13 at 12:28amThread StarterThis model is going into the final stages if realization, order is being placed next week. We have asked for a dark Navy Shell so the result will be similar to the chukka pictured here. Pictures courtesy of SF member Calikid. E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.Quote:Originally Posted by Leaves
We've decided for a Navy Cordovan Chukka for our Fall Pre-Order Run.
This is a model I saw in the Carmina Thread a while back and fell in love with. Navy Cordovan is just so rich in color.
- Carmina model 708 three eyelet Chukka
- Navy Cordovan
- Detroit last
- Double Tomir Sole (rubber/leather combination sole) with storm welt
- Red lining
- 4320 SEK ex VAT, about $655 (5400 SEK inc. VAT)
This is what we're aiming for:
In order to participate in the Pre-order run we will require a 25% deposit. Sign-ups for the Carmina Fall 2013 pre-order run starts today and closes on September 8. Delivery will be around mid-November. Shoe trees optional at 640 ex VAT (800 inc. SWE VAT). Shipping 300 SEK - World Wide. Free shipping - Sweden, Denmark, Finland. EDIT: E-mail email@example.com for more info
Here are some more pictures provided by Calikid where the red lining is visible:post #619 of 206109/5/13 at 7:58pmpost #620 of 206109/7/13 at 8:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
This model is going into the final stages if realization, order is being placed next week. We have asked for a dark Navy Shell so the result will be similar to the chukka pictured here. Pictures courtesy of SF member Calikid. E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Here are some more pictures provided by Calikid where the red lining is visible:
I have been away from this thread for awhile so first I want to express my condolences on the loss of Adam.
Regarding the Tomir rubber sole, besides the different tread pattern, how does it differ from the York rubber sole?post #621 of 206109/8/13 at 12:29pmThread StarterQuote:
Thank you for your compassion.
It's mostly a pattern difference, and the heel is attached with nails and glued while the York was only attached with glue (the few York models Skoaktiebolaget still carry are now both glued and nailed at the heel, but I still prefer the Tomir better so we're phasing out the York).post #622 of 206109/9/13 at 12:05amThread Starterpost #623 of 206109/11/13 at 11:45ampost #624 of 206109/11/13 at 12:09pmpost #625 of 206109/11/13 at 3:37pmThread StarterRight here (X-post)!
Bona nit cavallers, as they say in Mallorquin. We just had a wonderful event at Skoaktiebolaget where we had the chance to meet clients, assembled journalists, bloggers and friends. We presented the following four new models from Carmina. I hope you like our new selection (follow embedded links for more info on each model).
Carmina Jumper Boot
Carmina Tanker Boot
Carmina Antiqued Burgundy Boot
Carmina Full Brogue Boot
Just PM me or e-mail if you need any assistance.post #626 of 206109/11/13 at 7:02pmpost #627 of 206109/12/13 at 2:40ampost #628 of 206109/12/13 at 2:49amQuote:Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson
The pics on Skoaktiebolagets site are really good, but here's a bunch of others on their new Carmina grain jumper boot, model 80184, which I picked up. Great shoes:
MORE PICTURES (Click to show)
Great shoes, great pictures. I'm picking up a pair after lunch myself 😊post #629 of 206109/12/13 at 2:52ampost #630 of 206109/12/13 at 8:30amQuote:
Looking good :) Grats on a great pair. Im still holding out for the Bonafe Suede Chukkas
- Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Creases on a doble-breasted suit 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 14 minutes ago
- › BASICALLY GIVING THIS AWAY: Eidos Napoli Tipo Teal/Char-Brown Linen... 15 minutes ago
- › What is my face shape ? 16 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 17 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?