or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1308

post #19606 of 23719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Edward Green at Skoaktiebolaget

Dear friends, as you may have noticed we have been quite restrictive with Edward Green orders for some time now – and it is now a fact that we will start to phase out Edward Green. Although I really appreciate the Edward Green aesthetics and the history the company has, it has become clear that we cannot continue to work with them. This decision was based on our core values and our company philosophy.

Edward Green has promised us to honor any previously placed order (MTOs, pre-orders and such) and of course we will hold them to this pledge.

Kind regards,
Patrik a.k.a Leaves – founder and owner of Skoaktiebolaget

Ouch, great while it lasted. Thanks team skoak.
post #19607 of 23719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Edward Green at Skoaktiebolaget

Dear friends, as you may have noticed we have been quite restrictive with Edward Green orders for some time now – and it is now a fact that we will start to phase out Edward Green. Although I really appreciate the Edward Green aesthetics and the history the company has, it has become clear that we cannot continue to work with them. This decision was based on our core values and our company philosophy.

Edward Green has promised us to honor any previously placed order (MTOs, pre-orders and such) and of course we will hold them to this pledge.

Kind regards,
Patrik a.k.a Leaves – founder and owner of Skoaktiebolaget

Definitely a hard decision to make, particularly to such a renowned brand among shoes makers, thus, really have to tribute Skoaktiebolaget for their courage of uphold the core value of doing business nowadays!  

post #19608 of 23719
Not surprised. I first came across the EG lack of flexibility back when I won the 2012 RMCH charity auction. The MTO was so restrictive, luckily Leathersoul let me change to St Crispin which introduced me to a much better company to work with.
post #19609 of 23719
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

There is no clear winner in this situation.

I am definitely disappointed I will no longer be able to purchase my favorite brand of shoes from an absolutely first rate store where the focus is on customer service. As others have said, this development and decision by Patrik is not a complete surprise.

Edward Green is not geared toward flexibility, which is the bottom line for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post

Not surprised. I first came across the EG lack of flexibility back when I won the 2012 RMCH charity auction. The MTO was so restrictive, luckily Leathersoul let me change to St Crispin which introduced me to a much better company to work with.

If you think EG is inflexible in their policies, try JLP.
post #19610 of 23719
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post



If you think EG is inflexible in their policies, try JLP.

 

Haha!

post #19611 of 23719
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post


If you think EG is inflexible in their policies, try JLP.

Oh, I gave that up ages ago, I was lucky to catch the tail end of the better days with a pair of Brooklands in Plum Museum.
post #19612 of 23719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Carmina is not allowing their retailers to do GMTOs for shell anymore. You'll have to go the Bonafè route for this. We have Mahogany and Dark Cognac Horween Shell in stock and reserved only for us at Bonafè. Go crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

I think he's saying he wants to do it in grain calf instead of shell.

Does Bonafe still have navy shell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Nope, they only offer Mahogany and Dark Cognac shell. Everything else is out of stock. We bought the whole stock up from the Italian agent they use.

Yeah, was hoping to have it in scotch or hatched grain calf. I guess I could look at Bonafe too but do they do the Frankenstitch or raised stitching style as well for their boots?
post #19613 of 23719
I commissioned two MTOs earlier this year. The first pair came on time and was WAY BELOW my quality expectations... meaning I would not even pay $50 for the pair.

My second one is already late over a month and I really couldn't give a damn if it were below my expectations since Edward Green botched my inaugural purchase. A big shame as I was in a JL boutique after commissioning the two EG MTOs... regret not buying a pair of Chapel's in Pewter Museum If only I knew of the upcoming epic fail that was to be my first pair.
post #19614 of 23719
Would like to seek for advice for cream colour (saphir) for doak.

Have a Shannon boots (from Skoak!). Notice recently that the bottom stitches of the V part tore the leather edge on one side & some natural colour shows up, although just a very little I still want to supply some colour on it.

Definitely should avoid close laced boots in the future LOL

Thanks in advance!
post #19615 of 23719
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2000r View Post

Would like to seek for advice for cream colour (saphir) for doak.

Have a Shannon boots (from Skoak!). Notice recently that the bottom stitches of the V part tore the leather edge on one side & some natural colour shows up, although just a very little I still want to supply some colour on it.

Definitely should avoid close laced boots in the future LOL

Thanks in advance!


I tend to stay away from cream because it will leave more pigment behind and I tend to use neutral wax and conditioner as when necessary and possible. Wax on heel and toe, and conditioner everywhere else. I have used medium brown cream when necessary for scuffs and such that cannot be buffed out but only on the affected area. Iwould not be against using darker brown as well and this just depends on how dark your Dark Oak really is.

post #19616 of 23719
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


I tend to stay away from cream because it will leave more pigment behind and I tend to use neutral wax and conditioner as when necessary and possible. Wax on heel and toe, and conditioner everywhere else. I have used medium brown cream when necessary for scuffs and such that cannot be buffed out but only on the affected area. Iwould not be against using darker brown as well and this just depends on how dark your Dark Oak really is.
Are you referring to color cream that you don't use? Or are you saying you don't use sapphire neutral cream but instead you just use conditioner & wax.
post #19617 of 23719
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Are you referring to color cream that you don't use? Or are you saying you don't use sapphire neutral cream but instead you just use conditioner & wax.


Typically I don't use even neutral cream except for Cordovan shoe and boots where I will use Saphir cordovan neutral cream. I figure its a product designed for Cordovan so I use this instead of conditioner on cordovan shoes or boots especially on the notoriously dry C&J Cordovan.

 

On calf I tend to use conditioner instead of any cream and as far as I know unless told differently I see no need to use neutral cream as well as or in place of conditioner. If there is any benefit for doing so someone please tell me now. If I need colored cream for some reason then and only then will I do so.

post #19618 of 23719
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


Typically I don't use even neutral cream except for Cordovan shoe and boots where I will use Saphir cordovan neutral cream. I figure its a product designed for Cordovan so I use this instead of conditioner on cordovan shoes or boots especially on the notoriously dry C&J Cordovan.

On calf I tend to use conditioner instead of any cream and as far as I know unless told differently I see no need to use neutral cream as well as or in place of conditioner. If there is any benefit for doing so someone please tell me now. If I need colored cream for some reason then and only then will I do so.
Heck I have been doing conditioner bick 4 then sapphire neutral cream then wax. But mainly sapphire neutral cream & wax. I asked because I thought it was not good or some thing. Because you said it leaves pigment behind. I use very light amount & have not came across that. So figured to ask..
post #19619 of 23719
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Heck I have been doing conditioner bick 4 then sapphire neutral cream then wax. But mainly sapphire neutral cream & wax. I asked because I thought it was not good or some thing. Because you said it leaves pigment behind. I use very light amount & have not came across that. So figured to ask..


Well I do use saphir neutral cordovan cream on Cordovan shoes, but for calf I just use Bick4 if I think they need conditioned. As far as I know I don't see any benefit of using both the neutral cream and the conditioner. I probably did this at one time, but I don't anymore. I just figure this way it's less product, but what do I know.

post #19620 of 23719
Let's pour one out for the homies...was great while it lasted (no pun intended)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread