or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1368

post #20506 of 23830
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post

Would you say the CS lasts could fit a wide foot in their usual size? I'm a US E, UK F, whatever measurement you want to use for "one width bigger than normal."
That's a though question. The short answer would be 'no'. CS lasts are roomier, but I think since you will need to size down 1/2 from you're usual size to CS, the width might become a problem if you're not a normal width. If it was me, I wouldn't take that risk.
post #20507 of 23830
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post

Would you say the CS lasts could fit a wide foot in their usual size? I'm a US E, UK F, whatever measurement you want to use for "one width bigger than normal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

That's a though question. The short answer would be 'no'. CS lasts are roomier, but I think since you will need to size down 1/2 from you're usual size to CS, the width might become a problem if you're not a normal width. If it was me, I wouldn't take that risk.

I usually wear a F-fitting in G&G (which is wide) and G in Sant Cripsin's and Bonafè (also wide). I could fit into Carlos Santos perfectly fine. I'll get back to you when I can confirm my size in the different lasts (I'm not in the store today) but I believe I used me regular Carmina Rain size.

The lads in the store fits people all day long, and can give you the absolute best fitting advice in regards of Carlos Santos. sales@skoaktiebolaget.se
Edited by Leaves - 2/10/16 at 9:24am
post #20508 of 23830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


I usually wear an F-fitting in G&G (which is wide) and G in Sant Cripsin's and Bonafè (also wide). I could fit into Carlos Santos perfectly fine. I'll get back to you when I can confirm my size in the different lasts (I'm not in the store today) but I believe I used me regular Carmina Rain size.

The lads in the store fits people all day long, and can give you the absolute best fitting advice in regards of Carlos Santos. sales@skoaktiebolaget.se

Hence the "though question" (=it depends). If you're a wide fit in Vass for example, I don't think a regular CS will fit you. But if you're a wide fit in G&G and EG as Leaves, that might work out for you. I size up 1/2 for EG and G&G, mostly because of the width. Judging by that, CS regular width works for me. I would say it all depends on what you're comparing to.
post #20509 of 23830
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrv123 View Post

What's the expected delivery date?
Follow the link - July
post #20510 of 23830

@Newcomer those are gorgeous.

post #20511 of 23830
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

I visited SkoAB today, mainly to see Carlos Santos' shoes in person.

My size (all normal widths)
Carlos Santos (167, 234): UK7
Enzo Bonafè (946): UK7,5
Enzo Bonafè (804): UK7
Carmina (Inca, Rain, Forest, Uetam): UK7,5
Carmina (Simpson): UK8
Crockett & Jones (348, 337, 360): UK7,5
Vass (F, SP): EU41
Vass (U): EU41,5
Edward Green (888, 82): UK8
Gaziano & Girling (GG06, MH71, TG73): UK8
Riccardo Bestetti (1966, 1967): UK7

Hope that helps.

 

Were those Carlos Santos 167 or 160 last?

 

I'm hoping the patina Jodhpurs (160 last) aren't too large then as I went with 1 size down from my US Brannock or the same as my typical Carmina size.

post #20512 of 23830
Thread Starter 
We're putting together fitting data for all of us in the store, and will post last/size comparisons here shortly, until then feel free to email us of course.
post #20513 of 23830
Thank you Leaves that would be very helpful.
post #20514 of 23830
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ochong View Post

Were those Carlos Santos 167 or 160 last?

I'm hoping the patina Jodhpurs (160 last) aren't too large then as I went with 1 size down from my US Brannock or the same as my typical Carmina size.

There's a lot of difference in fit between the 187 last and the 160. We'll have to wait for @DonRaphael to clarify.
post #20515 of 23830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ochong View Post

Were those Carlos Santos 167 or 160 last?

I'm hoping the patina Jodhpurs (160 last) aren't too large then as I went with 1 size down from my US Brannock or the same as my typical Carmina size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

There's a lot of difference in fit between the 187 last and the 160. We'll have to wait for @DonRaphael to clarify.
Sorry, gentlemen. I thought the guy in the store said 167, but I must've heard wrong. I meant 187 last. The swan neck cap toe was the model I tried. I changed my initial post accordingly.
post #20516 of 23830
Thread Starter 
Here are some pictures of styles that I hope can be helpful. Carlos Santos has a huge variety of styles. I mean, really, really huge. We've chosen some styles that we felt represented us best and adapted/developed some new ones, and a lot more to come.

Style 6942 on the 316 last. Wine Shadow Patina (one of my favorites) Incoming as stock this spring. We have the same style on the 234 last available in stock and as Patina Service.


Style 7201 in Braga Patina. Part of our Permanent Stock that will be refilled every other week.


Style 7273 in Algarve Patina on the 316 last. Incoming as stock this spring.


Style 7905 in Black Calf, 187 last. Part of our Permanent Stock that will be refilled every other week.


Style 7905 in suede, 187 last. Part of our Permanent Stock that will be refilled every other week.


Style 7991 in suede Calf, 160 last. Part of our Permanent Stock that will be refilled every other week.


Style 8866 in Coimbra Patina, 234 last. Part of our Permanent Stock that will be refilled every other week (at last during fall/winter).


Style 10007 on the 234 last, a Skoaktiebolaget adapted pattern, in Cognac Calf. Incoming as stock this spring.


Style 10007 on the 234 last, a Skoaktiebolaget adapted pattern, in Black Calf. Incoming as stock this spring.


Style 10008 on the 234 last, another Skoaktiebolaget adapted pattern, in suede. Incoming as stock this spring.


Style 10009 on the 160 last, another Skoaktiebolaget adapted pattern, in Florest Patina (no, not Forest). Incoming as stock this spring.
post #20517 of 23830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Style 10008 on the 234 last, another Skoaktiebolaget adapted pattern, in suede. Incoming as stock this spring.

Thanks for the info. 

 

10008 looking good :happy:

post #20518 of 23830

Those look great @Leaves!  Several are going to be very tempting.

post #20519 of 23830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


I usually wear a F-fitting in G&G (which is wide) and G in Sant Cripsin's and Bonafè (also wide). I could fit into Carlos Santos perfectly fine. I'll get back to you when I can confirm my size in the different lasts (I'm not in the store today) but I believe I used me regular Carmina Rain size.

The lads in the store fits people all day long, and can give you the absolute best fitting advice in regards of Carlos Santos. sales@skoaktiebolaget.se
Thanks! That would be very helpful.
post #20520 of 23830
Oh my! I think I'm going to have to talk to my wife. Definitely will get the 10009 and a pair of chukkas in calf but there are a couple of other I want to get as well. What finish to get will be the question now. The Florest Patina might be too bold for work but it looks awesome.

Great addition with Carlos Santos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread