The Galway is only made on the 82 and 64 lasts and (I think) the 202 last. 888 is not an option I'm afraid. The Nevis boot is similar and can be done on 888.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 5post #61 of 206063/7/13 at 8:42am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62 of 206063/7/13 at 9:18ampost #63 of 206063/7/13 at 9:41amQuote:
EG seem to have changed their MTO policy in the past year or so. There have been models we have asked for on different lasts and they simply say no. It seems now they prefer to keep the shape of the toe intact - usually a 202 can be made on 82 but not on 888 for example. The Top Drawer program is more flexible but only allows for single leather soles.post #64 of 206063/7/13 at 9:46ampost #65 of 206063/8/13 at 1:03amThread StarterQuote:
I just spoke to Edward Green and they strongly recommend that we do the Galway on either the 82 or 64 last. As Earnest suggests, EG have started to by very particular which lasts they make up their models in, it seems they were more flexible a few years back.
I have forwarded the question a bit higher up in the EG command chain and I hope to receive an answer by the end of next week.post #66 of 206063/8/13 at 3:54ampost #67 of 206063/8/13 at 4:32ampost #68 of 206063/8/13 at 4:50amThread StarterQuote:
We're going to phase out the York soles because they posed a bit of a problem in production. For this fall we will use three different soles for our rubber soled Carmina shoes and that's the good ol' fashioned Dainite, Commando soles and a sole called Tomir and this is similar to the York but more dressy.
Tomir sole:post #69 of 206063/8/13 at 5:51ampost #70 of 206063/8/13 at 10:11ampost #71 of 206063/8/13 at 11:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I have a loafer MTO with Tomir soles inbound, and I was hoping to break the news to the forum once they arrive... but you beat me to the punch!
Out of curiosity, what was the issue with York soles? They always struck me as too bulky for anything but boots.post #72 of 206063/8/13 at 1:39pmpost #73 of 206063/8/13 at 2:06pmpost #74 of 206063/8/13 at 2:56pmpost #75 of 206063/8/13 at 3:31pm
- Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Articles of Style shop? 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...