or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1406

post #21076 of 23796
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post

GG just posted on Instagram saying to email them direct for any kudu order you want.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hopefully then, G&G has found a new source of Kudu that looks like the Pebody Kudu. I will of course investigate. I'm very surprised Dean has not told me about it as they know we are very interested in making more runs in this leather.
post #21077 of 23796
@Leaves thx you I was in market for new braces & these look good kill two things, shoes & braces with one stone 👍👍
post #21078 of 23796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post

I know what I'll be adding to my order when those G&G MTO cherry/kudu Walktons arrive smile.gif
You & me brother !!
post #21079 of 23796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Hopefully then, G&G has found a new source of Kudu that looks like the Pebody Kudu. I will of course investigate. I'm very surprised Dean has not told me about it as they know we are very interested in making more runs in this leather.

 I believe it's CF Stead's classic kudu 

 

post #21080 of 23796
that IWC is fantastic, bro


Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Maiden voyage today

post #21081 of 23796
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical View Post

 I believe it's CF Stead's classic kudu 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Yeah I saw the Stead Kudu at the leather fair in Milan, it was nothing like the Pebody Kudu. I quote Dean, an email just a few minutes ago.

"The last skins we had were not as good as the original, so we got less pairs per hide, we have run out pretty much now, we are working with a tannery for a new batch."
post #21082 of 23796
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post

GG just posted on Instagram saying to email them direct for any kudu order you want.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Furthermore, Dean just confirmed that this Instagram photo actually shows Skoaktiebolaget shoes. Maybe I'll ask them to tag us at least. happy.gif
post #21083 of 23796
Can always count on Patrik for solid info, right from the source.
post #21084 of 23796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Furthermore, Dean just confirmed that this Instagram photo actually shows Skoaktiebolaget shoes. Maybe I'll ask them to tag us at least. happy.gif


Oh, I have ordered a pair of Isham in Oak Kudu. I hope that it is my pair in the photo then :slayer:

post #21085 of 23796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Furthermore, Dean just confirmed that this Instagram photo actually shows Skoaktiebolaget shoes. Maybe I'll ask them to tag us at least. happy.gif

G&G has provided me pricing for single MTO for Kudo Isham and Kudo St. James-II which is higher than normal considering the markup for single MTO. 

It will be awesome if we can do a GMTO thru @Skoaktiebolaget keeping the price low and if others are also interested to do a run in Oak Kudo. 

I am interested to do Oak Kudo Isham's or Oak Kudo/Vintage Oak Calf St. James-II (E width MH71 Last). 

post #21086 of 23796
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnguy001 View Post

that IWC is fantastic, bro
Thanks!
post #21087 of 23796
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh View Post

G&G has provided me pricing for single MTO for Kudo Isham and Kudo St. James-II which is higher than normal considering the markup for single MTO. 
It will be awesome if we can do a GMTO thru @Skoaktiebolaget
 keeping the price low and if others are also interested to do a run in Oak Kudo. 
I am interested to do Oak Kudo Isham's or Oak Kudo/Vintage Oak Calf St. James-II (E width MH71 Last). 

Dean has told me there is not enough Kudu for a full run of six, sorry.
post #21088 of 23796
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post


GG just posted on Instagram saying to email them direct for any kudu order you want.

Those look like my shoes. LOL

post #21089 of 23796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Hopefully then, G&G has found a new source of Kudu that looks like the Pebody Kudu. I will of course investigate. I'm very surprised Dean has not told me about it as they know we are very interested in making more runs in this leather.


Does not sound like fair play to me...:eh:

post #21090 of 23796

Received these beauties today. Absolutely stunning finish, great Coimbra colour and beautiful depth.

 

 

Unfortunately, they do not fit me. Compared to Carmina, they do have a larger opening and less curvature at the heel, which gives me heel slip even with an insole (which I would not be able to fit into Rain). Even with the insole, the lacing is fully closed and I am not able to create tension. For comparison you can see them here (size 8.5) compared to Rain 8.5 on the left (burgundy museum) and Simpson 9.0 (dark brown) on the right.

 

 

Sizing down might be an option, as the leather is soft, but it could get too narrow in the forefoot. The CS definitely has more volume vertically than Rain.

 

I cannot return them, so make me an offer for these mint shoes out of the box.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread