or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 359

post #5371 of 23675
Did the Dark Oak Nevis GMTO ever get off the ground?
post #5372 of 23675
Serious question for @Leaves , was there a specific reason EG canceled/stopped their GMTO program? Is it true that SF really can't have nice things...?
post #5373 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Serious question for @Leaves , was there a specific reason EG canceled/stopped their GMTO program? Is it true that SF really can't have nice things...?


Yeah, we want nice things.

post #5374 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdragon View Post

Did the Dark Oak Nevis GMTO ever get off the ground?


Wasn't aware that this was tried. The Mahogany CC Nevis did get off the ground however.

post #5375 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


Wasn't aware that this was tried. The Mahogany CC Nevis did get off the ground however.
It was somewhere way back in the thread....Last year when i checked Jermyn Streets only had had it made up in country calf. I would love a pair in Dark Oak, on a H/AF Sole (basically a Dover Boot)
post #5376 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdragon View Post


It was somewhere way back in the thread....Last year when i checked Jermyn Streets only had had it made up in country calf. I would love a pair in Dark Oak, on a H/AF Sole (basically a Dover Boot)


Great looking boot. Unfortunately GMTOs with EG are no longer possible though, at least for now anyway.

 

I'm seriously thinking about a Nevis in Rosewood CC.

post #5377 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 


Unfortunately GMTOs with EG are no longer possible though, at least for now anyway.

 

Wait a second. When did this happen? And why pray tell? I am glad the Zug boots made it before the cut, if true. Although single MTOs are much easier to coordinate.  

post #5378 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post
 

 

Wait a second. When did this happen? And why pray tell? I am glad the Zug boots made it before the cut, if true. Although single MTOs are much easier to coordinate.  


Not too long ago. The single MTO is extremely easy to coordinate, and a fabulous way to get exactly what you want if no one else cares to join. They just aren't as much fun.

post #5379 of 23675
So, Patrik....What might you be interested in "stocking" next and how may pairs constitutes a "stock" order in EG's eyes?
post #5380 of 23675
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Serious question for @Leaves , was there a specific reason EG canceled/stopped their GMTO program? Is it true that SF really can't have nice things...?

We were given new guidlines a while back in regards of "GMTOs". We comply because we respect our friends over at EG. I don't believe it is up to me to try and explain the reason for this new policy, I feel that is best done by an EG rep.

We can still do pre-order runs so I'll just have to work harder to find stuff that you guys want. I'm visiting EG in December, hoping to find some inspiration there, I usually try to scurry around the leather rooms and archives of our suppliers to find the good stuff. smile.gif Also, some of the best GMTOs were all created by Styleforum members, like the Zugglet, Carmina Frankenstitch, Willow Dover to name a few and I'm always open to suggestion. Always. Just PM me if you have any good ideas.
post #5381 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

So, Patrik....What might you be interested in "stocking" next and how may pairs constitutes a "stock" order in EG's eyes?


Yes, yes, "The Enabler" has spoken.

post #5382 of 23675

Is it possible now to use Deco Green calf on G&G benchmade GMTO? I once did it and I want another pair now:foo: 

post #5383 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2000r View Post
 

Is it possible now to use Deco Green calf on G&G benchmade GMTO? I once did it and I want another pair now:foo: 

 

What the hell is Deco Green Calf?  Need pics....NOW

post #5384 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

So, Patrik....What might you be interested in "stocking" next and how may pairs constitutes a "stock" order in EG's eyes?

When I pitch GMTO I always take in the account retailers host market so they can hopefully order few extra items to sell wider audience. I think Skoaktiebolaget does wonderful job offering a wide variety of choices in different price ranges. This is probably a trade secret as it should be but sometimes I wonder what percentage of the Skoak sales is outside of Sweden. From what I have seen when I was in Stockholm Swedes appreciate fashion and well built things, but the market for shoes in nontraditional colors is probably limited.

Anyways I regret that Skoak was not open in 2010 but the trip was not total loss. I did managed to snag a pair of Crockett and Jones Purple collection boots from Rose & Born.
post #5385 of 23675
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post
 

 

What the hell is Deco Green Calf?  Need pics....NOW

*

 

*

 

Almost black indoor, beautiful green shade under sunlight and direct shine by lamp.

 

Exact same setting with swan neck wanted (Oxford in MH71)

 

I suspect black wax on racing green but we don't need to polish ourselves in this case, right?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread