or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 152

post #2266 of 23713
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

This will go down in history as the weekend Patrik thought up a revolutionary new idea: Loafers made up entirely of Doritos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

That is, if he remembers to come back.  

I did make up a sh*t load of awesome new models this weekend in Amsterdam but I forgot about 'em all. But we'll definitely stock something in croc soon. Remember that we have an Adelaide coming in soon in partial croc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD83 View Post

Did all 3 guys participating in the Vader wholecut pay the account yet? I'm hoping I'll be wearing it in 3 months time

Yes, just waiting for one member to confirm size, hoping to send the order tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

These are a mix of materials, but it's probably better to use Carmina brown boots as a starting point for colour reference: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
orig.jpgmedium800.jpgorig.jpgmedium800.jpgorig.jpg 

Unfortunately none of those pictures are very representative, mostly because we have now changed our settings when shooting to be more IRL-like. Also, a few of those photos are of Horween Chromexcel and one in Cognac Cordovan.

This is a good shot of what most "vegano marron" (what we call "brown calf" in English) shoes look like, although you have to realize that there might be color variations between different batches, this is just the way it is with these types of products. The Carmina Chelsea boot posted by RogerP is actually also "vegano marron" but a dark batch.


If one wants something close to Edward Green Dark Oak, that would be vegano marron antique. But the finish is much better in an Edward Green shoe, of course. Please do not expect the same superb finish for a Carmina pair, totally different price level after all. The Berkeley posted earlier is from a light batch of Dark Oak, it's usually darker. This is a very good example of a Dark Oak in natural light and after som wear, from @gusvs :


Carmina vegano marron antiqued:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper88 View Post


I don't even think they'll be that expensive. Crocodile isn't priced extremely, gator is. I've read somewhere that Carmina charges about 20% more for crocodile than they do for shell. Since it's only a small piece, I think the pricing should be quite reasonable, considering they can easily use scraps and hides with faults that can't be used for wholecuts. If they keep a realistic surcharge that is.

If we were to stock something in croc it would be about 6700 SEK (~820 USD ex VAT) compared to 3400 SEK calf or suede (~420 USD ex VAT).
post #2267 of 23713
Had a nice weekend Patrik?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

If one wants something close to Edward Green Dark Oak, that would be vegano marron antique. But the finish is much better in an Edward Green shoe, of course. Please do not expect the same superb finish for a Carmina pair, totally different price level after all. The Berkeley posted earlier is from a light batch of Dark Oak, it's usually darker. 


Yes, that's fair enough, I wasn't really focussing on the finish and antiquing, but most just on the colour.

Interesting that you mention vegano marron, that colour really didn't come to mind at all.

Just found this shot after searching around for vegano marron:

 

They do appear to be quite similar indeed :)
 

post #2268 of 23713
Patrik, do you have any examples of what Carmina calls Natur Marron?
post #2269 of 23713
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper88 View Post


Yes, that's fair enough, I wasn't really focussing on the finish and antiquing, but most just on the colour.
Interesting that you mention vegano marron, that colour really didn't come to mind at all.


Just found this shot after searching around for vegano marron: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 
They do appear to be quite similar indeed smile.gif

 

That is an Edward Green shoe called Berkeley in dark Oak. smile.gif
post #2270 of 23713

I am thinking of ordering a Bonafe derby boot MTO, is anyone interested in a group MTO for the following?

 

The idea is to have something similar to this Saint Crispin's boot:

 

pcboot1

 

This Bonafe model, with double rows of stitching and a row of stitching by the eyelets (as in the St. C model):

 

http://i.imgur.com/CxnLF37.jpg

 

- 2102 soft chiseled last

- Norvegese welt

- Natural sole edge

- Double leather sole (could potentially do dainite)

- Regular width

 

For the leather, either:

- Brown shell cordovan upper and shaft (would be 7,580 SEK ex-VAT including worldwide shipping, ~$1,185), or

- Dark brown calf upper with lighter brown grained calf shaft (would be 4,700 SEK ex-VAT including worldwide shipping, ~$735)

post #2271 of 23713

^ Good god - I may have to sell everything I own to get those St. Crispin's.  I mean… HOLY…   

 

Ok, well, I would not be in if it is in shell, but I may have interest if the whole thing is in dark brown calf.  Though I am sorry that you cannot hold me to anything right now because my judgment has been seriously altered - possibly forever - by the sight of that Stc.

post #2272 of 23713
Leaves, can Bonafe duplicate the vertical reverse (?) stitch at the front tip of Edward Green's Dover/Nevis? I'm talking about the stitching that makes it a split toe.


post #2273 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post
 

^ Good god - I may have to sell everything I own to get those St. Crispin's.  I mean… HOLY…   

 

Ok, well, I would not be in if it is in shell, but I may have interest if the whole thing is in dark brown calf.  Though I am sorry that you cannot hold me to anything right now because my judgment has been seriously altered - possibly forever - by the sight of that Stc.

 

I highly recommend doing so. LOL

 

But then again I'm a boot guy and I do like my boots.

 

post #2274 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Patrik, do you have any examples of what Carmina calls Natur Marron?


Got this from a quote from Patrik himself, stating this is Natur Marron: 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

That is an Edward Green shoe called Berkeley in dark Oak. smile.gif


D'oh! You're right, after doing some more investigation, that was screwup on my side, because these were in the same post as a pair of Carmina's. 'Scuse me!
I'm not too familiar with EG's offerings, as they're not in my league (yet).

This definitely is Vegano Marron:

 

 


If both are accurate colour representations, I personally like Vegano better.

post #2275 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

I highly recommend doing so. LOL

But then again I'm a boot guy and I do like my boots.



icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I bet the Galways get jealous.
post #2276 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper88 View Post



If both are accurate colour representations, I personally like Vegano better.

I prefer the darker :-(

The vegano still reads a bit too reddish for me and then there's the potential variation in colour that Patrik mentioned.
post #2277 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post


I prefer the darker :-(

The vegano still reads a bit too reddish for me and then there's the potential variation in colour that Patrik mentioned.

 

I completely understand your point, wouldn't want to get caught up in an overly reddish lighter batch... 
The problem with these things is that we can't see it in actual real life.. That's exactly why I added two pics of the same colour for comparison, I think the second shoe looks a lot better :)Unfortunately I think the natur marron is too dark for my liking.

 

Not sure which colour this is (the most left shoe), but this would work for me as well. Would you also consider this too reddish/light ?

post #2278 of 23713
No, that looks decent to me. More in line with the Dark Oak finish we originally wanted.
post #2279 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


I bet the Galways get jealous.

Shhh don't tell them. Lol
Edited by dddrees - 3/25/14 at 5:11pm
post #2280 of 23713
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl54321 View Post
 

I am thinking of ordering a Bonafe derby boot MTO, is anyone interested in a group MTO for the following?

 

The idea is to have something similar to this Saint Crispin's boot:

 

pcboot1

 

This Bonafe model, with double rows of stitching and a row of stitching by the eyelets (as in the St. C model):

 

http://i.imgur.com/CxnLF37.jpg

 

- 2102 soft chiseled last

- Norvegese welt

- Natural sole edge

- Double leather sole (could potentially do dainite)

- Regular width

 

For the leather, either:

- Brown shell cordovan upper and shaft (would be 7,580 SEK ex-VAT including worldwide shipping, ~$1,185), or

- Dark brown calf upper with lighter brown grained calf shaft (would be 4,700 SEK ex-VAT including worldwide shipping, ~$735)

 

Cool idea - Bonafe boots are a screaming value, IMO.  I'd be down with this but have a greater need for bal boots at present.  I hope this takes off and would be keen to see the result.

 

ddd's St. C's are just outrageous.  Probably my all time fave derby boot in the history of the world. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread