I agree, there's a huge difference between a nice patina and a bunch of unsightly water welts.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1332post #19967 of 232981/19/16 at 4:23pmpost #19968 of 232981/19/16 at 4:30pmpost #19969 of 232981/19/16 at 4:44pmpost #19970 of 232981/19/16 at 4:49pmpost #19971 of 232981/19/16 at 4:57pmQuote:
Beautiful! I was told at the Proper Kit show that US Size - 2.5 = UK size, though my friend who also came felt that -2UK size was optimal.post #19972 of 232981/19/16 at 4:57pmQuote:
Amen. I know that shell is tough enough to stand up to all kinds of foul weather wear in terms of durability. But it terms of aesthetics, it's a pussy. Calf and suede don't instantly look like ass after a sprinkle of rain.post #19973 of 232981/19/16 at 5:02pmQuote:Thanks! Yep, all the charts I came across said -2.5 as well, but that was just a bit too short.
Beautiful boots and technically my first pair of Carmina, haha.post #19974 of 232981/19/16 at 5:06pmQuote:
unfortunately the boot didn't work for my wife, (rubbing in the heel) despite her fitting the suede boot perfectly in the same size. Her most comfy boots according to her.
It's too bad as it is a lovely boot and definitely leagues above what you can find here locally.post #19975 of 232981/19/16 at 6:00pmpost #19976 of 232981/19/16 at 6:02pmpost #19977 of 232981/19/16 at 6:04pmpost #19978 of 232981/19/16 at 6:09pmpost #19979 of 232981/19/16 at 7:05pmpost #19980 of 232981/19/16 at 7:42pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by tdes81
I have to agree about the whole shell craze. I mean it's nice but after my initial love affair with it I'm definitely over it. It's just a royal pain having to worry about weather conditions to see if you can wear your shoes/boots or not, and heaven forbid you get stuck in a random rainstorm - you'll be spending an hour to try and get rid of all the splotches.
Shell is a beautiful leather, and I won't be getting rid of the pairs I have, but I probably won't be buying much more of it.
I agree as well! I've heard from many that it is a pain to deal with unless you work with it a lot and it is a pain to keep in perfect condition. I know that Shell is usually meant to be hard wearing and can take a beating so it doesn't have to stay really clean, but i can get a great shine on calf and make it much dressier looking. I also would rather have textured leathers for causal wear instead of shell.
I still don't mind shell and won't get rid of mine, but I have no need to get any more unless it would be really special and could find a good use for it!
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 43 seconds ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 1 minute ago
- › MTM Suit Feedback Please 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 11 minutes ago
- › Mens Cashmere Overcoat - What colour/style for re-lining? 12 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 13 minutes ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 15 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...