or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1524

post #22846 of 23704
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexxdeleon View Post

Would love to see some side profile pictures of those if anyone already has them, on the fence about how Bonafe's high instep lasts look on a chukka. Might prefer to go with a maker with a lower instep last with a chukka, would likely fit my fit better as well.

A couple examples on Skoak's Web site.
post #22847 of 23704
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post


A couple examples on Skoak's Web site.

 

Ah I guess more specifically, I'm looking for a photo that is perpendicular to the side of the shoe, like the ones I posted a few posts up. The photo's I've seen so far are all at a slight angle.

post #22848 of 23704
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexxdeleon View Post
 

 

Ah I guess more specifically, I'm looking for a photo that is perpendicular to the side of the shoe, like the ones I posted a few posts up. The photo's I've seen so far are all at a slight angle.

 

Not sure you're going to find many ground-level profile shots, but you never know.  I think something like this should give you more than a fair idea of what the shoes look like in profile. Different last on this particular example, but the suede chukkas are on 74945

 

 

Hosting provided by FotoTime 

post #22849 of 23704
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

 

Not sure you're going to find many ground-level profile shots, but you never know.  I think something like this should give you more than a fair idea of what the shoes look like in profile. Different last on this particular example, but the suede chukkas are on 74945

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hosting provided by FotoTime 

 

Ah yes, that's essentially what I was looking for. I somehow overlooked finding it on their site, thanks!

post #22850 of 23704
Thread Starter 
Clarification regarding the Enzo Bonafé "Split Toe" style reference 3964 which we now have to call a "Enzo Bonafé Reverse Stitch Derby" or something similar. This is a short description how the construction is made. Please note that the description has been transcribed through a Skype meeting, and as you all know English is not our first language, nor is it Massimo Bonafé's.

"The leather is not split, as compared to the 2475MOD model, which has two pieces of leather combined in one stitching. The stitching on the 3964 model is made by a thread being stitched on the ”back side” of the upper leather. The lady who makes these stitching inserts the thread and needle without passing through the upper to the other side. The thread stays in between the leather and she has a very, very small margin to make this work. If she makes even a tiny error, the upper is ruined, which is why it is very tome consuming and delicate work. We would call the technique reversed stitch (freely translated from Italian)."
post #22851 of 23704

9 new styles just launched: 

 

Fresh from Carlos Santos: 

 

Carlos Santos Acorn Derby Boot

 

Carlos Santos Plain Toe Suede Boot​

 

Carlos Santos Field Boot​

 

Carlos Santos Suede Wingtip Derby​

 

Fresh from Carmina: 

 

Carmina Black Jodhpur Boot

 

Fresh from Gaziano & Girling:

 

Gaziano & Girling Suede Glencoe

 

And a little special treat from Enzo Bonafè care of Dandy Shoe Care:

 

Enzo Bonafé By Dandy Shoe Care - Chameleon

 

Enzo Bonafé By Dandy Shoe Care - Chestnut​

 

Enzo Bonafé By Dandy Shoe Care - Burgundy​

 

Kind regards,

 

Oliver

post #22852 of 23704
The CS field boots are just amazing. Very elegantly executed!

Also, @RogerP's steps are wondering where their royalties are 😆
post #22853 of 23704

Is that Tarnsjo leather on the new Bonafe & Dandy ShoeCare boots?

post #22854 of 23704
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino68 View Post

The CS field boots are just amazing. Very elegantly executed!

Also, @RogerP's steps are wondering where their royalties are 😆

 

^^^ :lol:

 

Terrific new drops - and I agree with you on the CS field boots - very tempting.  Love the Dandy Shoe Care derby boots as well.

post #22855 of 23704

CS Field Boots for the win!

post #22856 of 23704
The CS selection SkoaB has put together is commendable!
The light brown suede boots look terrific as well.
post #22857 of 23704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbayvip View Post
 

Is that Tarnsjo leather on the new Bonafe & Dandy ShoeCare boots?

No, this is a Inca grain and available as a standard selection from Bonafè's swatches.

post #22858 of 23704
post #22859 of 23704

Does CS do MTO?

 

Looking for a grain winter boot but need a storm welt and victory sole for the ice/slush.

post #22860 of 23704
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

Does CS do MTO?

Looking for a grain winter boot but need a storm welt and victory sole for the ice/slush.

Sorry, no, they do not offer MTO, only their Patina Service.
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/carlos-santos/products/carlos-santos-patina-service

Their Jumper Boot option is one of our most sold Patina styles. Some teasers:





New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread