or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1483

post #22231 of 23720
The 804 last is perfect for short wings.
post #22232 of 23720

Oh yes, yet more incoming stuff.

 

 

Black wholecut chelseas on the 74945 last, a classic makeup.

post #22233 of 23720
Anyone interested in putting together a GMTO short wing on mod363 or 804; similar to the C and J Marlow short wing?

I would be interested in a calf or cordovan make up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmw View Post

The 804 last is perfect for short wings.
post #22234 of 23720

I'v

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingboy View Post

Anyone interested in putting together a GMTO short wing on mod363 or 804; similar to the C and J Marlow short wing?

I would be interested in a calf or cordovan make up?

I've contemplated going for a MTO short wing in darkish brown but on the 74945 last. Could that be of interest?

post #22235 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUtroll View Post

I'v
I've contemplated going for a MTO short wing in darkish brown but on the 74945 last. Could that be of interest?

Absolutely; I am a fan of the 74945
post #22236 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post

Navy / blue shoes go fantastically well with grey trousers.
And every guy should have like... what... 20 pairs of grey trousers?

I think blue shoes can pair with light to medium grey and cream trousers, but not so with dark grey and charcoal. And imagine if you wear blue/navy blazers with grey pants, the blue shoes may be too much, not as good as brown or burgundy ones and even dark green ones.
post #22237 of 23720

@mockingboy and @EUtroll

 

How about this but without the norvegese stitching (270 handwelt instead) and on the 74945 last?

 

post #22238 of 23720
That looks like a good start; what would full make up, sole, leather, etx be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTesquire View Post

@mockingboy
 and @EUtroll


How about this but without the norvegese stitching (270 handwelt instead) and on the 74945 last?


post #22239 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingboy View Post

That looks like a good start; what would full make up, sole, leather, etx be?

@mockingboy @CLTesquire I think it looks great. I'd like to opt for calf leather in this color. Quite flexible for the rest, what's your opinion on a double leather sole?

post #22240 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingboy View Post

That looks like a good start; what would full make up, sole, leather, etx be?

 

I think is Bonafe model 3577.

 

The picture purports to be Vitello Etrusco.  It's a nice shade.  I think Vittelo Meleze would be just as nice (I'd also be down for burgundy).

 

For the sole I'd prefer either a single leather sole or single leather with the Vibram topy.  Dainite would be a little clunky for this in my opinion.

 

Flat brown laces instead of the braided ones in the picture.

 

Natural leather lining.

post #22241 of 23720
I think double leather would be great for this show but would be open to single.

I like Etrusco and Meleze but no burgundy for me. What about Ebano?
post #22242 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingboy View Post

I think double leather would be great for this show but would be open to single.

I like Etrusco and Meleze but no burgundy for me. What about Ebano?

 

I guess I've always preferred the Vitello leather over the Betis leather because the latter is flat and waxy looking to me.  I like some shine. :D

 

You may be right about a double leather sole.  The only shoe I have a double leather sole on has a 360 welt and it looks clunky.  But that's a combination of the giant Alden last it's on and the 360 welt.  I think a 270 handwelt on the 74945 last would look excellent with whatever sole.

post #22243 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTesquire View Post
 

 

I guess I've always preferred the Vitello leather over the Betis leather because the latter is flat and waxy looking to me.  I like some shine. :D

 

You may be right about a double leather sole.  The only shoe I have a double leather sole on has a 360 welt and it looks clunky.  But that's a combination of the giant Alden last it's on and the 360 welt.  I think a 270 handwelt on the 74945 last would look excellent with whatever sole.

 

I agree regarding the leather. Between the two, I would favor etrusco and then meleze. 

 

I think the appearance would be quite different from the Alden pair and that a double sole would look great, but I'm flexible on this one. 

post #22244 of 23720

@mockingboy

@EUtroll 

 

So Bonafe model 3577

 

 

Etrusco calf

double leather sole

74945 last

270 handwelt (no Norvegese)

brown sole edge

brown flat laces

natural lining

 

The only other thing I'd suggest is a light burnish on the toe to give it a little more character.  Also, if there's a groundswell of support for Meleze, I'd be cool with that too.  After seeing the pic of the incoming Meleze captoes, I think it's an awesome color too.

 

Any other thoughts guys?  I think we need 4 people to get this going.

post #22245 of 23720
I this looks good as is; I've got the brown marlow already which is too similar to the Meleze.

Anyone for toe taps or no? I'm fine without
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTesquire View Post

@mockingboy

@EUtroll
 

So Bonafe model 3577




Etrusco calf
double leather sole
74945 last
270 handwelt (no Norvegese)
brown sole edge
brown flat laces
natural lining

The only other thing I'd suggest is a light burnish on the toe to give it a little more character.  Also, if there's a groundswell of support for Meleze, I'd be cool with that too.  After seeing the pic of the incoming Meleze captoes, I think it's an awesome color too.

Any other thoughts guys?  I think we need 4 people to get this going.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread