or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 298

post #4456 of 23712
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Yea. I'm ok with it.

 

You never had any bals to begin with.

 

:rimshot:

 

Thank you SF, you've been great….

post #4457 of 23712
Burgundy museum that's almost black? My credit card just jumped right outta my wallet. I swear.
post #4458 of 23712
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

You never had any bals to begin with.

rimshot.gif

Thank you SF, you've been great….
And I never will...
post #4459 of 23712

I'm not a fan of that last on a boot and that particular sole on a boot either.

post #4460 of 23712
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


And I never will...

 

I hear you on that.  I love the look of bal boots but just don't think I'd get enough wear out of them to justify them.  Bal shoes - have plenty.

 

For the type of boot you were considering, this model probably wouldn't scratch the itch.

post #4461 of 23712
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post
 

Can someone tell me how the Rain last fits compared to Alden Barrie?  I just got a new pair of Alden 990's in size 8.5D and they are a touch big.  I could either probably just get a bit thicker dress socks, or wait a few months for a size 8D.   Or get these http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/boots/products/carmina-cordovan-chukka

 

I like the shape of the Rain last better than Aldens, just not sure about fit. 

 

Thanks.


Saw you meant Detroit last, so editing my response.

 

Barrie and Detroit are similar fitting lasts - full in forefoot and toe box.  I wear an "e" width in barrie, and Detroit lasted shoe fit a tiny bit more snug than a barrie shoe with "e" width, but not much. 

 

The rule of thumb is barrie-lasted shoes are .5 size down from brannock size and Carmina shoes  go down one full size from Brannock size.  For example, my brannock size is 7.5E.  I wear 7E in barrie-lasted shoes and 6.5 in detroit-lasted shoes.  

 

If your real barrie size is 8D, I would think your brannock size would be 8.5D and you would likely wear a 7.5 detroit-lasted shoes. 


Edited by aldenwear - 9/24/14 at 7:52pm
post #4462 of 23712
Rain last is a bit strange for general boots (too style-forward and angular), but with this special model it works perfectly!

What a thoroughly dandy boot, nicely done SkoAB team!
post #4463 of 23712
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post
 


Saw you meant Detroit last, so editing my response.

 

Barrie and Detroit are similar fitting lasts - full in forefoot and toe box.  I wear an "e" width in barrie, and Detroit lasted shoe fit a tiny bit more snug than a barrie shoe with "e" width, but not much. 

 

The rule of thumb is barrie-lasted shoes are .5 size down from brannock size and Carmina shoes  go down one full size from Brannock size.  For example, my brannock size is 7.5E.  I wear 7E in barrie-lasted shoes and 6.5 in detroit-lasted shoes.  

 

If your real barrie size is 8D, I would think your brannock size would be 8.5D and you would likely wear a 7.5 detroit-lasted shoes. 

 

Thanks.  I will try the 7UK Detroit and see how that goes.  I have seen some people use that size conversion from Barrie last and also say that Rain and Detroit differ by a half size.  So that all seems to make sense.  If it's too small, I will try to snag the 7.5 if it is still available.

post #4464 of 23712
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD83 View Post

I'm sensing a re-run of those boots in several colours smile.gif

Sadly, not until the Shell situation changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

A quick - and possibly foolish - question about sizing:

If I take a UK9 in Carmina's Rain last, can I reasonably assume that I'll also take a UK9 in the Detroit last?

Especially given that the Detroit last is used for derbies, I assume that it's going to be a more forgiving fit than the Rain last anyway, and thus I should be fine, but I thought that I'd double-check before plonking down some cash.

Thanks, all.

They fit differently but similar, so yes the general recommendation is to use the same size for Detroit as for rain.
post #4465 of 23712
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

would be great in calf or suede some mixture


Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

^^^ I'd love to see a calf version of the u-wing boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


I've always liked these.

Also maybe easier to do with the cordovan shortage.

You guys need to keep an eye on our website and this thread the next 12 hours. smile.gif
post #4466 of 23712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post



You guys need to keep an eye on our website and this thread the next 12 hours. smile.gif

Do you hear the voice of doak Nevis boots smile.gif
post #4467 of 23712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

They fit differently but similar, so yes the general recommendation is to use the same size for Detroit as for rain.

 

 

Thank you very much, Patrik.

post #4468 of 23712
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2000r View Post

Do you hear the voice of doak Nevis boots smile.gif

No, but let's just say that Bonafé has an interpretation of a boot similar to the Crisp above, that in my opinion is more elegant.

If you're a Nevis lover and welling to switch to G&G we do have the Thorpe in Arran Grain being launched today too.
post #4469 of 23712
^ I cannot wait to see the bonafe and also the Thorpe. Both revealed today? Praise Christ I have large feet otherwise if be out on the streets living in a shoe box house
post #4470 of 23712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

No, but let's just say that Bonafé has an interpretation of a boot similar to the Crisp above, that in my opinion is more elegant.

If you're a Nevis lover and welling to switch to G&G we do have the Thorpe in Arran Grain being launched today too.
G&G E width is Too narrow for me...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread