or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1474

post #22096 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


I have not decided if we are going to post an upcoming styles list in the future, it kind of ruins the element of surprise. TBD.


True, but it sure can be helpful for those who like to plan their purchases in advance!  Not that I am one of those individuals, my shoe purchases seem to be somewhat impulsive with signs of addiction. :)

post #22097 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


I have not decided if we are going to post an upcoming styles list in the future, it kind of ruins the element of surprise. TBD.

I can certainly understand wanting to preserve the element of surprise.  However, a list of what you will have doesn't compare to the surprise of seeing the shoes in pictures once they're offered for sale.  So I think there will always be some surprise/excitement involved.

 

I would want to mention that there are other benefits to an upcoming styles list and I'll use myself as an example.  About a month and a half ago I placed a single Bonafe MTO for the black captoe that's been so popular.  Then, a few weeks later, it was introduced on your site as a RTW shoe.  I'll be honest, I was a little bummed and a little curious why that couldn't have at least have been mentioned when I was placing the MTO.  The only difference between what I did and what you sell is the last, which is something I would have happily compromised on to save on the MTO fee and get my shoes 3-4 months sooner.  I feel compelled to also mention that your store would have gotten their entire fee 3-4 months sooner as well.  My purpose in relaying this example is not to complain because I think you're an excellent store, you provide excellent customer service, and it is what it is, but to give you an example on how the posting of an upcoming styles list could have provided real benefits to both customer and store.

 

Anyway, just my thoughts.


Edited by CLTesquire - 6/28/16 at 11:06am
post #22098 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdes81 View Post


True, but it sure can be helpful for those who like to plan their purchases in advance!  Not that I am one of those individuals, my shoe purchases seem to be somewhat impulsive with signs of addiction. smile.gif
Addicted and welcome to shoeholic AAA😀
post #22099 of 23720

I also imagine not having makeups listed means other less inspired shops can't copy. :)

post #22100 of 23720
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTesquire View Post

I can certainly understand wanting to preserve the element of surprise.  However, a list of what you will have doesn't compare to the surprise of seeing the shoes in pictures once they're offered for sale.  So I think there will always be some surprise/excitement involved.

I would want to mention that there are other benefits to an upcoming styles list and I'll use myself as an example.  About a month and a half ago I placed a single Bonafe MTO for the black captoe that's been so popular.  Then, a few weeks later, it was introduced on your site as a RTW shoe.  I'll be honest, I was a little bummed and a little curious why that couldn't have at least have been mentioned when I was placing the MTO.  The only difference between what I did and what you sell is the last, which is something I would have happily compromised on to save on the MTO fee and get my shoes 3-4 months sooner.  I feel compelled to also mention that your store would have gotten their entire fee 3-4 months sooner as well.  My purpose in relaying this example is not to complain because I think you're an excellent store, you provide excellent customer service, and it is what it is, but to give you an example on how the posting of an upcoming styles list could have provided real benefits to both customer and store.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

I appreciate your feedback. The challenge for us is the sheer number of MTOs we handle every week. So I completely understand and can relate but in this particular case I can't blame the guys for not noticing we had a similar RTW style incoming. We don't even keep a complete consolidated list of incoming RTW styles ourselves, and this needs to be improved of course, but I'm still a bit sceptical about the waiting list. I'll weigh pros and cons and we'll see what the future holds.
post #22101 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdes81 View Post

I also imagine not having makeups listed means other less inspired shops can't copy. smile.gif

That, and if you don't know what's coming you might buy a style that's in stock now versus not buying and waiting for a style you may like. To the same accord, someone may save up their money to a buy a planned arrival if they're set on a style. It cuts both ways.

I assure you that Patrik is no fool, and not publish in planned arrivals is more than just maintaining the element of surprise.
post #22102 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post

I assure you that Patrik is no fool, and not publish in planned arrivals is more than just maintaining the element of surprise.

 

Totally agree on all accounts.

post #22103 of 23720

I would very much appreciate the possibility to sign up for a pre-order more often. Having an odd size provides for disappointment in many cases as my size is most likely not included. Fair enough, there are a few but it is still very limited.  

post #22104 of 23720
Guys.

as aaked already, are there any plans to actually offer payments in EUR in the near future? You already have higher prices compared to the official carmina shop in EUR, the exchange rate fees kill me fir the most part 👎
post #22105 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTesquire View Post

I can certainly understand wanting to preserve the element of surprise.  However, a list of what you will have doesn't compare to the surprise of seeing the shoes in pictures once they're offered for sale.  So I think there will always be some surprise/excitement involved.

I would want to mention that there are other benefits to an upcoming styles list and I'll use myself as an example.  About a month and a half ago I placed a single Bonafe MTO for the black captoe that's been so popular.  Then, a few weeks later, it was introduced on your site as a RTW shoe.  I'll be honest, I was a little bummed and a little curious why that couldn't have at least have been mentioned when I was placing the MTO.  The only difference between what I did and what you sell is the last, which is something I would have happily compromised on to save on the MTO fee and get my shoes 3-4 months sooner.  I feel compelled to also mention that your store would have gotten their entire fee 3-4 months sooner as well.  My purpose in relaying this example is not to complain because I think you're an excellent store, you provide excellent customer service, and it is what it is, but to give you an example on how the posting of an upcoming styles list could have provided real benefits to both customer and store.

Anyway, just my thoughts.
Absolutely agreed smile.gif
post #22106 of 23720
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdes81 View Post


True, but it sure can be helpful for those who like to plan their purchases in advance!  Not that I am one of those individuals, my shoe purchases seem to be somewhat impulsive with signs of addiction. smile.gif

Hello everyone,
I'm Winston, and I'm a shoeaholic.
post #22107 of 23720
.
Edited by j ingevaldsson - 6/29/16 at 4:48am
post #22108 of 23720

Some Bonafè MTO inspiration from the latest delivery: 

 

 

Enzo Bonafe 3722 Vitello Etrusco 74945 Last

 

Enzo Bonafe 3403 m. Hidro Volpe 363 mod. Last

 

Enzo Bonafe 3930 Vitello Meleze 363 mod. Last

 

Enzo Bonafe 3540 mod. Museum Claret 946 Last

 

Enzo Bonafe 2690 m. Vitello Nero/Peccary Nero 2102B Last

 

Enzo Bonafe 3403 m. Lama Cola 946 Last

 

Enzo Bonafe 3403 m. Hidro Jasper Shiefer 804 Last

 

Enzo Bonafe 3577 Vitello Col. 22721 804 Last

 

Enzo Bonafe 1968 m. Lama Ebano/Lino 363m Last

 

Enzo Bonafe 771 intero Vitello Col.056 946 Last

 

Enzo Bonafe 3870 Vitello Nero 946 Last

 

Enzo Bonafe 2364 Hidro Canapa 804 Last

 

 

Enzo Bonafe 3946 Vitello Giamaica/Hidro Lino 804 Last

 

Enzo Bonafe 3870 Vitello Meleze/Hidro Jasper 946 Last

 

Regards,

 

Oliver

post #22109 of 23720
Are the laces on model 3870 functional? Or is this a loafer? TIA
post #22110 of 23720
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by insy View Post

Guys.

as aaked already, are there any plans to actually offer payments in EUR in the near future? You already have higher prices compared to the official carmina shop in EUR, the exchange rate fees kill me fir the most part 👎

We're looking into this, it's not something we can do in the near future as it creates issues with out VAT account, our VAT needs to be declared in SEK to the Swedish Tax Office. It's a bit of a pain to be honest. If this was not the case I would have made the switch long ago, need to find a way to automate this within our accounting system.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread