or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 154

post #2296 of 23739
RogerP - I hear you. I need another derby boot, esp on a leather sole, like, well... it doesn't matter. I'm in on this - it won't be the St. C. but seeing that boot was like finding religion and I am quite confident Bonafe will do great work. Maybe a MTO Bonafe bal boot will be next for me if I don't order those Shannons. It's funny - I thought I'd be ordering loafers as spring approached but I'm just not able to stop with the boots.
post #2297 of 23739

I can't stop with boots either!  I predict you'll be delighted with these.  I'm certainly tickled pink with the tan version.

post #2298 of 23739
The Shannon boots now on pre-order do NOT come with shoe trees already included in the price, correct? Apologies if this has been covered already, but what has been general experience with duties when ordering from the US?
post #2299 of 23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

The Shannon boots now on pre-order do NOT come with shoe trees already included in the price, correct? Apologies if this has been covered already, but what has been general experience with duties when ordering from the US?

You won't get any duties (or at least very very low chance as it's through USPS)
post #2300 of 23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

The Shannon boots now on pre-order do NOT come with shoe trees already included in the price, correct? Apologies if this has been covered already, but what has been general experience with duties when ordering from the US?

Two shipments from Skoak to California via Swedish Post/USPS, no duties.
post #2301 of 23739
Quick question.
Is the shipping included in the USD conversion app or is just the VAT taken out? Thanks!
post #2302 of 23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

 

Cool idea - Bonafe boots are a screaming value, IMO.  I'd be down with this but have a greater need for bal boots at present.  I hope this takes off and would be keen to see the result.

 

ddd's St. C's are just outrageous.  Probably my all time fave derby boot in the history of the world. :)

I Luv that Bonafe Boot, just the way it is. Great grab Roger.

post #2303 of 23739

^^^ Cheers my man.

post #2304 of 23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

@budapest12, very tempting, but need a dressy bal boot more. I have two outstanding GMTO orders with Skoak already for derby boots and another in transit from GF.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

RogerP - I hear you. I need another derby boot, esp on a leather sole, like, well... it doesn't matter. I'm in on this - it won't be the St. C. but seeing that boot was like finding religion and I am quite confident Bonafe will do great work. Maybe a MTO Bonafe bal boot will be next for me if I don't order those Shannons. It's funny - I thought I'd be ordering loafers as spring approached but I'm just not able to stop with the boots.

 

Was about to order a single MTO bal boot but perhaps there's interest for a GMTO?

 

 

Captoe bal boot

 

 

Antiqued burgundy upper, 2102 soft chiseled last, beveled black sole

 

Black suede shaft, 5 blind eyelets + 4 speed hooks.

 

Would anyone be interested in joint for this or something similar?

post #2305 of 23739
^^^ sounds interesting. I'm not sure the black suede is grabbing me - I'll try to dig up some web pics of similar combos if I can find them.

I know I would be down with all burgundy calf. Heck, they could just turn that shoe into a tall bal boot and I'd be a happy guy.
post #2306 of 23739

Burgundy with black suede?  Not for me, but I do wish you luck.  I will definitely be interested in seeing how they turn out.

post #2307 of 23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

^^^ sounds interesting. I'm not sure the black suede is grabbing me - I'll try to dig up some web pics of similar combos if I can find them.

I know I would be down with all burgundy calf. Heck, they could just turn that shoe into a tall bal boot and I'd be a happy guy.

 

Absolutely up for changing to all burgundy calf.  Would prefer no medallion but otherwise agree re: changing that shoe into a tall bal boot.

post #2308 of 23739
I can live without the medallion, you okay with the brogueing? I think it would add a nice touch of texture.
post #2309 of 23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I can live without the medallion, you okay with the brogueing? I think it would add a nice touch of texture.

Yep, I had been debating adding brogueing anyway.

post #2310 of 23739
Cool, well that's two in quickly, let's see if we can scare up a third.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread