or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 379

post #5671 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1248 View Post
 

 

Shhhhhhh :fonz:. This service is only for customers that order +10 shoes a year. 


Shhhhhhhhhhhh

 

 

 

I'd gladly order 20 shoes if @Leaves would see fit to include a Patek Repeater next time. LOL

post #5672 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

3D, just took a quick count of boots and counted 5 pairs of burgundy shell captoe boots happy.gif

ooof

What's your total shoe count though
post #5673 of 23683
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

Whelp guess I'm in for the Galways and the Isham.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlind View Post

Just picked up a pair of Carmina Grain/Calf Balmoral Boots, saw that they already sold out in most sizes after only being online for a few hours! Must be one of the more popular models all time, been around for years and still sells out stupidly fast. Glad I managed to order them on my phone at work icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif On that note I must congratulate @Leaves
 on a very easy to use mobile site! 

Thanks for the feedback, great to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

I saw the G&G split toe make up in the dark brown kudu.  I noticed in the switch there is a light-colored kudu -- I think it is called acorn?  Is it possible to get the split toe in kudu, but in the light-colored kudu, not the dark one?

Sure you can, but that would have to be as a single MTO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

@MacktasticGDogg


Superb! That color is outstanding and the 804 looks like a winner. Great balanced shape.

@Leaves


Any idea if that Jodhpur design can be MTO'd to have the buckle lower (on the ankle) like the Carmina Jodhpur? Also, a wholecut in that gorgeous Aubergine calf would be delicious...just thinking outloud smile.gif

Can't wait to get my second pair of EBs. Pics soon. 

Yes, that's an option for a single MTO, no doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


Shhhhhhhhhhhh



I'd gladly order 20 shoes if @Leaves
 would see fit to include a Patek Repeater next time. LOL

No, no, no you got it all wrong. It's a free Paul Newman with every 10 MTOs. Sauce.
post #5674 of 23683
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
@MacktasticGDogg


Superb! That color is outstanding and the 804 looks like a winner. Great balanced shape.

@Leaves


Any idea if that Jodhpur design can be MTO'd to have the buckle lower (on the ankle) like the Carmina Jodhpur?
Also, a wholecut in that gorgeous Aubergine calf would be delicious...just thinking outloud smile.gif

Can't wait to get my second pair of EBs. Pics soon. 

We have a seamless wholcecut from Bonafé incoming in March in that exact color. On the 946 last. 6400 SEK ex VAT.
post #5675 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback, great to hear.
Sure you can, but that would have to be as a single MTO.
Yes, that's an option for a single MTO, no doubt.
No, no, no you got it all wrong. It's a free Paul Newman with every 10 MTOs. Sauce.

My idea would have sold more shoes. LOL

post #5676 of 23683

Any plans on extending the donation of watches to Vacheron Constantins? I'd like a Patrimony or Malte, please.

post #5677 of 23683

Maybe I missed it @Leaves, but do you have any Edward Greens due to arrive in the next few months?

post #5678 of 23683
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Maybe I missed it @Leaves
, but do you have any Edward Greens due to arrive in the next few months?

Only the Shannon VIII, that are heavily delayed, but we hope to get a partial delivery late next week,
post #5679 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD83 View Post

I love the new chiseled round last 74945. It's a nice alternative to square chisel toe shoes, which I have plenty of.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-balmoral-boot

I think this last would make an awesome oxford captoe, or another balmoral boot with a brown suede/brown calf combo.

Apparently it fits almost exactly like the Carmina Forest last, but @Skoaktiebolaget (Alex) and or @Leaves could confirm that.

I'd say that it fits close to Forest in general but with a notably roomier instep.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutombo View Post



Thanks for the advice gentlemen. Is it pretty common to size up a width in the 82 last?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post
 

 

The Skoak guys posted what they wear in different lasts:

 

Patrik
Carmina Rain: UK 11
Carmina Forest: UK 11.5
Carmina Simpson: UK 11.5
Edward Green: UK 11.5 F (82, 888, 606)
Gaziano & Girling: UK 11.5 F (all lasts except TG73)
Enzo Bonafé 363: UK 11.5
Enzo Bonafé 2102: UK 11
Enzo Bonafé 946: UK 11

 

Gabriel
Carmina Rain: UK 8.5
Carmina Forest: UK 9
Carmina Simpson: UK 9.5
Edward Green: UK 9.5E (82)
Edward Green: UK 9E (888 and 202)
Gaziano & Girling: UK 9.5 F (all lasts)
Enzo Bonafé 363: UK 9
Enzo Bonafé 2102: UK 8.5
Enzo Bonafé 946: UK 8.5 

 

Another: 

 

Carmina
Rain: UK 8
Forest: UK 8
Oscar: UK 8
Robert: UK 8
Simpson: UK 8.5

 

Edward Green
202: UK 8 E
82: UK 8 F
184: UK 8 E
888: UK 8 F
606: UK 8 E

Sizing and fitting is entirely individual. It's not a general recommendation to size up or take a different width in the 82 last, but it's sometimes the case. For sizing & fitting inquiries, please e-mail us at sales@skoaktiebolaget.se.

 

Please note that our respective sizing charts don't constitute any general recommendations. 

post #5680 of 23683
Hey guys, Bonafe has Chelsea boots too, here is the pick Gabriel sent me.

post #5681 of 23683

Gentlemen. I know we just recently did a Enzo Bonafè modified model 3200 GMTO. And according to SkoAB's staff, it garnered much interest (7 people joined).

 

But I'm considering yet another GMTO and wanted to check if there's any interest. I visited SkoAB this week and took a look at Bonafè's lasts and leathers, and grew fond of Bracken museum calf. Bracken is a mid brown color and the musem calf equivalent of Bolet seen here http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0277/2511/products/DSC_9523_1024x1024.jpg?v=1411638432

Bracken is the third from left in this picture http://cdn.styleforum.net/3/32/328ab4a1_MUSEUM.jpeg

 

Having done a modified model 3200 just recently (http://cdn.styleforum.net/d/d5/500x1000px-LL-d5b7fbde_2.jpeg) I thought we could do either model 3200 (http://cdn.styleforum.net/a/a1/350x700px-LL-a1b2ed8a_Art--3200-2.jpeg) or 3202 (http://cdn.styleforum.net/6/6b/6b1a2d60_image.jpeg)

 

I've not decided which model I'd like yet.

 

Maker: Enzo Bonafè

Last: 946

Model: 3200 or 3202

Color: Bracken

Sole: Single leather sole

 

Thoughts?

post #5682 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post
 

Gentlemen. I know we just recently did a Enzo Bonafè modified model 3200 GMTO. And according to SkoAB's staff, it garnered much interest (7 people joined).

 

But I'm considering yet another GMTO and wanted to check if there's any interest. I visited SkoAB this week and took a look at Bonafè's lasts and leathers, and grew fond of Bracken museum calf. Bracken is a mid brown color and the musem calf equivalent of Bolet seen here http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0277/2511/products/DSC_9523_1024x1024.jpg?v=1411638432

Bracken is the third from left in this picture http://cdn.styleforum.net/3/32/328ab4a1_MUSEUM.jpeg

 

Having done a modified model 3200 just recently (http://cdn.styleforum.net/d/d5/500x1000px-LL-d5b7fbde_2.jpeg) I thought we could do either model 3200 (http://cdn.styleforum.net/a/a1/350x700px-LL-a1b2ed8a_Art--3200-2.jpeg) or 3202 (http://cdn.styleforum.net/6/6b/6b1a2d60_image.jpeg)

 

I've not decided which model I'd like yet.

 

Maker: Enzo Bonafè

Last: 946

Model: 3200 or 3202

Color: Bracken

Sole: Single leather sole

 

Thoughts?

Digging the 3202. Would be superb in museum. What is the 946 last like. I'm utterly confused by the EB lasts.

post #5683 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljlakers View Post
 

Digging the 3202. Would be superb in museum. What is the 946 last like. I'm utterly confused by the EB lasts.

Here are two shoes currently in SkoAB's stock on the 946 last:

1. http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-museum-calf-austerity-brogue

2. http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-wholecut-in-etrusco-calf

 

We did a GMTO recently on the same last. Here are some pictures: http://cdn.styleforum.net/d/d5/900x900px-LL-d5b7fbde_2.jpeghttp://cdn.styleforum.net/e/ec/900x900px-LL-ec8a1c0b_Bonafe-3200MOD-Vitello-Giamaica-01.jpeg

 

It's described as a chiseled last.

 

I don't mind the 3202 model. I'm just trying to figure out how a wingtip would present itself on the 946-last because of the sharp/built up sides extending to the waist. The sharp sides are best seen in the following two pictures: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0277/2511/products/Enzo-Bonafe-3724-Claret-MC-02_1024x1024.jpg?v=1413556319http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0277/2511/products/Enzo-Bonafe-3724-Claret-MC-05_1024x1024.jpg?v=1413556319

 

I'm afraid that the sharp sides wouldn't match the soft lines of the wingtip creating a mismatch.

Are you interested in 3202 only or 3200 also?

post #5684 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post
 

Here are two shoes currently in SkoAB's stock on the 946 last:

1. http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-museum-calf-austerity-brogue

2. http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-wholecut-in-etrusco-calf

 

We did a GMTO recently on the same last. Here are some pictures: http://cdn.styleforum.net/d/d5/900x900px-LL-d5b7fbde_2.jpeghttp://cdn.styleforum.net/e/ec/900x900px-LL-ec8a1c0b_Bonafe-3200MOD-Vitello-Giamaica-01.jpeg

 

It's described as a chiseled last.

 

I don't mind the 3202 model. I'm just trying to figure out how a wingtip would present itself on the 946-last because of the sharp/built up sides extending to the waist. The sharp sides are best seen in the following two pictures: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0277/2511/products/Enzo-Bonafe-3724-Claret-MC-02_1024x1024.jpg?v=1413556319http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0277/2511/products/Enzo-Bonafe-3724-Claret-MC-05_1024x1024.jpg?v=1413556319

 

I'm afraid that the sharp sides wouldn't match the soft lines of the wingtip creating a mismatch.

Are you interested in 3202 only or 3200 also?

Probably only interested in 3202 as I have too many captoes as it is. I think the austerity brogue you references shows that it can work nicely, but I definitely understand your concerns. Keep me posted. I'm not a definite at this point, but definitely interested.

post #5685 of 23683
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Big thanks to skoaktiebolaget and leaves. They are a pleasure to work with. Great makeups, even better customer service.

A few post office pics of the Carmina frankenstitch boot
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Respect to @stmaier who was the guy who made up the original Frankenstitch boot on Burgundy Cordovan. I had seen the style before, but never in Cordovan, and his MTO inspired us to do the style as a GMTO and then as a RTW style.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread