or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 315

post #4711 of 23832

Alexander from Skoak has kindly sent me swatches of available suede from bonafe for our perusal with regards to the bonafe bal boot gmto i proposed. To those who expressed some interest @MGD83 @toblov @Goodman, feel free to give your comments. 

 

 

i feel the first from the right might provide minimal contrast. or maybe even the dark brown on the left of the red suede. 

 

 

nth here catches my eye. they look rougher (for a lack of better word) than the first swatch above. 

post #4712 of 23832
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllick View Post
 

Alexander from Skoak has kindly sent me swatches of available suede from bonafe for our perusal with regards to the bonafe bal boot gmto i proposed. To those who expressed some interest @MGD83 @toblov @Goodman, feel free to give your comments. 

 

 

i feel the first from the right might provide minimal contrast. or maybe even the dark brown on the left of the red suede. 

 

 

nth here catches my eye. they look rougher (for a lack of better word) than the first swatch above. 

I vote for a black/black boot.

post #4713 of 23832
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviMay View Post


Forest last, black calf upper with black suede shaft, punch cap balmoral boot. . Pretty negotiable on everything else: Dainite or leather sole, exposed or blind eyelets, speed hooks or not.

 

Last : Forest
upper : Black Calf (Maybe cordovan?)
shaft : Black suede
Sole : Dainite
Speed Hooks : Yes
fit : E (normal fitting)

I will going with you to GMTO

post #4714 of 23832
Anyone know where to source basketball or football leather like the image below from Leffot's website? Thinking a MTO chukka in baseball leather for next fall.

post #4715 of 23832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Anyone know where to source basketball or football leather like the image below from Leffot's website? Thinking a MTO chukka in baseball leather for next fall.

since that is Leffots not sure if this is the thread to post your question. In any case, AFAIK Allen Edmonds currently makes 3 different shoes using Horweens football leather. You can probably ask them to MTO a chukka with this leather for you.

Sorry for the OT.
post #4716 of 23832
I see a lot of interests for the Bonafe MTO. Here is my idea a modified Adelaide on 946 last in blue calf. Any interest? Maybe Justin @Handmadeshoes is interested biggrin.gif

This shoe


In this color the blue color right next to black.

post #4717 of 23832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Thinking a MTO chukka in baseball leather for next fall.

White leather with red stitching? :tounge: 

post #4718 of 23832

Kind of funny to see all of this talk about "fuck you' boots that cost high-three figures to mid-four figures.  Anyone who can spend that much on one pair of showy shoes is definitely part of The Man.  The buyer is not saying "fuck you" to anyone.  He is saying "I want to look stylish, and I am such a big-balled success that I just dropped $1,000 large (or more) on a completely non-essential, pure luxury item." 

 

I am all for these shoes as much as the next Style Forum member.  But it is hard for me to believe I am manning the ramparts, or thumbing my nose at anyone.

post #4719 of 23832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macs View Post

White leather with red stitching? tounge.gif  

Rawlings MTO icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #4720 of 23832
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

since that is Leffots not sure if this is the thread to post your question. In any case, AFAIK Allen Edmonds currently makes 3 different shoes using Horweens football leather. You can probably ask them to MTO a chukka with this leather for you.

Sorry for the OT.

I was thinking one of Skoak's suppliers has a leather that's similar, maybe it was a pebble grain.
post #4721 of 23832
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

Kind of funny to see all of this talk about "fuck you' boots that cost high-three figures to mid-four figures.  Anyone who can spend that much on one pair of showy shoes is definitely part of The Man.  The buyer is not saying "fuck you" to anyone.  He is saying "I want to look stylish, and I am such a big-balled success that I just dropped $1,000 large (or more) on a completely non-essential, pure luxury item." 

I am all for these shoes as much as the next Style Forum member.  But it is hard for me to believe I am manning the ramparts, or thumbing my nose at anyone.

It's just an expression for bold footwear, not a call for social defiance.
post #4722 of 23832
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Thanks! You measure 8.5D, right?

I'm TTS 8E
Barrie 8D/7.5E
Oscar 7.5UK (fits like Rain, allegedly)
Yes, I measure 8.5D TTS.
post #4723 of 23832
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post
 

Kind of funny to see all of this talk about "fuck you' boots that cost high-three figures to mid-four figures.  Anyone who can spend that much on one pair of showy shoes is definitely part of The Man.  The buyer is not saying "fuck you" to anyone.  He is saying "I want to look stylish, and I am such a big-balled success that I just dropped $1,000 large (or more) on a completely non-essential, pure luxury item." 

 

I am all for these shoes as much as the next Style Forum member.  But it is hard for me to believe I am manning the ramparts, or thumbing my nose at anyone.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post


It's just an expression for bold footwear, not a call for social defiance.

 

What RogerP said.

 

I do not believe you (we) are thumbing our nose or asserting our dominance over the masses via our choice of footwear.

 

These are just a departure from my typical shoe so I was looking for some feedback on their versatility. For some that flash of grey is very subtle for me it it's a little bold and I don't want to stray too far from my comfort zone.

post #4724 of 23832
What w
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllick View Post

Alexander from Skoak has kindly sent me swatches of available suede from bonafe for our perusal with regards to the bonafe bal boot gmto i proposed. To those who expressed some interest @MGD83
 @toblov
 @Goodman
, feel free to give your comments. 




i feel the first from the right might provide minimal contrast. or maybe even the dark brown on the left of the red suede. 




nth here catches my eye. they look rougher (for a lack of better word) than the first swatch above. 
What would be the price for a bonafe black cordovan and black suede combo?
post #4725 of 23832
Any restock of the G&G St. James II in vintage cherry anytime soon?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread