or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1504

post #22546 of 23746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


I'm not usually a huge Jodhpur fan but these are awesome, the inspiration was a MTO we did a while back, very similar specs.

 

The Jodhpur is a style that I warmed to very slowly, but when done well it's an awesome boot.  And these are done very well.

post #22547 of 23746
I like to look at jodhpur though pretty sure won't buy again if I can go back in time as I find buckling to be annoying (so yes monks is annoying to me as well), though that's just me personally. So for same reason probably will never buy button boot...
post #22548 of 23746
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

I like to look at jodhpur though pretty sure won't buy again if I can go back in time as I find buckling to be annoying (so yes monks is annoying to me as well), though that's just me personally. So for same reason probably will never buy button boot...

But buckling does not take longer than lacing? Or is it just that you're not used to it?
post #22549 of 23746
Not sure, find the 'motion' for lacing more nature, so probably just not used to it, I probably wear my jodhpur <30 times in the 5yr that I have own them (Sasetti made for RLPL ones)
post #22550 of 23746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


But buckling does not take longer than lacing? Or is it just that you're not used to it?

 

Buckling is much faster than lacing, IMO.  Particularly in this case.  It's. Just. One. Buckle.

post #22551 of 23746
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

 

Buckling is much faster than lacing, IMO.  Particularly in this case.  It's. Just. One. Buckle.

Ya, agreed. I could understand button boots being a slight annoyance (but let's be real, their sex appeal offsets any annoyance), but I can't see how the process of buckling a single buckle would turn one off from such a pretty boot.

post #22552 of 23746
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post
 

Ya, agreed. I could understand button boots being a slight annoyance (but let's be real, their sex appeal offsets any annoyance), but I can't see how the process of buckling a single buckle would turn one off from such a pretty boot.

 

TRUTH! 

post #22553 of 23746
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post
 

Ya, agreed. I could understand button boots being a slight annoyance (but let's be real, their sex appeal offsets any annoyance), but I can't see how the process of buckling a single buckle would turn one off from such a pretty boot.


Have to agree here.  I have yet to meet a woman who wasn't infatuated with my button boots.

post #22554 of 23746
^^^^^this is very true lol
post #22555 of 23746

x post from Bonafe.  I broke out the ble bal boots on a rainy / stormy day recently.  Just an excuse, really, but no apologies - I do love boots,

 

 

Hosting provided by FotoTime
post #22556 of 23746

So I just got home from a business trip and had two pairs of Albert Thurston braces waiting for me.  I have to say they're quite fantastic!

 

@Leaves any chance of stocking them in charcoal or grey?

post #22557 of 23746

How resistent is the Vibral Rubber Topy Sole of the EB Models?

 

This one for example:

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-classic-oxford

 

Can you easily walk through rainly days with it and maybe sometimes through a park? I mean, are they comparable to the Carmina Tomir Rubber Sole? I know I should probably just stick to Dainite in such cases but they are just not as elegant :)

post #22558 of 23746
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by insy View Post

How resistent is the Vibral Rubber Topy Sole of the EB Models?

This one for example:
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-classic-oxford

Can you easily walk through rainly days with it and maybe sometimes through a park? I mean, are they comparable to the Carmina Tomir Rubber Sole? I know I should probably just stick to Dainite in such cases but they are just not as elegant smile.gif

They can take a lot water but not as much as Dainite.

As you yourself is hinting at, this type of sole is a compromised for those who feel that Dainite is too bulky. And personally I really like this compromise, living in a city where it's usually raining or snowing half the year.
post #22559 of 23746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

They can take a lot water but not as much as Dainite.

As you yourself is hinting at, this type of sole is a compromised for those who feel that Dainite is too bulky. And personally I really like this compromise, living in a city where it's usually raining or snowing half the year.
I remember enzo does provide thin rubber sole like wensum by GG
post #22560 of 23746
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2000r View Post

I remember enzo does provide thin rubber sole like wensum by GG

Millerighe, not as thin as wensum though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread